Ground up grow build

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Got it! Had to holesaw the brass cap, damn thing wouldn’t budge. Ran the jetter hit 2 obstructions. Videoed the line, alls clear now:)
Having the tank drained and inspected next week!!
843B7CEA A448 4F97 A4A3 C532E9310463
BDCF28DD A54E 46F4 A479 2F3092770B0F
AD4B5A55 DB39 4A66 8E26 3D5663CC636A

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

dud if your in the country and have n noisey ass neighbors id burn that bitch off and start over,back then if you remember right we did body work on cars with lead and sure enough worked better than bondo,good thing of today is safty measures of top grade mask,the lead melts easy,them fumes a do you in though
you know what stike that last comment,you dont even need to be doing that shit,still that chance of methane too

Judaz

Judaz

Looking good so far. What type of lighting equipment will you use? What are the dimensions of room after installing all the insulation plywood etc. and what type of system will you go with hydro or soil?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Looking good so far. What type of lighting equipment will you use? What are the dimensions of room after installing all the insulation plywood etc. and what type of system will you go with hydro or soil?
Gavita 1000w DE, dimensions are 14x20 ID. I’m a dirt farmer so I’ll Cary on with my happy frog. Haven’t quit decided the size of the flower room yet and you got me checking my self on A/C installation.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Looking great and making me more jealous by the day. I wish I had the room to build a stand alone grow building, that would be a dream come true. Unfortunately it does not look like that is in the cards any time soon, but hopefully within the next year I can get a proper room built out.

Judaz

Judaz

Gavita 1000w DE, dimensions are 14x20 ID. I’m a dirt farmer so I’ll Cary on with my happy frog. Haven’t quit decided the size of the flower room yet and you got me checking my self on A/C installation.

Will veg be part of the room as well?

The most efficient layout for a room this size would be a 3x3 9 lighter. And still leave some space for you to work in. I have 3 tables 15ft long by 4 ft wide on wheels. 1 ft off each wall and 1/2 ft isle between them for better airflow. Can be pushed to create. 1.5 ft isle any side. Plants grow to be about 5ft tall on avg and can yield 130 to 165 grams per plant with a root system of a 6 inch Hugo block on top of a uni slab. 90 plants total. Lights mounted as high as possible and tables 1ft off the floor. Giving you a clearance of 36 inches above tops. Par right under 1000 micro mols on tops at full power. With a few wall fan mounts lightly hitting tops and the vflow air doing the main air circulation. And the rest of the items needed for a dialed in room. 5 ton AC split system. Industrial dehumidifier. Humidifier set with. Vpd controller, nest thermostat to control AC via WiFi. Gavita controller. Co2 burner or co2 tanks. Exhaust with charcoal on roof to help with humidity and clearing of gases in room with passive hepafilter on bottom.

A 3x3 or 4x4 or 5x5 type of Gavita 1000 de setup provides the most optimal cross lighting possible for best results.

Lights 2.5 ft off wall 5 ft apart from each other measures from center of bulbs. Wide angle beam from left to right of tables for better depth penetration of par inside canopy. 5 ton AC should do it and get you through the hot summers. 4 ton maybe only winter.

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Will veg be part of the room as well?

The most efficient layout for a room this size would be a 3x3 9 lighter. And still leave some space for you to work in. I have 3 tables 15ft long by 4 ft wide on wheels. 1 ft off each wall and 1/2 ft isle between them for better airflow. Can be pushed to create. 1.5 ft isle any side. Plants grow to be about 5ft tall on avg and can yield 130 to 165 grams per plant with a root system of a 6 inch Hugo block on top of a uni slab. 90 plants total. Lights mounted as high as possible and tables 1ft off the floor. Giving you a clearance of 36 inches above tops. Par right under 1000 micro mols on tops at full power. With a few wall fan mounts lightly hitting tops and the vflow air doing the main air circulation. And the rest of the items needed for a dialed in room. 5 ton AC split system. Industrial dehumidifier. Humidifier set with. Vpd controller, nest thermostat to control AC via WiFi. Gavita controller. Co2 burner or co2 tanks. Exhaust with charcoal on roof to help with humidity and clearing of gases in room with passive hepafilter on bottom.

A 3x3 or 4x4 or 5x5 type of Gavita 1000 de setup provides the most optimal cross lighting possible for best results.

Lights 2.5 ft off wall 5 ft apart from each other measures from center of bulbs. Wide angle beam from left to right of tables for better depth penetration of par inside canopy. 5 ton AC should do it and get you through the hot summers. 4 ton maybe only winter.
Yes, veg in here to. Flower room will be 14x10.
I’ve got 2 choices on my cooling options. I’ve got a 3 ton split system, Mitsubishi Mr.slim. Or a 4 ton carrier package unit that also has heat. But if I want to utilize the heat at any time I have to change it over to propane.

Judaz

Judaz

Yes, veg in here to. Flower room will be 14x10.
I’ve got 2 choices on my cooling options. I’ve got a 3 ton split system, Mitsubishi Mr.slim. Or a 4 ton carrier package unit that also has heat. But if I want to utilize the heat at any time I have to change it over to propane. All my rooms have a heating system and don’t fall under 68 degrees the first 7 weeks in dark cycle

If it gets cold up there the larger option with heat is always better just like a propane co2 burner used in sealed rooms you will need burp room a couple
Times a day for few minutes and exhaust at dark cycle to manage humidity and gases. All my rooms have a heating system and don’t go under 68 degrees on night cycle for first 7 weeks

Judaz

Judaz

On second thought now that I think about. It's a 4 light Gavita fixture to light that room at 1150 watts each. Given a 10x14 room you need canopy 1 ft off walls on all sides. you get a 8x12 canopy space. 900 micro mol in the interior area.
4 light 10x14 room

Screen Shot 2019 11 19 at 100654 PM

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
On second thought now that I think about. It's a 4 light Gavita fixture to light that room at 1150 watts each. Given a 10x14 room you need canopy 1 ft off walls on all sides. you get a 8x12 canopy space. 900 micro mol in the interior area.View attachment 912108
View attachment 912111
Brains been rattling on my A/C.
My thought= install 4 ton package unit on factory curb on the roof with supply and return centered in the flower room. Circulate through center wall into veg room.........thoughts?

Top Bottom