Greensand - Sprinkle, brew, or wait?

• Thread starter ShutUpDonny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShutUpDonny

ShutUpDonny

I was just given several pounds of greensand and am wondering if I can use it on a well-established plant. Since my baby is into flowering already I'm assuming it's too late to transplant, but I had a few alternative uses in mind which I'd love some critiques for.

- Sprinkle it on top of the current soil and hope that future waterings will help it penetrate.

- Put it in my tea brewer with all the other meals and such and let it bubble for a few days (given the texture of the sand I'm just not sure that it would break down enough to be even a little worthwhile).

- Say eff it and just wait to use it in my next grow.

cannabeans

cannabeans

greensand....

greensand takes a long time to breakdown and it is mostly used in outdoor crops for a longterm potassium source. if you are reusing your soil over and over, then i would add just a little every couple of runs. if you dont plan on reusing your soil, i think that it mosly worthless because like you had mentioned,"given the texture of the sand I'm just not sure that it would break down enough to be even a little worthwhile."

ShutUpDonny

ShutUpDonny

Aha - I forgot to add "none of the above." Well I don't see why I can't reuse my soil when I'm done with it, now that you mention it. I'll definitely look into that, seeing as how it would pretty much be a waste not to. Good call - thanks CB!

Latest posts

Top Bottom