Grim's Sweet Tooth+Organics+CFL Grow...come on in...

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrimloxK

Hey buds, this is my 2nd grow and i'm still trying to learn and gain experience.

Seed: Barney's Farm Sweet Tooth
Medium: Fox Farm Light warrior, Roots Organics Potting Soil
Amendments: Dolomite Lime, Azomite, Bioag VAM + Activator
Nutrients: Roots Organics - Grow, Bloom, Trinity, Hp2, HPK
Neptunes Harvest Seaweed Extract
Lighting: 4x 42 watt 6500k cfls, 4x 42 watt 2700k cfls w/ some ghetto soda can
reflectors
Dimensions: 18"x19"x3' (microgrow)

I'm already at almost the start of the 4th week so here's some pics thus far:

Grims sweet toothorganicscfl growcome on in
Grims sweet toothorganicscfl growcome on in 2
Grims sweet toothorganicscfl growcome on in 3
Grims sweet toothorganicscfl growcome on in 4
Grims sweet toothorganicscfl growcome on in 5
Grims sweet toothorganicscfl growcome on in 6
Grims sweet toothorganicscfl growcome on in 7
Grims sweet toothorganicscfl growcome on in 8
Grims sweet toothorganicscfl growcome on in 9
G

GrimloxK

Just wanted to add that in seedling stage I kept her under 1 42 watt 6500k cfl for 2 weeks and when veg started I used a y-splitter and added on another 6500k cfl. light schedule for these first 2 weeks were 24/0 but now since veg started I have her on 20/4.

I lst'd at first with some string but thanks the to homie Producer who introduced the thought of LST'ing with pipe cleaners i'm totally satisfied with this idea...I might even make a SCROG with the pipe cleaners...$4 for 100 and I barely used 1 already.

I have some BioAg ful-humix coming in the mail soon so I plan on using that in conjunction with the seaweed extract and try my hand at foliar feeding.

Since this is a micro grow i'm trying to keep her tied down to reduce height as much as I can.

temps stay between 72-81 right now...i'm satisfied.

I've noticed some rusting on some newer growth which i've been told could be nutes...funny since I haven't even added nutes yet except a dash of seaweed extract upon xplant into the 1 gallon container.

I started using tap water with a ph of 6.6...so hopefully this works better than my ill informed usage of purified water (bad...very bad).

A

AliasAO

Just wanted to add that in seedling stage I kept her under 1 42 watt 6500k cfl for 2 weeks and when veg started I used a y-splitter and added on another 6500k cfl. light schedule for these first 2 weeks were 24/0 but now since veg started I have her on 20/4.

I lst'd at first with some string but thanks the to homie Producer who introduced the thought of LST'ing with pipe cleaners i'm totally satisfied with this idea...I might even make a SCROG with the pipe cleaners...$4 for 100 and I barely used 1 already.

I have some BioAg ful-humix coming in the mail soon so I plan on using that in conjunction with the seaweed extract and try my hand at foliar feeding.

Since this is a micro grow i'm trying to keep her tied down to reduce height as much as I can.

temps stay between 72-81 right now...i'm satisfied.

I've noticed some rusting on some newer growth which i've been told could be nutes...funny since I haven't even added nutes yet except a dash of seaweed extract upon xplant into the 1 gallon container.

I started using tap water with a ph of 6.6...so hopefully this works better than my ill informed usage of purified water (bad...very bad).

Looking good Grim-- off to a solid start..

Look into ordering or buying a small boy or Big boy filter.. They are the shit and you get alot of bang for your buck.

Also if the Pipe cleaner ties end up being unreliable later on-- buy some tomato cages -- that will keep them shorter while providing support for the buds at the same time.

G

GrimloxK

I'm noticing some bad signs that I can't diagnose because each one counteracts the other.

I'll post pics later, hopefully someone can help me figure out wtf is going on.

G

GrimloxK

Overall she's doing pretty good but I'm noticing some problems that I can't diagnose right now...could be a magnesium, sulfur, or potassium problem...could be ph, could be nute burn from the soil being a little too hott. tough to call right now but i'm noticing a purpling of stems which leads me to believe that she's not getting enough nutes but the burns are telling me she has too much nutes possibly.

Could also be chlorine burn because i started using my local tap water...I left my water out for more than 24hours but you never know.

I plan on watering tomorrow with straight water maybe do a slight flush...if problems persist i'm gonna chalk it up as not enough ferts.

3rd and 4th pics are def light burn...found them touching my cfls after dark period today...in my quest to keep them low I forgot the dangers of being too close to the cfls.

Plant would have been around 9-10" tall right now but because I lst'd she's at 4".

IMG 6736
IMG 6738
IMG 6746
IMG 6747
IMG 6756
IMG 6758
IMG 6761
IMG 6762
G

GrimloxK

Just got this in the mail...hoping to use it as a foliar next week.

Gotta say my plant is looking on the down side right now...I don't think it was nute burn I was dealing with...instead it looks like it was a deficiency. Started noticing yellowing/pale leaves right now...not the best look but now that I know she wants some food she will be fed tomorrow. The old me would have fed her at first sight and messed it all up but i'll wait until the container dries out a bit until tomorrow and give her her first round of 1/2 strength nutes.

IMG 6851
G

GrimloxK

Just fed today with first round of nutes:

3ml of trinity
3ml of buddha grow
2ml of neptunes seaweed

the ph of my water was an issue...came out to around 4.8 which is low but after some advice from the organic section i'm on my way to pick up dyna-gro pro-tekt tomorrow which will help me ph up...some advice from GoD told me that the trinity really decreases ph like a mother.

I also added 2 more 42 watt cfls for a grand total of 168 watts.
Will post pics tomorrow!

G

GrimloxK

so with some advice I went ahead and bought an 8 oz container of Pro-tekt and I plan on using that with my nutes to settle this ph problem.

Not much more to add but that my plants is very droopy...could be from the soil or the watering...who knows...someone fill me in...

hopefully she picks up...thank god this is veg so any problems can be corrected.

I'm also going on the roots organics master program so I hope that proves to be better than the regular program

IMG 6852
IMG 6853
G

GrimloxK

So it's been a while since I updated...had to dig to find my own thread haha.

So alot of things have happened since I last posted. My plant wasn't looking too good....alot of yellowing, browning, rusting...you name it. I've made some changes and took some steps to help my plant recover and here are some pics of how their doing now.

I just wanted to add that I did 27 hours of darkness before starting flower not because I wanted to speed up flowering (even though I don't mind it lol) but to set my 12/12 schedule correctly. All I have to say is that I started 12/12 on monday and I was seeing pistils on tuesday. IMO this technique works really well....even for a cfl grow.

I'm already 3 days in 12/12 and probably gonna feed her tonight. I've been to trigger happy on the waterings so I'm really letting her dry out right now.

Also switching to 2700k bulbs soon after I see more pistils shoot up. Also got some GO CaMg by way of the organic sections vouching and gonna pick up some hygrozyme today to see if it has an affect on productivity. $30 a bottle is a bit steep but unlimited shelf-life, works well with organics and is organic itself makes me wanna see what its all about.

IMG 6948
IMG 6958
IMG 6959
IMG 6960
IMG 6969
IMG 6972
IMG 6973
IMG 6976
IMG 6993
IMG 6983
G

GrimloxK

I watered her last night after 6 days of no feeding...looks like I'll keep to this feeding schedule because I do notice that she gets droopy which could have been from watering too quickly (5 days)

right now my nute regimen for last night was:
2ml Buddha grow
2.5ml Buddha bloom
2ml hp2
1.5ml GO CaMg
3ml Trinity
and I went to my local hydro store to pick up some hygrozyme for use next week or the week after and they were giving out small ziplock bags of compost tea so I added 1/8th of a gallon of it...hopefully taking a chance on unknown tea won't have a bad effect.

I'm gonna start switching out my 6500k bulbs with 2700k, one at a time from today.

Bless.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Girls are looking absolutely gorgeous man! Definitely the way I wanna keep my girls.
Great job!
Peace.

G

GrimloxK

LST'd her once more...from base of soil to highest point is about just under a foot. I am anticipating a burst of growth now that she's in flower.

Not alot of progress where pistils are concerned...I got trigger happy once again and switched all my lights to 2700k bulbs.

Last foliar feeding was yesterday, just some seaweed, protekt, lime juice, fulvic acid.

I was looking to defoliate but I think I'll just monitor her progress and selectively pin down or remove leaves that shade bud sites. Next grow I hope to experiment with supercropping and lollipopping...to late for the ST to do that type of stuff now.

G

GrimloxK

So I'm starting to see pistils being a slight bit more pronounced.

After talking to some other farmers that use roots organics master schedule I think that by not having Amino Aide (5-0-0) and Big Swell (2-5-3) that my plant has needed the extra ferts...I actually think that my ST may be hungry for the nutes because i'm seeing some yellowing here and there.

Since I don't have any Soul Synthetic products, trying to keep this grow as organic as I can get I decided to supplement my nute regimen. I significantly up'd my dosages tonight:

10 ml buddha grow
10 ml buddha bloom
7 ml trinity (next time i'm gonna go light with it because it reduces my ph to 4.2 and I have to play catch-up with Dyna-Grow Pro-tekt)
1 ml GO CaMg
5 ml Hp2
2.5 ml HPK
~1ml of seaweed extract
4 cap fulls of Pro-Tekt could be around 2-3ml

I kinda over-did it slightly with the pro-tekt coming out with a ph of 6.8 so I added some trinity to bring it down to 6.4.

My run-off was 6.3.

I forgot to factor in the Dyna-Gro protekt numbers(0-0-3) and used a couple cap fulls of it to raise my ph. Hopefully it doesn't cause any adverse effects but because of the extra P I think I may want to reduce my trinity amounts because it plummets my ph and keep my HPK at 2.5 ml.

Hope to post some pics of improvement soon.

Bless.

G

GrimloxK

I haven't been doing an up to date job on this thread but i'll post as I have time and try and get some pics in here.

So right now it's about 3 1/2 weeks into 12/12...hairs are a sproutin

I had some trouble trying to get my nute solutions ph up so I contacted the roots organics guys and they said to buy an air stone and let it bubble for 24 hours.

Well....my 3.9 solution only got to 4.1 in 24 hours...not very impressive but I think the air stone I bought is faulty...probably gonna go buy the cylinder kind at my local grow shop soon and test that out.

The dude at roots organics said I should feed with a solution of about 5.5-5.6 so that's what i'll do for now...trying to curtail my pro-tekt usage...hopefully stopping by week 6-7 because by then my nute ratios will go down a bit so that should help ph uping my solution to be easier....If not they said that adding a small but of GH ph up would be alright...don't really know about that though....might get some EJ ph up if it comes to it.

Hopefully my microbial life will get my ph right.

Today I fed w/
15 ml grow
15 ml bloom
10 ml hp2
5 ml trinity
protekt
couple drops of seaweed

my run-off was a cool 6.3-6.4 hope to see the same next week because I fed with 5.7 nute solution so it should be a test to see if my microbes are working right.

Pics to come soon...she's looking good...got some leaves yellowing at the base so i'm not plucking them until they become withered so that my plant will draw as much nutrition from them as possible.

I still have to learn not to be so impatient...I get nute solution all over my floors because of being so earnest.

Plant has about 15-21 tops right now...still trying to LST the main stem into the open middle area...it's looking like an "S" right now.

Bless.

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

Hey man looks like you got that baby whipped back into shape i cant wait to see some of the flower pics its one hell of a veg job for cfls good job brother ill keep popping by and checking out the progress
PEACE
KILLERCHEF

G

GrimloxK

Thanxs killer.

Like I promised here are some updated pics, about 2 1/2 weeks into flower...

IMG 7013
IMG 7018
IMG 7023
IMG 7027
IMG 7028
IMG 7035
IMG 7036
IMG 7037
IMG 7038
M

mountaindank

Wow dude those look great! One of the better looking CFL grows I've seen for sure.

G

GrimloxK

thanxs md.

On another note you can see in the overhead view of my bush that there are some yellowing leaves...thats the area I want to pull my main stem to so that I can use the space efficiently and she can get light from all sides. You can see my main stem is the one that has the long yellow piece of pipe cleaner running through the middle.

You can def tell that my grow cab is very confined so each cola wants to get in over the other ones...I wish I could scrog but it's too much of a hassle in my small grow cab.

Top Bottom