Grove Bags Yes? No? Why?

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I found the same model of moisture meter on Amazon for $10 less than Lowe's. Replacement pins were less than half than Lowe's, as well. I also found this review, which I liked.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Mine came with two pin sets. Long and short. I use the long ones for measuring my buds. You want to sink them deep in to the buds when measuring.
I just placed my order. It said it came with extra pins, but I didn't notice if they were different. I'll check...

Dothraki

Dothraki

I have low humidity here like you. Are you sure you didn’t get some bags that have a tear or something in them? What size bags are you using? I would recommend nothing smaller than a 1/4 lb bag for curing.
They don’t appear to. I’m using all 1 and 2 oz bags. I think the cooler idea mentioned might be the solution for the humidity issue though.

Dothraki

Dothraki

The Grove bags should not be completely filled ... like up to 75% full. It was posted earlier today. The bags should then be stored within the temp and humidity range specified by "Grove." It's one viable method to cure, but far from the only one.

As for O2 being needed for the cure process, I'm not sure. I don't think curing is considered an anaerobic process so that suggests a need for some O2 but beyond that, I'll defer to someone who knows more about the actual process we call "curing."
They were filled 75%. The aerobic bacteria needs oxygen to survive, but too much O2 and it oxidizes rapidly and the bud loses quality much quicker as far as I understand.

freezeland2

freezeland2

They don’t appear to. I’m using all 1 and 2 oz bags. I think the cooler idea mentioned might be the solution for the humidity issue though.
Try bigger bags next time if you have some. I have some of those smaller bags like you are using, but I only use those to give bud away once it’s cured.

Cbdfool

Cbdfool

They keep it between 50-60%. You can toss in a humidity pack if it stays lower and it will maintain for a long time. The cure is good.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Try bigger bags next time if you have some. I have some of those smaller bags like you are using, but I only use those to give bud away once it’s cured.

I feel like that's a huge part of his problems as well. Not that these smaller bags don't work but they are better used for personal stash or hand outs for friends.

Especially the "glass-less" 1oz bags. They have different zippers on them that are meant for high volume use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom