Greenpoint Seeds Elephant Stomper X Star Dawg Hydro + Led

• Thread starter Mr.Chocolate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Greenpoint seeds elephant stomper x star dawg  hydro  led

Hello Everyone

Thanks for joining my grow. These seeds were purchased directly from GU (Breeder). I've been looking forward to getting some of his beans under lights so let's get started. Just remember, let's keep this thread positive and full of good energy and hopefully we can all learn from the things I did right and what I did wrong.

Company:
Greenpoint Seeds
Seeds: Elephant Stomper X Star Dawg
Seed Info: Via GU's website-
"Elephant Stomper stays low, provides extreme branching with almost no visible main cola. She provides a little color and lip-smackingly sweet flavor. Elephant Stomper adds weight and an intense concord marmalade flavor to the Star Dawg while retaining the resin profile and the potency of the Chemdog star-child.
Star Dawg is the culmination of years of inbreeding and working the Chemdog line by breeding legend, Top Dawg Seeds. Packs retail for $200 and are auction off at nearly $1,000 for just a few seeds. This Star Dawg male is from the 2011-2012 batch that produced such phenos as the Kate Uptown pheno and other super colorful phenos."
System: Deep Water Culture.
Nutrients: Cutting Edge Nutrients + Compost Tea
Lighting: Led (sorry keeping the details on these private.
Co2: 1000-1200 from Veg to Harvest

Objective: To document my Elephant Stomper x Star Dawg seed growing experience while providing HONEST and informative informative so that you the consumer can know what to expect from these seeds along with learning from what I did right and wrong.

Smoke Report: The smoke report will not be done by myself, but rather by my patients. There are a handful of very brutally honest patients that I have who are jaded and expect the best from me. Simply, if they say it's good, then it's GOOD. These are the type of smokers that can break down the smell, taste and potency. I also believe it's important to have an independent review of your product, for obvious reasons.

Lab Testing
: If any lab testing is done I'll post any results on this thread.

What I expect from you: Let's keep this thread positive and on track. Feel free to request any additional info in my weekly updates.

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Time: Week 1 of Seedling
Room Temp: Approx 75F
Growing Media: Rockwool
Nutrients: None only compost tea.

I should point out that after years of using organic root plugs, such as root riot, this is my first time using rockwool cubes to germinate seeds in over 5 years, and some mistakes were made early due to this.

After soaking my rockwool in compost tea for approx. 2 hours I planted the seeds directly into the cubes about 1/2 inch from the surface. After about 3 days 9 of the 10 seeds have sprouted, however after tearing into the cube that had not sprouted I found that the seed DID germinate however, therefore 100% germination, but I had not removed enough water from the cube and the seedling drowned soon after.

I began to wait for the lower leaves of the seedlings to yellow slightly before adding a 1/10 nutrient solution + compost tea as feed. After about day 7 I began adding this solution.

Pic: Sorry, forgot to take a pic of this.

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Time: Week 2 of Seedling
Room Temp: Approx 75F
Growing Media: Rockwool
Nutrients: 1/10 nutrient solution of cutting edge nutrients + compost tea

The plants are growing very well and are on track to be placed in the veg room buckets.

Pic #1: These are approximately 14+ from seed. I had not been taking a detailed journal up to this point so the exact date is lost. You can also see some of my Spiderbite X Monster Cookie seedlings also from Greenpoint Seeds to the right. Note: You can see some yellowing in the leaves which I typically wait for until I start adding synthetic nutrients.

20150614 194544

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Time: Week 2 of veg Day 8
Room Temp: 82 F day 72 F night
Water Temp: 64-67
Nutrients:
approx 800 ppm of Cutting Edge Nutrients + Compost Tea

Notes:
-Due to limited veg room space I chose 8 of 9 plants to transfer into the hydro veg room.

-About 8 days into veg and things are looking great. GU's (breeder) description was pretty accurate, in that these plants love to stay bushy and most don't have a defined primary cola.

-These plants were topped once and the majority of them progressed to be very busy from that point on. I think the ones with a more defined primary stalk are likely to be Star Dawg dominate.

-Things are rolling along great and the root mass is becoming well established. I'll take pic of the root mass in the future until flowering. I expect explosive growth to hit by the end of the week, which is typical in this type of system, in my experience.

Plant #1
2015 07 22 055639

Plant #2
2015 07 22 055702

Plant #3
2015 07 22 055742

Plant #4
2015 07 22 055829

Plant #5
2015 07 22 055900

Plant #6
2015 07 22 055938

Plant #7
2015 07 22 060020

Plant #8 Ops, neglected to take this pic. However, this was the smallest of the group.

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Going to be posting an update in the next hour or two. Don't worry, I'll be keeping this updated weekly until I have a smoke report for everyone.

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Time: Week 2 of veg Day 15

Nutrients: Approx 800 ppm. Cutting Edge + Compost Tea
Foliage Spray: Compost tea twice a week
Co2: 1000-1200 ppm
Room Temp: 82 F day 72 F night
Water Temp: 64-68
Nutrients: approx 800 ppm of Cutting Edge Nutrients + Compost Tea

Journal: Plants have begun to really take off. I topped the main colas of each plant and continued applying compost tea as foliage spray. I had messaged GU about commercially viable plants and he had mentioned this Elephant Stompper as one of them, and he looks to be correct. The next row over I have a cut of the clone only Blue Dream and several of these Elephant Stomper X Stardawgs have already overtaken them in size overall size. Starting next week I'm going to begin rubbing the stems to see if I can begin to pick up their scent. I'm already picking up a sweet floral berry smell when working nearby them.

Personal: Happy comes to mind when describing thee . They've remained low but bushy and I'm hoping to find some Potent grape tasting bud along with some big yields from this plant. 1 more week until flowering so we'll begin to find out shortly. I've been running some bluedream lately, however they just get too gigantic during flowering and I had to constantly deal with stalks breaking from the weight, which is a good problem to have but 8+ feet tall plants indoors with no room to work with is a headache. I'm hoping this pans out to be a great commercial alternative with potency and taste.

Note: About an hour earlier I sprayed these plants with a compost tea mix which left, what looks like, a dirty water stain on the leafs and buckets. The pink and purple light you can slightly see are from a nearby row of lights that had not shutoff yet for the night. The timers are slightly staggered by several minutes to prevent the circuits from overloading.

Plant #1
20150727 235247
Plant #2
20150727 235301
Plant #3
20150727 235312
Plant #4
20150727 235330
Plant #5
20150727 235348
Plant #6
20150727 235353
Plant #7
20150727 235403
Plant #8
20150727 235412

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Looking like they're off to a Great start..
and have to second what @thunderfudge said ... keep the Info
a flowin and the Plants a growin :-) good luck Grow strong~!

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Thanks. Appreciate the comments. Let me know if there is any additional info I can improve in.

Renseller

Renseller

I dig your set up, did you build it all yourself?
I've been interested in Greenpoint's Star Dawg crosses since they released...can't wait to see how they come out!
I'll be watching your progress, all best to you and your ladies. :)

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

looking good cant wait to watch the rest of this Mr. Chocolate... Keep a close eye for hermies.. Other than that this strain should be bomb! just finished a couple of stardawg crosses and they are frosty!~

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Hi everyone. Sorry for not making the Monday update. I flipped the room to flowering on Saturday. I'll be making a proper update on this post tomorrow. Had to leave the farm for a couple of days and haven't been back since to make a proper update. I'll see you all tomorrow..

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Time: Week 2 day 18 of Veg (Day before flowering begins)
Nutrients: Approx 1000 ppm. Cutting Edge + Compost Tea
Foliage Spray: Compost Tea
Room Temp: 82 Day 72 Nigh
Water Temp: 64-68F

NOTE: This journal is only 4 1/2 days after the previous journal and pictures were taken due to not being able to make it back to the farm for my weekly Monday update. These pics were taken the day before Flowering began.

Journal: Not much to say other then these things are growing beautifully. Growing very agressively, white healthy roots and stay short and bushy. Not much space between internodes and two of the plants have overtaken the Bluedream in size. I consider Bluedream a commercialized crop.

Personal: I'm really loving these plants. Short, Bushy and two of the plants are bigger than the nearby Blue Dreams, so I'm hoping to have found another commercialized plant with high potency, taste, smell and maybe a little purple. Looking forward to these beauties.

Plant #1
20150801 113146
Plant #2
20150801 113156
Plant #3
20150801 113208
Plant #4
20150801 113237
Plant #5
20150801 113244
Plant #6
20150801 113253
Plant #7
20150801 113259
Plant #8

20150801 113307

Last edited:
Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Time: Week 1 day 6 of FLOWERING
Nutrients: Approx 1000 ppm. Cutting Edge + Compost Tea
Foliage Spray: Compost Tea
Room Temp: 82 Day 72 Night
Water Temp: 64-68F

NOTE: This journal was taken 6 days after the previous journal and slightly threw off my typical Monday journal entry, so expect another entry this Monday 4 days from this journal.

Journal: Week 1 Day 6 of Flowering and things are coming along nicely. In the next couple of days I should start getting a definite answer to which ones are boys and girls, at the moment most of the plants are still too ambiguous, especially with such a short veg time. Roots still bright and beautiful and the plants are filling in beautifully. 2 plants are currently bigger than the blue dreams with plant #1 quickly beginning to outpace the blue dream growing next to them but still a little behind.

Plant #1
20150807 155810
Plant #2
20150807 155816
Plant #3
20150807 155823
Plant #4
20150807 155840
Plant #5
20150807 155847
Plant #6
20150807 155853
Plant #7
20150807 155900
Plant #8

20150807 155908

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

Sweeet~! I am excited to see how these turn out man! I have some elephant stomper X polar bear Og im gonna pop soon! Great detail on your journal man! keep up the good work!

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Sweeet~! I am excited to see how these turn out man! I have some elephant stomper X polar bear Og im gonna pop soon! Great detail on your journal man! keep up the good work!

Definitely some winners in here. They are giving off a sweet citrus and floral smell to them. Crossing my fingers with flowering, and hoping for as many ladies as possible. Have the backup plants ready though.

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

Definitely some winners in here. They are giving off a sweet citrus and floral smell to them. Crossing my fingers with flowering, and hoping for as many ladies as possible. Have the backup plants ready though.

I would say you should get 50-50 ratio thats what I got with my white master kush x stardawg and lemon fizz x stardawg.. also from every one else that I have found that popped them they got about the same! but fingers crossed you might just hit the jackpot! I wonder if you will get any purple phenos out of them?? that elephant stomper should have some genes!

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

i was only able to keep one of these out of 10, the male to female ratio was pretty bad, with the males even looking like females made it even harder to sex before flipping.

Top Bottom