Greetings

• Thread starter grobean
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Hello fellow growers, I joined the site because of Growmau5. I'll be looking to learn about LED Growlighting from experienced users of the technology.
Have close to 30 years with HIDs and fleoros, but just got my first LEDs, two ChilLed 200 watt kits.
I could use some knowledge from your 30 years HID if you don’t mind good sir lol.

Reactions: Ina
G

grobean

I could use some knowledge from your 30 years HID if you don’t mind good sir lol.
Hello, Uncle Remus,
Hope I didn't come across as an expert, because cannabis growing is just a fun hobby. There are many who know far more than I ever will. But please feel free to ask me anything you would like to. I'll tell you if I know the answer or not.
I have been reading a lot of the LED threads in the last couple of days and am slowly learning.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Hello, Uncle Remus,
Hope I didn't come across as an expert, because cannabis growing is just a fun hobby. There are many who know far more than I ever will. But please feel free to ask me anything you would like to. I'll tell you if I know the answer or not.
I have been reading a lot of the LED threads in the last couple of days and am slowly learning.
Cool man. It’s not like it’s a completely different sport just cause you are using different lighting tech, right. Lol. Many of us still prefer the HID s, but if you are in a hot climate it just makes sense to use LEDs. The tech can be a bit to wrap your head around if you are old school, but can’t wait to see your results. Nothing trumps experience. Buddy s all like “man ph don’t matter I’m doing well! I don’t even check the temperature or humidity. Everything looks good.” And you are like “see ya in a few weeks when you are crying” lol.
Anyways if you see me doing something stupid, let me know.

G

grobean

Cool man. It’s not like it’s a completely different sport just cause you are using different lighting tech, right. Lol. Many of us still prefer the HID s, but if you are in a hot climate it just makes sense to use LEDs. The tech can be a bit to wrap your head around if you are old school, but can’t wait to see your results. Nothing trumps experience. Buddy s all like “man ph don’t matter I’m doing well! I don’t even check the temperature or humidity. Everything looks good.” And you are like “see ya in a few weeks when you are crying” lol.
Anyways if you see me doing something stupid, let me know.

Ok, I'll check around the site to see what you've been up to.
Last winter, I had a hard time keeping the flower room below 80, and in the summer, forget about it! So hopefully I won't have to shut down because of heat this summer.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Ok, I'll check around the site to see what you've been up to.
Last winter, I had a hard time keeping the flower room below 80, and in the summer, forget about it! So hopefully I won't have to shut down because of heat this summer.
I have no issues/partially heat my cabin with HID in the winter, but have plans for a cob or quantum board LED setup for the summer to avoid any a/c. :smoking:

Dan789

Dan789

Yes welcome, using a cob style led right now, nice light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom