Greetings Cultivators - My First Go at Grow

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Someone please tell me why people want their plants in a deficient condition for harvest?
It's been shown by lab testing that it has almost zero effect.
Please elaborate. I'm doing the best I can with a difficult process that has many roads and lots of conflicting information.

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

Update 7/29

Today marks day one of week 7 yay!

Everything is going as planned and hoped so far. Had a bit of leaf tip burn and some clawing that freaked me out a bit. Especially this time showing up on many fan leaves and a lot of sugar leaves too. They were so pristine! Anyhow, fairly normal as I am learning in the latter stages of flower. Yesterday and today, I am feeding for the last time and will finish out with plain water mixed with 1 Tbsp molasses per gal.

One of the plants, back right, has really started to yellow below the canopy and starting to spread to the top. I did get a jewelers loupe and am still practicing with it. Those things take a bit of getting used to! Anyhow, I did see a small number of cloudy AND amber trichomes on some of the fan leaves on one of the flowers, but from what I could tell, most are clear from what I have seen. Each plants flowers are noticeably different, in shape and growth pattern, as well as in color. One on the front left seems to have yellowish trichomes, the back right are similar but not as yellow, and the other two are frosty white. I've noticed they have similar almost diesel smell to them. Interesting to say the least.

After much consideration, for this last feeding I scratched in a top coat of 1/4 cup of fishbone meal in each of the 4 plants, then watered in with 2 Tsp Terp Tea Bloom, 1 Tsp Terp Tea Bloom Booster, and one Tbsp Terp Tea Microbe charge mixed in 1 gal of distilled water with cal/mag added. The fishbone meal will give a gradual P boost during the last two weeks in addition to the PK boost from the Terp Tea line. Hoping this last feeding will help the flowers fill in a bit, which I have been a bit disappointed in so far. Perhaps they will put on some weight in the last two weeks!

Anyway, planning on riding it out on the downhill from here on out. A special THANK YOU to all of you who have helped and been so supportive!

"What a long strange trip it's been." JG
An absolutely beautiful garden props brother!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I didn't want them to, they just did, and just on the one plant. The others have not started to yellow at all. I had asked about it on the forum and most said it was normal for late flowering. I thought it was a bit early and had given some slight doses of N in the week or two prior to when the yellowing started. I didn't want to give more N if I didn't have to and AquaMan had concurred with that, so that is what I did, just let it be what it is.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I didn't want them to, they just did, and just on the one plant. The others have not started to yellow at all. I had asked about it on the forum and most said it was normal for late flowering. I thought it was a bit early and had given some slight doses of N in the week or two prior to when the yellowing started. I didn't want to give more N if I didn't have to and AquaMan had concurred with that, so that is what I did, just let it be what it is.
Ok. Somebody somewhere in a thread posted that they were waiting for all the leaves to turn yellow so they could harvest. I may be getting two threads mixed up.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It is normal to see older fan leaves turn yellow and sometimes fall completely off the plant. Those should not bother you as it's the plant's way of shedding and renewing itself. However, you really do want to keep the plant looking as green as you can all the way through to harvest. It will begin to fade towards harvest time, but it should also look far from dead. New growth should still be lush green even as the plant growth slows down and your flowers mature.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

It is normal to see older fan leaves turn yellow and sometimes fall completely off the plant. Those should not bother you as it's the plant's way of shedding and renewing itself. However, you really do want to keep the plant looking as green as you can all the way through to harvest. It will begin to fade towards harvest time, but it should also look far from dead. New growth should still be lush green even as the plant growth slows down and your flowers mature.
Thanks for your input!

I get it for sure. None of the other 3 are doing this but from what I have learned, I don't think it wise to give any N at this point. I have just given them the last feeding of the grow and now just giving water and molasses to finish. Early when I first noticed this, I assumed it's a deficiency in N. But I did give extra N, I think after week 5, I'd have to look at my notes. And every feeding through this last 3 or 4 weeks have had a total of 5.5 in N.

I don't think it's looking dead at all. But the yellowing is slowly progressing upward. There is no new growth except at the flower sites. In the pictures I included today, you can see the plant in the back left. It still looks quite good despite the yellowing leaves below the canopy. In fact, if it keeps going the way it is, I think it will be the highest yield of the 4.

I guess it could be some form of lock out but since none of the others are doing the same thing, not sure that would be it.

My guess is it may be genetic related. These plants are all supposed to be GG#4 and yet they all look very different so it could be that. Who knows if they are really GG#4? 🤣

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks for your input!

I get it for sure. None of the other 3 are doing this but from what I have learned, I don't think it wise to give any N at this point. I have just given them the last feeding of the grow and now just giving water and molasses to finish. Early when I first noticed this, I assumed it's a deficiency in N. But I did give extra N, I think after week 5, I'd have to look at my notes. And every feeding through this last 3 or 4 weeks have had a total of 5.5 in N.

I don't think it's looking dead at all. But the yellowing is slowly progressing upward. There is no new growth except at the flower sites. In the pictures I included today, you can see the plant in the back left. It still looks quite good despite the yellowing leaves below the canopy. In fact, if it keeps going the way it is, I think it will be the highest yield of the 4.

I guess it could be some form of lock out but since none of the others are doing the same thing, not sure that would be it.

My guess is it may be genetic related. These plants are all supposed to be GG#4 and yet they all look very different so it could be that. Who knows if they are really GG#4? 🤣
I didn't see anything alarming in your pictures you posted earlier today. You look like you're getting close to the end of your grow. Even flower structures all look very similar from what I see. Without knowing the source of the seeds, I can't say they are gg#4 but I can say the genetics to me looks the same even if plant size and their looks vary some.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Without knowing the source of the seeds, I can't say they are gg#4 but I can say the genetics to me looks the same even if plant size and their looks vary some.
Got them from i49.net.

I think because of the light, it bleaches out a lot of the true color of the plants. If I can get a better way to photograph them, you would see a lot of differences. Of course, that IS to my untrained eye, they just look different to me. Different sizes (the one on the front right is up on a big thick book almost 6" thick to get it even with the other shorter one), different shades of green, etc. Even the flowers look different to me.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Got them from i49.net.

I think because of the light, it bleaches out a lot of the true color of the plants. If I can get a better way to photograph them, you would see a lot of differences. Of course, that IS to my untrained eye, they just look different to me. Different sizes (the one on the front right is up on a big thick book almost 6" thick to get it even with the other shorter one), different shades of green, etc. Even the flowers look different to me.
I would be happy with your grow if it were mine. You've done well. Take the time to cure it right and you'll appreciate it even more.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You’re killing it man foreal!! I do think you may have fed them to much tho but time will tell. You got bloom nutes and a booster and then the fish bone meal that stuff can be strong a little goes a long way. Don’t go too crazy thinking more is better. I can’t wait to see you finish this grow it’s the best feeling ever finally wrapping it up after months of hard work and dedication

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You’re killing it man foreal!! I do think you may have fed them to much tho but time will tell. You got bloom nutes and a booster and then the fish bone meal that stuff can be strong a little goes a long way. Don’t go too crazy thinking more is better. I can’t wait to see you finish this grow it’s the best feeling ever finally wrapping it up after months of hard work and dedication
It could be lighting but in some of the pictures, the leaves did look a dark green. I believe he also said he was going to stop feeding the N as he's approaching his final weeks. My thoughts were that I'd give it a thorough flushing with a product like Bush Doctor's Sledge Hammer at about 10 days out and then plain pH's water there-after until chop. However, any damage he's done with over-feeding is very minimal from what I see.

His plants look better than mine right now, but I ran into an acidic soil issue I had to correct before I flipped them to flower. I caught it right after transplanting by pH'ing the run-off water.

Plants are big and healthy now, but you can see in the old growth that they had a rough patch. It happens sometimes ...

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks Bro. I can tell you why I did what I did and it came off the Roots Organics feeding schedule.
Roots Organics Feeding Schedule

I had highlighted the Terp Tea stuff, but after studying this feeding schedule, I believe this is if you are using the whole Roots Organics line. If you look in that week 7 column, it calls for adding their Super Phos Bat Guano. I had thought the P numbers from the Terp Tea stuff was a bit light, so because I did not have that Super Phos stuff, I went ahead and used the fishbone meal, just 1/4 cup in each plant. I would add that the Terp Tea stuff is a very fine grind so it's very available almost immediately to the plants. This fishbone meal is a rather coarse grind and will break down slowly over the next couple of weeks. My thoughts were that this will not bombard them with high levels of P that it sounds like but release it slowly and not overload them.

You are right, time will tell, but I hope this will be fine.

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks for your input!

1139129D ADD0 43A9 BD73 3ED1A785EF65
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks GNick- That is the graph that I was looking for but could not find. Looks like I may have overloaded them on P. We'll see and if it hurts anything it will be a lesson learned!

Top Bottom