Grow #2 - Six Strains & A Freebee

• Thread starter Phylex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phylex

Phylex

Update: Day 28 and today day 29 from seed being dropped in water

Yesterday day 28 started LST; first two pics. I got a little heavy handed on the last one and snapped a top.

Today day 29 everything has already turned back up. They're looking nice and healthy. Last few pics

My little funky monkey minion is still doing weird things. Just doing what it wants to do picking daisies waiting for the short bus.

SeedDay281
SeedDay282
SeedDay291
SeedDay292
SeedDay293
SeedDay294
Phylex

Phylex

Currently I have a 4" inline fan drawing the air out of the upper chamber for negative pressure.

Today I ordered a 6" fan, two speed controllers, and a horti control shroom. My plan is to mount the 6" fan up top and attach it the exhaust ports on both chambers for draw. I'll take the current 4" fan and attach it the air intake ports on both chambers for push. Slap a horti control filter on the intake, put one clip fan in each chamber and call it good. That should be plenty of air flow and the speed controls will assist in getting it all dialed in.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Update: Day 28 and today day 29 from seed being dropped in water

Yesterday day 28 started LST; first two pics. I got a little heavy handed on the last one and snapped a top.

Today day 29 everything has already turned back up. They're looking nice and healthy. Last few pics

My little funky monkey minion is still doing weird things. Just doing what it wants to do picking daisies waiting for the short bus.

I like the one you decapitated, now it's got character.

I see what you mean about the internode spacing but they're gonna have a lot more flower sites for it. Just a little tougher to clean up in the beginning but you should get paid for it in yield. They do kina remind me of a monster-crop.

Phylex

Phylex

I like the one you decapitated, now it's got character.

I see what you mean about the internode spacing but they're gonna have a lot more flower sites for it. Just a little tougher to clean up in the beginning but you should get paid for it in yield. They do kina remind me of a monster-crop.
If you talking about the last pic, that's not the one that I broke. That last one is all natural to date. I've yet to do anything to that one yet. That's my baby minion that was slow and well behind the others. That's the one that didn't break ground and I dug it up after almost two weeks in the dirt. I eventually sliced the first to leaves open because they were stuck together for a few days. Now it's just growing funky on its own.

I think the one I broke is in the second to last picture, closest to the lens. But yeah, they're growing like heads of lettuce.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

If you talking about the last pic, that's not the one that I broke. That last one is all natural to date. I've yet to do anything to that one yet. That's my baby minion that was slow and well behind the others. That's the one that didn't break ground and I dug it up after almost two weeks in the dirt. I eventually sliced the first to leaves open because they were stuck together for a few days. Now it's just growing funky on its own.

I think the one I broke is in the second to last picture, closest to the lens. But yeah, they're growing like heads of lettuce.

This year before I thinned them out...
Upload 2018 10 6 21 29 33
Upload 2018 10 6 21 30 50

Phylex

Phylex

Update: Day 31

Another round of topping and FIM'ing today. I adjusted the previously placed anchors for some adjusted LST compensating for the new growth. On one of the plants I thought I was seeing the first sign of some issues. After further inspection I realized it was the top I had previously snapped. The leaves were showing signs of hardship. While the new growth was still looking good, I decided to cut my losses early rather then watch a slow progression of deterioration. So off it came.

My little minion received it's first cuttings. I had to cut off some of the lowers. They literally started growing at soil level. It's still just chugging along at it's own pace.

SeedDay311
SeedDay312
SeedDay313
SeedDay314
SeedDay315
Phylex

Phylex

I typically wait 5-7 days between training sessions. I should have checked my journal because after posting this I see my last training was only 3 days ago. I hastily guessed it was 5-6.

I'm not to concerned though at this point. I won't be topping or FIM'ing these anymore. Since they're going into the flower tent in about three weeks, I'll let them recover and leave them alone.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Update: Day 31

Another round of topping and FIM'ing today. I adjusted the previously placed anchors for some adjusted LST compensating for the new growth. On one of the plants I thought I was seeing the first sign of some issues. After further inspection I realized it was the top I had previously snapped. The leaves were showing signs of hardship. While the new growth was still looking good, I decided to cut my losses early rather then watch a slow progression of deterioration. So off it came.

My little minion received it's first cuttings. I had to cut off some of the lowers. They literally started growing at soil level. It's still just chugging along at it's own pace.

Minion is my favorite.

Phylex

Phylex

Alright @Buzzer777 - My free sample of Mega Crop arrived last night. They'll get fed tomorrow with it. Let's see how this stuff performs. Thank you for the recommendation.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Alright @Buzzer777 - My free sample of Mega Crop arrived last night. They'll get fed tomorrow with it. Let's see how this stuff performs. Thank you for the recommendation.
Good deal....Just start lite as usual..I still have 22lbs of the original formula and haven't gotten into the megacrop2 sample at all ..The new stuff is SUPPOSED to eliminate the need for Calcium and PK boost which I use/need with the original formula. I will be using my new 700gram sample on the upcoming 3 plant outdoor grow this spring..I used it last year on these 3 "babies" LOL

10 1 18 1
9 27 18 1   Copy

Phylex

Phylex

Update: Day 39

So far they've had two sessions of topping and only some LST. A few are/were starting to show some signs of a possible deficiency. I thinking they may be asking for a little cal/mag. I fed them two days ago with Mega Crop 75%, Cal/Mag 80%, and Honey Chome 100% of the recommended dosages. BlackJack #2 a.k.a my little minion is starting to get into it's groove. It's the only one of the bunch that hasn't received any sort of training or topping. Yet it didn't want to feel left out and decided to start growing two tops on its own.

On a side note; I replaced the 4" inline fan with a 6" for the exhaust ports. Since the 4" was now extra, I mounted it to the intake ports for shits and giggles. All I have to say is, sweet baby Jesus the room is loud now. I feel like hearing protection might need to be requirement for anyone who's home. lol.

SeedDay391
SeedDay392
SeedDay393
SeedDay394
SeedDay395
SeedDay396
SeedDay397
SeedDay398
SeedDay399
SeedDay3910
Phylex

Phylex

Update: Day 41

It was a big stress induced day for the bunch yesterday. I up-potted them into their final 3 gallon pots. I wanted them to get comfortable in their new digs. I'm guessing they'll go into the flower tent in 2-3 weeks. I'm thinking in that time, the current flowers will be harvested. I also want to rearrange my tent layout a bit and sanitize everything. It will depend on their size and stature though as well.

In addition to the up-potting, they needed to get tied back down into their new pots. I treated the new soil with Azaguard to kill any bugs or eggs. (I do this whenever new soil is added into the mix.) Their soil mix is 60% FFOF, 30% Coco, 10% Perlite. Mykos was added around the root ball.

Minion received its first intervention and was tied down with the others.

I did some minor defoliating and removed any leaves touching or growing down toward the soil.

SeedDay401
SeedDay402
SeedDay403
SeedDay404
SeedDay405
SeedDay406
SeedDay407
SeedDay408
SeedDay409
Phylex

Phylex

Update: Day 47

I plan to take a few clones from each of them sometime in the next few days. It will most likely be Tuesday when I'll have more time for the process. I'll need to refresh my memory on the entire process since everything is new to me. That includes using the rapid rooter plugs and the incubator tray. It will be my first "real" attempt at cloning. The plants should then be going into the flower tent in the next 10-14 days.

SeedDay471
SeedDay472
SeedDay473
SeedDay474
SeedDay475
SeedDay476
Phylex

Phylex

When it's time to move them into the flower tent I'll move this grow diary into a newly created perpetual thread. I have some new seeds and genetics getting started in the lower chamber. I'll announce those and begin posting updates on them once the new thread begins. Good things to come, and as always, happy growing.

Cheers

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Update: Day 47

I plan to take a few clones from each of them sometime in the next few days. It will most likely be Tuesday when I'll have more time for the process. I'll need to refresh my memory on the entire process since everything is new to me. That includes using the rapid rooter plugs and the incubator tray. It will be my first "real" attempt at cloning. The plants should then be going into the flower tent in the next 10-14 days.

Lookin really good.

Top Bottom