grow #1 dec 2023 - first indoor in 20 years

• Thread starter budjamesbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

i've been looking at the dry nute stuff. interesting
the masterblend has tons of different formluations!
do you use dry nutes?
how do you decide which formulation?

.... i think i might add NPK ratio to my data sheets to see how it changes
What you find when you look at the ingredients of any synthetic nutrient line is that they're repackaging the same commodity ag chemicals. Cannabis doesn't need anything special that every other plant doesn't need. No need to pay to ship water.

I run Jack's 3-2-1. Per gallon of water, it's 3.6 g of 5-12-26, 2.4 g of calcium nitrate, and 1.2 g of epsom salt. I bump the Part A up a little for the first half of flower. Masterblend (and many other manufacturers) makes a 5-11-26 that you could substitute. If you want to dive into the dry nutes rabbit hole, check out "Greengenes Garden" on YouTube, specifically his "Ultimate Nutrient Guide" video.

B

budjamesbud

What you find when you look at the ingredients of any synthetic nutrient line is that they're repackaging the same commodity ag chemicals. Cannabis doesn't need anything special that every other plant doesn't need. No need to pay to ship water.

I run Jack's 3-2-1. Per gallon of water, it's 3.6 g of 5-12-26, 2.4 g of calcium nitrate, and 1.2 g of epsom salt. I bump the Part A up a little for the first half of flower. Masterblend (and many other manufacturers) makes a 5-11-26 that you could substitute. If you want to dive into the dry nutes rabbit hole, check out "Greengenes Garden" on YouTube, specifically his "Ultimate Nutrient Guide" video.
i watched a few of the greengenes videos. very intersting stuff. i'm going to learn more about this for next round.
this video is great.

B

budjamesbud

made some progress.
setup tent; running it empty to gets readings to start dialing in temp humidity
hydrated the coco; just need to buffer it.
got seeds!
still wating on grow bags and ferts; should arrive sunday/monday; then i have everything.
going to germ seeds and prep some coco for the solo cups.

i cancelled my order of syringes, as i found some 3ml pipettes that should be perfect for clean measuring and getting into the bottom of fert conatiners.
i also found a seed mat and little humidifier for free; saving some money!

(approx TOTAL to date = $665CDN)

Tent
Inside tent1
Coco
Seeds
Pipettes 3ml
B

budjamesbud

found my old pH pen and it wasn't working prperly. couldn't find my EC meter
so found some on the cybernet

(approx TOTAL to date = $705CDN)

PH stuff
Wandering81

Wandering81

Same here man. I'm getting all my supplies together to start growing again after many years. Got Purple Cake and GG4 from Greenpoint Seeds. I'm ready to start from the bottom and learn about all these strains. Best of luck! 🫡🤙
I've ran 2 packs of greenpoints GG4 S1s before. One was a keeper and the spittin' image/smell/taste of the clone only GG4.

B

budjamesbud

Alrighty
So bought a few things here and there, but forgot to keep track.
Girls in about day 15 of flower
They vegged about 6 weeks approximately. The purple skunk kind of lagged behind so gave a little extra vegg.
Tied back a bunch, did some pinching/supercropping and topped once on PS and twice on NL.
Recently turned light to 75% from 50% at about 16” so about 625ish ppfd.
They are pretty bushy and very healthy!
Defoliated today.
Haven’t put up my trellis yet. I like being able to spin the plants and bring them out for pruning. So might not use it.
Been following the advanced nutez schedule.

IMG 7379
IMG 7416
IMG 7423
IMG 7422
IMG 7420
IMG 7421
IMG 7424
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
For the most part @chopper you are spot on, couldn't have said it as politely as you though 👍

But as for the light, I own one. I watched this grow here at the Farm:

I flower cannabis with HID's but this little Vipar light will surprise you. I've got mine over the wife's flower garden and only run it on 50%. If a fella's goal is a cheap grow then this will suffice, $97 US on their 420 sale. Pics in the link below if interested

jj
That light is a MONSTER, light distro and power blows away my other 150 watt light. I would take it over any metal halide anyday personally

B

budjamesbud

Ok I really fell behind on notes
I did buy some more ferts at about $145 and a trellis so total spent is around $850

I’m going to add a few more pix and some notes below.

Notable dates
Photoperiod

Germinated Dec 1
18/6 Dec 8
12/12 Jan 30

Light intensity / height

Dec 8 25% 18” approximately 250 ppfd
Dec 27 50% 16” approx 350 ppfd
Feb 7 75% 18” approx 600 ppfd

Transplant
Dec 30 solo to 1 gal
Jan 14 1 gal to 5 gal

Flush
Here and there when runoff was dark and high ppm

Water
50/50 tap distilled Jan 6
City water ppm about 140

pH
Usually between 5.8 and 6.1
I have added some pH down to the 50/50 water mix

Ppm
Dec 10 approx 300 ppm distilled
Dec 30 approx 500 ppm distilled
Jan 1 approx 800 50/50 water
Feb 6 approx 950 50/50 water

Defoliate
Jan 26
Feb 18

Total spent at approximately $850

IMG 7428
IMG 7429
IMG 7430
IMG 7431
IMG 7432
IMG 7434
IMG 7435
IMG 7438
IMG 7440
Choppr

Choppr

That light is a MONSTER, light distro and power blows away my other 150 watt light. I would take it over any metal halide anyday personally
@jadins_journey

Yeah, I wasn't shitting on the light fellas, I was replying to a comment comparing a 400 watt Halide to the XS15, In that context I'll say it again IMO a 400 watt Halide is Superior to any 150 watt board. Several people I know are running the XS Series and rave about them, I have another friend running 2 of them and he's bringing in excellent crops! I think All of the latest Vipar fixtures are impressive!

B

budjamesbud

@jadins_journey

Yeah, I wasn't shitting on the light fellas, I was replying to a comment comparing a 400 watt Halide to the XS15, In that context I'll say it again IMO a 400 watt Halide is Superior to any 150 watt board. Several people I know are running the XS Series and rave about them, I have another friend running 2 of them and he's bringing in excellent crops! I think All of the latest Vipar fixtures are impressive!
Hey no sweat bud
Your post made me pay more attention to ppm and pH. Bought some new meters and did a deep dive into these topics.
The “pH perfect” seems true to its name. No noticeable deficiencies.

Plus it helped frame my expectations more realistically.

That being said, so far plants are looking good

I appreciate your original comment

Choppr

Choppr

Hey no sweat bud
Your post made me pay more attention to ppm and pH. Bought some new meters and did a deep dive into these topics.
The “pH perfect” seems true to its name. No noticeable deficiencies.

Plus it helped frame my expectations more realistically.

That being said, so far plants are looking good

I appreciate your original comment
Yeah, I wasn't sweatin it Bud, were all family here, I could be better at clarifying my comments...? Im glad some of it made sense to you! All of us make a whole sometimes, and that's why were here... a very large consensus! I consider all points are valid, even a "wild ass" comment will cause us to think out of the box!! lol - keep growing my friend!

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
@jadins_journey

Yeah, I wasn't shitting on the light fellas, I was replying to a comment comparing a 400 watt Halide to the XS15, In that context I'll say it again IMO a 400 watt Halide is Superior to any 150 watt board. Several people I know are running the XS Series and rave about them, I have another friend running 2 of them and he's bringing in excellent crops! I think All of the latest Vipar fixtures are

No worries @Choppr ,
I replaced my xs15 with the 2023, no comparison. The metal halide at 400 watts is more powerful as far as raw power for sure.✌

B

budjamesbud

Almost at 4 weeks
Put in my screen/ trellis. Too small!
Ugh lol
Still good enough to fill the gaps.
Did a bit of defoliation on lower parts. Probably do a bit more once the gaps are filled and clean up below the screen.
Probably increase LED to 100% end of next week
The grape skunk has some nice purple showing already

IMG 7489
IMG 7497
IMG 7492
IMG 7494
B

budjamesbud

So at about 40 days of potential 65 since I flipped to 12/12
I feel like they’re a little behind, so I won’t change feeding to week 6 yet… I’ll wait until buds swell a bit more

Got another tent and light and started some new seeds

IMG 7581
IMG 7585
IMG 7583
IMG 7574
IMG 7579
Top Bottom