Grodan Help!?

• Thread starter Kris kush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kris kush

Started my first grow using grodan blocks. I soaked the 6 inch cubes in 5.5 ph and then in a mild solution at 400 ppms using General Hydro.

My first mistake was I didn't anticipate the amount of water the cube holds and by transplanting my a ok plugs straight to a six inch cube they showed signs of over watering immediately. This followed by some yellowing. After 8 long days the clones finally were ready to have there second water. A solution of 1000 ppms of GH products.

I believe that my problem is from over watering cuase I have started to see new growth that looks healthy. But if any one has any advice I'm all ears. I have never had such un healthy looking plants!I attached a picture of a couple. The clones by the way are from the cookies line they are called snowman if anyone is familiar with this strain would love some info or pics of it.
Grodan help

O

OCGrower1

Hard to tell with that pic. I would give it a couple days, the plants get stressed out on transplant. Don't over water if your cube is still really moist. Make sure your roots don't get exposed to light.

Good Luck, Happy Growing!

G

grodanluver

you are on track actually, this is very common for first time grodan users.
you prepped the cubes correctly, althou you do not have to be at exactly 5.5,,5,6-5.7 are all ok
and depending on if you are taking cuttings or from seed -from seed low PPM for cuttings you can bump that up to say 700-800PPm--- you can sort of shake the cubes to get rid of some of the excess after soaking.
when the roots are 1/2 inch to 1 inch move them to the blocks. depending on many varaibles it can take up to 9 + days before the first feeding. it is better to go into a smaller block depending on your growing methods.. hope this helps

Top Bottom