Gritty's Coco Crossover....

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Yeah I hit a lb on some soil plants already in 15-18g. Hit 10-12 easy in 10g soil. I'm really thinkin with vert, a well watered 5-7g smart pot will hit a lb. As you mentioned, maybe in a prime spot in the room (3-4k around it)...i bet a nice 10g could drop close to 1.5-2lbs. The size compared to pot size is just phenomenal. Right now I'm very glad I didn't flower the affy haze in a coco pot or she would be engulfing half the room! lol.

true grit

true grit

So...busy doing transplants today and figured I'd stop for a minute to show progress on the C99 ladies I keep talkin bout....

these ladies were in 1g up until about a week and a half ago...or some time after i started the thread...either way only took a week or so in 2g to get size for flower. They really blew up when i started hittin with the AN....so on to 5g coco pots for flower this evening....the 3 coming up get their pots....

The Alien Kush and Chemdog #4 x c99 are mostly sexed so they will get uppotted too...i will post their pics later....

C99 p1 and p2 bout to hit flower....5g buckets is for size reference...

DSCN1561.JPG

J

JoeKing

Just stoppin in to check out your thread. I am a fellow coco grower, so I am looking forward to hopefully learn with you. Thanks for sharing.
Joe

true grit

true grit

gracias....trying to get automated, but need to build a mom room and dry room this week and get them sheetrocked and sealed.

For the moms think I'll do an 8x8 with 2- 3x6 tables with 6-8 moms each table. From there set up the recirc drip.....The test tent will be the 5x5 with a 4x4 drip table for veg and flower. That will leave only the patient/main bloom room to handwater the larger coco pots in vert. Gettin there.....

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Fellow coco grower, Excellent thread, Lots of good info. I bet you will love the results coco gives. Thanks for sharing.

Will share some of my experience with some things I have tested with coco.

When hand watering, I have used the same method you picked up from soil growers . Pre Soak, then feed. I find it helps prevent any burning when feeding higher ec/tds/ppm. have also used that method with top drip setup.

Noticed you mention coming from organics and now using coco. Looking forward to hear how you like the end result.

I started using organic nutes along with the synthetic nutes to try get the best of both worlds. Excellent yields, aromas and flavor. (rotating feedings organic, synthetic or vise versa)

Have used AN Mother Earth tea and have also used pure blend pro. I like the results from the pure blend pro the best. When I used the an met, I use it in combination with synth nutes. With pure blend pro I like to alternate feeds with it as my base, weeks 3 on in flower.

I may be trying out budswell (depends if it stinks bad, tried humboldt organics and the poop stink was too much for indoors), when I run out of pure blend pro. I like that pureblend pro give great result and does not stink.

Like to alternate feeds with organic and synthetic, using water in between then bump it up at peak flowering.

for example:
Water, next way feed with your synthetic nutes, day or two off, water, Organic nutes.

Have shared this with another coco grower and he is loving the results. he using canna cogre nutes with normal canna coco, rhizo, cannazyme, pk, boost and pbp and his meds are excellent. I don't know if it is the boost or the pbp. (since both were added at same time) But the quality and yield is a night and day difference from the previous grows of canna base, cannazyme, rhizo and pk boosters.

Anyways wanted to share the info.

Looking forward to more pics and results!

J

JoeKing

Great info guys. Soakin it up like a sponge. Most of what I am reading I have stumbled upon through trial and error, but it's nice to see that others are doing similar. I kind of like to treat my gals to a nice organicly brewed tea from time to time, and I have found that if they are looking less than bangin, a good Age OLd tea works great. Recipe can be found at the age old organics website. First time I used it, was like I put diamonds on their necks! I have some organic nutes left over from when I was feeding solely organic, so I more or less make my own recipes, like any good chef;) using house and garden a and b as my base. I defiantly need to start doing the presoak before feeding though. Keep on keepin on mang...lookin good.

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
gracias....trying to get automated, but need to build a mom room and dry room this week and get them sheetrocked and sealed.

For the moms think I'll do an 8x8 with 2- 3x6 tables with 6-8 moms each table. From there set up the recirc drip.....The test tent will be the 5x5 with a 4x4 drip table for veg and flower. That will leave only the patient/main bloom room to handwater the larger coco pots in vert. Gettin there.....

I just pop'd a woody TG.

true grit

true grit

Leadsled- great info bro!! Ive been curious about that AN MET....looks like a nice feed. Sounds like you got a hella regimen down bro! Not gonna worry about organics this grow just to see how the bud taste compares, have some of the same plants i did organic last run. So it should be fun to compare tastes and flushes....

Joeking- yeah bro i love me some age old....to be honest when i put the first few in coco i kept feeding them the organic age old soil mix, just dropped the ph, things looked to be fine, might be worth trying on a few plants!

Caliogk- lol. Hopefully i get to some construction this week. I think the dry room comes first though......hehe.

M

mcpuffin

Indeed, gonna be rocking the Bud Candy and Hammerhead for both of those issues.... and the flower girls are getting both right now at about 5-6ml/g.....

Went ahead and said fuck it last night.....transplanted all the C99's to 2g pots and hit the whole room with the new veg mix using the AN 3part....

So far I had been using the basic Canna A/B feeding schedule set forth a while back by the homie Zoolander (where you at bro?), where he was maxing at about 7ml/g each of A/B. I'm already at 5-6ml/g in veg and 7-8ml/g in flower and they all look to be way light.... with 7ml/g with calplex and roots excel the PPM is around 550-600.

Today went with the 1-1-1 on them AN 3pt....at like 1/2-1/3 of their suggested feeding and that put me at around 650ppm with Calplex and Roots Excel...hopefully they don't burn, and just catch up... the 2g pots made a hella difference in training....these girls will be beasts and will hit the bloom room as soon as the tahoes finish.....

I also picked up AN's Final Phase to start working in once a week as chelate flush for the babies and big girls....we'll see how that works out. lol.

Try using Canna A/B at it's recommended rate, 15mL/g. I use it that way from start to finish with no issues.

smokey79

smokey79

i moved to coco from soil but not near as experiancd, as gritty but you need rememba that coco has a natural hi K content-never used advanced but possably the ratios be more suited to soil-a dont knw i not started my coco gro but am goin canna all da way-my thinkin being thats how these things are designed so they all work together???-
i be watching this post as you be one step in front of me gritty man

true grit

true grit

McPuffin- thanks bro, i got above 8ml/g and things still weren't happy. At the same PPM AN is cleaning house and for less money. Hate to say- but Canna just didn't work for me. Seems everyone just still wants me to use that stuff!!! LOL. IMO for how much you use it is ever more overpriced than AN stuff. The long run will determine it though! Gotta try the SensiAB and Connie nutes too. Plan on the Connie being the mainstay for flower.

smokey- nice heads up. good luck broseph, there are more than plenty of folks running that canna ab with no problems and love it!! check all the canna suggestions in this thread! must be good stuff, i just like to experiment. Im one of those, I don't believe anyone til I try it, and so far thats led to find out way more shit than i would have just following suggestions! Get yo experiment on bro!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
McPuffin- thanks bro, i got above 8ml/g and things still weren't happy. At the same PPM AN is cleaning house and for less money. Hate to say- but Canna just didn't work for me. Seems everyone just still wants me to use that stuff!!! LOL. IMO for how much you use it is ever more overpriced than AN stuff. The long run will determine it though! Gotta try the SensiAB and Connie nutes too. Plan on the Connie being the mainstay for flower.

I been debating on getting some canna (for veg), but it costs as much as connie.

What I have found, If you do go with sensi a/b and/or conni. (I have used both)

For most strains, I like sensi a/b the first month then switch to connie. For example: a strain like pre98 bubba, then I would run conni from week1.

Some strains get to stretchy when running conni 1st 4 weeks. With some strains this is great because it bumps your yield, other strains it can be a bit too much.

Some strains get tall and lanky and stretch giving too much node spacing. (experienced this with some indica/sativa crosses)

I like to veg longer and grow larger plants with lower plant #'s.

So if you flip small plants, conni may not cause any problems but increased yield.

looks like you will determine that yourself and share with everyone.

Thanks for your contributions, Looking forward to your results.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Mother Earth Tea is stellar stuff. Works amazing a foliar as well, i used it in conjunction with Monkey Juice, which ironically is very close in make up to Canna Aqua, and now i use Pura Vida as Foliar instead of MET, lol. I honestly found the same thing to be true as you with the Canna Coco nutes, too light and lacking. However with the Aqua nutes, my plants have the look as if theyve been getting large amounts of Silica, which they actually do get from it, always perky upright, im using RO water and im growing out Pre98 Bubba with no signs of cal/mag deff., contrary to what ive seen people say about it. I have noticed with the Canna line my flowering is delayed just bit, maybe 5-7 days from using my standby Floranova though. Honestly though, any good ole 3 part will rock just as hard as canna in the right hands. Something I did and worked great, like leadsled said connie can cause some plants to really get there stretch on, It made my Chocolate Trip cuts grow to like 4 feet tall in 2 weeks, so what i did was spray the plants for the first two weeks with Rhizotonic when i used connie, this cuts the stretch down a good bit, and'll make your roots go bonkers.

true grit

true grit

What up dudes? Things are crankin along over here.... Ill get some more shots up in the next cuple of days.... updates though

in the words of ol weezie-'lemme up7grade u'....so went ahead and scooped the Connie nutes and Sens AB grow....Lead- yeah looking for some good stretch and uber yield with the vert lighting. So far the C99 ladies in coco are f'n huge. There are going to be 3 big bushes in the main spots and 2 on the corners. The 3 big girls are around 3ft around and 2.5ft tall or so and fillin in. Huge.

The plants that started flower in coco 2g are already on wk7 and I can honestly say with the coco they are stacking much better than they did in soil, with some serious yields from the diesel. I just cut feed in 1/2 this week and started adding MOAB. Up until this cut back I have been cranking along at about 7ml/g of 3pt with 7ml/g of hammerhead and bout 5ml/g of Bud Candy... and with this regimen i have been able to drop my Calplex to 5-6ml/g this round with no issues. Really diggin the AN shit.

The C99's will be getting Connie once I match up the ppms later.....as soon as a few more soil plants finish Manics Chem4xc99 (2) will go into the bloom room. Beasts and cranking.....also have a few alien kush to put in....

Oh and am trying to work the bloom plants watering by bottom feeding....well fillin the trays and watchin them wick up like crazy...seeing if i can turn some of the systems to flood tables...heard better yield via bottom feed...

off for now, catch u homies later.

S

Surfr

Nice update bro!! I am watching this very closely... I plant to switch over pretty soon here

J

jimmygreen

I have been following this as well. Thanks for the help as I will be switching fromsoil to coco next week.

S

Surfr

I got to thinking and I have a few clones and seedlings in soil ATM.. How do I go about transplanting them into coco? Rinse off the roots with water? Any help is appreciated gritty!

true grit

true grit

Yeah bro, i'll be doing the same today as well....dont even have to rinse the roots...i don't cuz i think thats just extra stress. Wait til the pots are dry, pull out root mass, gently work out the dirt as much, as gently as possible and set it in the coco. Make sure you get enough coco in there and water away... gonna swap some unhealthy soil moms today into coco- done with soil issues...lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom