Grow advise in Ontario

• Thread starter Briand1234
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Briand1234

Briand1234

I useally start them under a 200 watt full spectrum light in my closet around end of may than once ready to be placed outside I get them in pots or in ground right away.

Briand1234

Briand1234

Is that so you could have bud sooner in the summer? I am assuming we are still talking Auto-Flowers. Transplanting always interrupts the growth and you would lose two weeks of growth out of your short growing period. I took a clone off my only Auto and it finished at 8” high the same time as the mother plant.
Because of our “early” fall rains in S. Oregon many growers have gone to greenhouses or “light deprivation”, despite being so close to the Emerald Triangle. Most years we are able to finish most strains but I have had 14-15 foot plants that never finished.
At dispensaries here we can buy clones year around for $20 and 18” “teen clones” in May and June for $40.
Here where I'm at I can get clones for 5$.

frebo

frebo

@frebo you said you veg in dwc then put outside?

Do you mean you plant them in soil flower outside or do you mean dwc just outside?
Yes. I bought clones as early as February as kept them inside next to a big window and LED’s above 24 hours, plant them in the garden soil May 1 with a big yard light until July 1. Now a couple are 10’ x 8’.
DCFE7F16 A705 4328 9419 4EFC7A3B9C81

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I'm doing multiple tech soil dwc and I got couple autos and couple in organic soil

Briand1234

Briand1234

Yes. I bought clones as early as February as kept them inside next to a big window and LED’s above 24 hours, plant them in the garden soil May 1 with a big yard light until July 1. Now a couple are 10’ x 8’. What kind of cage do you have around it cause I'm new and just used tomato cages and my plants are so fat at bottom and I wont be able to take them out when I harvest as I'm going to have to cut some branches off afterwards View attachment 1004301

Briand1234

Briand1234

Yes. I bought clones as early as February as kept them inside next to a big window and LED’s above 24 hours, plant them in the garden soil May 1 with a big yard light until July 1. Now a couple are 10’ x 8’. View attachment 1004301
If I ever go to someone'garden like yours I'd be lost of words and be in 😍 one day I'd love to be as good of a grower as you.....

airedog

airedog

Supporter
I didbt think you could go from dwc to soil

Why not? Just make sure you have a nice porous mix that's been well wetted when you transplant. Much easier than going the other way (think cuts, rooted in peat pellets).

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
That's interesting I got one in a tent I need to move somewhere it's just went into flower and is about 6 inches from my cooltube and can't finish in the tent now maybe if I super crop it

frebo

frebo

If I ever go to someone'garden like yours I'd be lost of words and be in 😍 one day I'd love to be as good of a grower as you.....
Thank you for the kind words but I still learn a lot from the great people on THCFarmer. I first put a seed in the ground in 1968 and have been learning the hard way ever since. Two years ago we had 4 plants that each yielded 6 lbs. a plant of Purple Hindu Kush(also known as Jeager). With all the dispensaries the black market has disappeared unless you find a buyer from another state, so we are just growing for family and friends now.
I posted a current photo on “Fox Farm with Frebo” with my buddies next to my big ones today.

Briand1234

Briand1234

Thank you for the kind words but I still learn a lot from the great people on THCFarmer. I first put a seed in the ground in 1968 and have been learning the hard way ever since. Two years ago we had 4 plants that each yielded 6 lbs. a plant of Purple Hindu Kush(also known as Jeager). With all the dispensaries the black market has disappeared unless you find a buyer from another state, so we are just growing for family and friends now.
I posted a current photo on “Fox Farm with Frebo” with my buddies next to my big ones today.
[/QUOTE
I wish I can get 6pbs off plant I'd be lucky to get a lb if I'm lucky. But I guess that's under stable as I've just been growing for 2years.

Briand1234

Briand1234

Why I'm going to try SLH Feminized next year as I heard it yields up to 1000gs outside with minimal attention and messing around with it. But as I've right now I find to be comfortable with topping that's it as I look up things but too scared to snap a stock from main line or super crop. Wish they had a learning course for this stuff at local despensarys lol I also tried lst but when I seem to tie things down I seem to over think things and think it's not right and than take them off. But as this form seems to have really good people I may post next year of how I lst it and see if I'm doing it right or not.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
They all look really good, are you up in Canada?

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Do you top them at all or? As I want as much as I can get off as possible as I'm in ontario and can legally grow 4 plants but I grow triple that cause what's 4 plants going to do lol

FIMed a few times. I'm an Eastern Ontario, grandfathered MMAR personal use medical grower; the pictures i posted were Dr. Greenthumb strains.

Briand1234

Briand1234

FIMed a few times. I'm an Eastern Ontario, grandfathered MMAR personal use medical grower; the pictures i posted were Dr. Greenthumb strains.

Where do you get those genetic seeds from? I've found canuk seeds to be doing good as of right now. And ahh I havent figured out where exactly to fim yet cause I dont want to mess it up last year I accidently did it ig cause it grew 4 tops was really surprised.

Briand1234

Briand1234

My buddies told me the website he gets them from he said from truenorthseedbank they have lots of different kind of seeds from bunch of different breeders such as DNA genetics canuk seeds sweet seeds etc

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Where do you get those genetic seeds from? I've found canuk seeds to be doing good as of right now. And ahh I havent figured out where exactly to fim yet cause I dont want to mess it up last year I accidently did it ig cause it grew 4 tops was really surprised.

IMG 20200724 184204474 2
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Yea, I just spent another $300 on some other genetics, it's in route. I've got probably 25 quality strains now, and growing.

The auto mazar's I think are going to help my breeding significantly, I got 4 different kinds, Purple haze, GG#4, White Widow and Miss Early, all in route, all autostrains originating from the EU

Latest posts

Top Bottom