Greetings from a 30 year guerilla grower

• Thread starter vinniekaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vinniekaz

Greetings:

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Vinnie Kaz, and I have been growing, smoking, and researching cannabis for the past 30 years. I am an electrical engineer, author, gold prospector, salesman, and chinese-style martial arts nut; tai-chi, chi kung, xingi, these workouts are about to take over the world soon! I grew up 40 miles west of Chicago. Just after graduating high school, I traveled to Happy Camp, California, in Siskiyou county (northern Cali) in 1981 to dredge for gold on a gold claim located on the Klamath River.

After a full summer in California, I had a chance to make some local connections, and soon found myself in possession of multiple strains of very high quality, seedless marijuana, the likes of which I had never seen when living in the Chicago area. At this point in time, almost no one was growing indoors because metal halide grow lights were just coming on to the mass market at prices that people could afford. This was the ultimate party for me: 18 years old, pockets full of gold nuggets, alone in northern Cali, and high quality sinsemilla all around me. :cool0041: My personal gardens were cultivated on a ridge about 75 feet above my gold claim on the Klamath river. When the plants needed watering, the pumps on the gold dredge were used to pump water from the river up to the garden above. Needless to say, a whole bunch of that Cali sinsemilla found its way back to my hometown over the course of the next ten years or so.

Over the past 30 years, I have lived in Illinois, northern California, and about a dozen points in-between. I have always tried to move to areas that were "hotbeds" of marijuana cultivation. Because of this, many connections and friendships were established with a multitude of professional, outdoor cannabis growers. These relationships have allowed to me to observe, first hand, many of the most closely guarded trade secrets and old-school techniques, used by these professionals to triple their garden yields, increase garden security, repel cannabis-munching critters, and reduce the amount of back-breaking labor required to set up a clandestine garden.

My latest endeavor (8 years worth now!) has been to put all of these techniques and "trade secrets" into printed book form, entitled "Guerilla Growing Trade Secrets: which I am now in the midst of publishing. Also heavily involved in the push for decrim and medical marijuana in the state of Illinois.

Well, that is pretty much my life story..........been involved in the cannabis "industry" for years, just not in a high-profile way like some of the more well-known cultivation authors out there. I look forward to answering your growing questions in the outdoor growing forum, and chatting with all of you in the future, and hopefully learning some of YOUR most closely guarded cultivation trade secrets and tactics!

Best Wishes To All,

Vinnie Kaz

Rushoe

Rushoe

Orale share the secrets lol....Welcome bro lots of kool ppl here..

V

vinniekaz

my first halide

Hi everyone, and thanks for the replies:

Hey northone: remember the "Light Machine" company...advertised in high times back in the early 80's. Someone actually blew up their warehouse because they were giving such good deals on halides!

That is who I bought my first halide from in abt 1982. I started growing some of the South Indian and Burning Bush seeds that I obtained from northern Cali...absolute killer stuff, but low yields because i had little hydro experience at that time, so I mostly stuck to outdoors because of the HUGE yields.

I did use the halide to keep mother plants alive over the winter. Hydro system was lava rock and 1/2 inch hose drip system along with 20-20-20 chemical fertilizer, also from the Light Machine" company. I finally ended up growing the Purple Afghan #2 indoors...that stuff definitely reminded me of the Northern Lights that was soon to sold by Neville at the Seed Bank in the Netherlands.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome

I grew up outside chicago in glen ellen, moved around alot myself. I now live in indiana. Graduated HS in 1981, that gold prospecting sounds awesome. Look forward to seeing you around, take care

mal

TortureKill

TortureKill

Welcome, You've lived my dream life haha. Constant movement and always learning.. You seem to be a very progressive person. Being a guerilla gardener myself, Im very interested in your book when will it be on the market?

waayne

waayne

Welcome vinnie!
Wow talk about nostalgia......
I bought metal halides from the Light Machine company.
must have been in 81 :pimp:

P

plant-lover68

Looking forward to your book. You can never learn enough about growing cannabis. I am into metal detecting and it's a good hobby, but I am unable to do any gold prospecting due to physical limitations. Unless I find a nugget with my detector and I live too far south of the mountains in Ga for that. You ever do any sniping for gold? This guy and his daughter found a 2 oz nugget just sniping a streambed on the Gold Fever show. I want to make myself an underwater sniper outfit and use it to look for lost jewelry at the lake near my house. I have some plexiglass and aquarium cement, but I might just use screws to hold the plexiglass on the tube. Good luck with your book and happy hunting for gold.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Welcome to The Farm Vinnie! Glad to have another knowledgable man on board!

I've really been into that Gold Rush show on Discovery. Super interesting stuff. Not sure I'd like to do it for a living but its fun to watch what they find. I realize your methods were likely different than those that these guys in Alaska use.

Sorry to go off topic but I also like that show Moonshiners. Interesting process making Moonshine. Seems way more risky than growing herb.

T

treehugger

read the first paragraph, interesting, so i read the second, hmmm, third paragraph - pop! spidey sense! i smells a salesman!

Fourth paragraph reads like a late nite commercial, minus the english accent...

Can't wait to see how much the snake oil costs!

V

vinniekaz

hey treehugger

no snake oil buddy, just a book that I worked on for the past 8 or 9 years...cant talk enuff about it, and no I do not have an English accent...but I do have one of dose Cheekaaago accents...hi to all youse guys!

420alldaze

420alldaze

what up vinniekaz ,welcome, lookin forward to some of your trade secrets.lol 42o

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

Welcome to the farm! Looking forward to hearing and learning more about your experiences and tips in outdoor/guerilla growing!

Oldsam

Oldsam

Cool vin sounds like an interesting life story, man I love it, look forward to more.
Ever hear of the cannabis cowboy?
Look it up Adventures of the cannabis cowboy very cool story and life.
Written buy one of the pioneers of mmj supply in Cali.honey oil was his trademark item.

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

welcome to the farmm look foward to seeing some of your work :cool:

vaporedout

vaporedout

very cool sounding, would love to see some pics of past grows, always love a tree or two

liketosmoke

liketosmoke

Great resume vinniekaz and welcome to the farm, My first grow was in 76 on San Clemente island off the coast of ca, when i was in the navy, first ever on island kept all the sailors happy :)

MHillbillyMag

MHillbillyMag

Great post! Gotta love northern cail, look forward in hearing more from you.

P

plant-lover68

I forgot to mention that I am a Master of Run-Fu. The more you run, the fewer times you get knots on your head. Lol.

Lawd Have Mercy,​
Aunt Mamie and Uncle Versey,​
I don't want to start any controversy,​
And end up in a Hearse-Y.​

I had to put the y on the hearse to make it rhyme. So, what's up with the book?

Latest posts

Top Bottom