Grove bags vs Mason jars

• Thread starter Clyde4210
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E9noxis

E9noxis

Never tried the bags. I'm interested in the m because my cure needs help. I like the no burping attribute.

I trust jars. I just witnessed the difference between 32 ounce tinted jars, 4 ounce tinted jars and metal curing vaults.

32 ounce for the win. Buds stayed fluffy, got better smell and flavor.

The little jars did nothing good.

The metal containers produced dense buds with weak smells and throat burn smoke. But the high was good.

So, I'd like to try the bags

freezeland2

freezeland2

Humidity correct inside? Did you sweat them in paper bags? you still need to use a hygrometer inside incase there's extra sweat inside the nugs.
You can sweat them in the grove bag just like a paper bag. Likewise you can stick a wood moisture meter into the bud and when it reaches 10 - 12% seal the bag.

2Bad

2Bad

You can sweat them in the grove bag just like a paper bag. Likewise you can stick a wood moisture meter into the bud and when it reaches 10 - 12% seal the bag.
You're positive? I'm just confused because I've never used them but looked into them this weekend and on their store site and youtube videos they mention paper bagging/sweating before going in alot.

freezeland2

freezeland2

You're positive? I'm just confused because I've never used them but looked into them this weekend and on their store site and youtube videos they mention paper bagging/sweating before going in alot.
Yes and they also say on their website you can burp the grove bags. That’s the same thing just said a different way. They also recommend using a wood moisture meter, as I also recommend. I use their bags all the time. I quit using paper because it’s just a added step when you can do the same with their bags. Works fine, I do it that way all the time now.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I've been burping the bags along with the jars. Jars just happened to dry out faster and a 8 gram integra wasn't working so now I'm using 2, 8 gram integra's per jar. Seems to have helped tremendously but the bag I tested the smoke was damper and more grass and hay taste than the jars.

Far as the bags go everyone's going to be different from sweating, burping to using boveda packs in them even.

steamroller

steamroller

I am good with my 1 gallon pickle jars and mini hygrometers.
I don't burp my jars everyday or every week !
I burp them if the RH goes over 65%. The meter tells me.
Depending how much is in jar and condition they went in jar [all are unique] will determine if there is much activity in the first 3-4 weeks.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Far as the bags go everyone's going to be different from sweating, burping to using boveda packs in them even.
If you hang the buds and let them dry to 10 - 12% on a meter there is no need to burp the grove bags. Just seal them up with a heat seal and let them sit about 3 - 4 weeks before opening. I also use 1/4lb bags and only fill about half full. I never get a hay or cut grass smell in a grove bag. You probably didn’t dry long enough before attempting to use the bag.

2Bad

2Bad

I am good with my 1 gallon pickle jars and mini hygrometers.
I don't burp my jars everyday or every week !
I burp them if the RH goes over 65%. The meter tells me.
Depending how much is in jar and condition they went in jar [all are unique] will determine if there is much activity in the first 3-4 weeks.

How did you get rid of the pickle smell/taste from the jar. I eat tons of pickles lol.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

If you hang the buds and let them dry to 10 - 12% on a meter there is no need to burp the grove bags. Just seal them up with a heat seal and let them sit about 3 - 4 weeks before opening. I also use 1/4lb bags and only fill about half full. I never get a hay or cut grass smell in a grove bag. You probably didn’t dry long enough before attempting to use the bag.

+1 and similar experience to myself. I've been cutting open some of the bags I heat sealed back in May and these are perfect.

steamroller

steamroller

How did you get rid of the pickle smell/taste from the jar. I eat tons of pickles lol.
I bought them empty clean /new unused.
$10 each.
I cure the 4 of them in the same box they shipped so in the dark easy peasy.

Edit; try baking soda and water to scrub and rinse the vinegar away.
Second edit; I hear Pickles whatever are the next big cross ! 😲

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
My first grow but I’m going to be using mason jars with a hydrometer in each as well as a bodiva pack, and other half will be in grovebags (58-62%RH)

everyone has their own preference so I wanted to try both and see what each is like, half of each stain I’m growing will be split in half between the 2 for curing so I can compare plant by plant

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I love the ease of use with the grove bag. Set and forget as long as you do a proper dry. I’ve never had a problem and I don’t even heat seal them. I leave em for a month and then start tapping in. I then usually transfer to jars for smoking and then I reuse the bags. They get me thru that first month of not having to burp it’s great! I highly recommend!

Top Bottom