Greetings from a 30 year guerilla grower

• Thread starter vinniekaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Afghi420

Afghi420

my first halide

Hi everyone, and thanks for the replies:

Hey northone: remember the "Light Machine" company...advertised in high times back in the early 80's. Someone actually blew up their warehouse because they were giving such good deals on halides!

That is who I bought my first halide from in abt 1982. I started growing some of the South Indian and Burning Bush seeds that I obtained from northern Cali...absolute killer stuff, but low yields because i had little hydro experience at that time, so I mostly stuck to outdoors because of the HUGE yields.

I did use the halide to keep mother plants alive over the winter. Hydro system was lava rock and 1/2 inch hose drip system along with 20-20-20 chemical fertilizer, also from the Light Machine" company. I finally ended up growing the Purple Afghan #2 indoors...that stuff definitely reminded me of the Northern Lights that was soon to sold by Neville at the Seed Bank in the Netherlands.

Whats that purple afghan strain like anyways?? Im dying to find a true afghani like i had about 15 years ago. I don't know the true name of the strain i had, but it was a short plant, usually only yielding around an ounce. The plants smelled even when they were baby clones, only one smell, not a mix of smells, i just know that smell as afghi.. It was a skunky smell, but different and very very unique. A rolled joint tucked away in a drawer would smell half your house up the stuff was so strong smelling. As for the buzz, it was a strong 4 hour high atleast, and i mean after 2-3 hours you were still baked. You basically wanted to drool on the couch for a few hours. That is a strain im trying to find now, smell is super important to me, i would love to find that true afghi smell again. Thing is i have very recently tried purple kush, mango kush and og kush and yeah some of it was really strong smoke, especially the purple kush i had, but to be honest it didn't even compare to my old afghi. I want to find a strain that has that 4-5 hour high, not 2 hours and it's done. I live in eastern Canada and there seems to be a lot of different afghi crosses that have been floating around for years, but nothing compared to the real afghi i had back then, i call these crosses Halfi... Anyways, interested in how strong that purple afghan #2 is and if it is available if it is really strong.. It seriously drives me nuts trying all of these strains that sound like they should be great only to be dissapointed by the high, i need to find a very pungeant indica with a crazy body buzz.. Any suggestions? Im currently flowering 6 LA Confidentials that i hope will give me an ok stone.. oh one more thing about my old afghi strain.. The thing about the bud was it didn't really have any visable crystal on it to speak of, yet the buds were dripping with stickly resin.. Ive only seen one other Afghi that mentions the fact that the buds have not much crystal and that was an afghi from KC Brains.. I always see these afghi plants that have big sprakling buds, but that is not what my afghi looked like.. Ive been eyeing the Iranian Autoflower from Dr Greenthumb for this summers grow.. To be honest the old afghi i had looked a little bit liked the buds structure you see with the pictures of iranian autoflower from the greenthumb website.. thanks for any afghani info you might have.

Top Bottom