Grow Central Automation Controllers plug and play question

• Thread starter CertifiedRefugee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CertifiedRefugee

CertifiedRefugee

Does anyone have an idea on how to cool down a 10'x10'x 8'grow tent with 3000 watts of light without a Mini split?
I was thinking a lot more and bigger exhaust, intake inline fans to compensate for the heat since the tent has multiple ducting ports sizes ranging 4"all the way to10"

gristle

gristle

What lights are you running? How cool can you get the room the tent is in? Can you exhaust outside of the room? You could drop your heat significantly with your line of thinking if you pull out all the tricks. 3k watts @ 8' ceilings will probably still need some type of extra cooling although. If efficiency is no concern I won't say it can't be done but would need more details on the space.
Not the route I would go but is spot cooler an option?

CertifiedRefugee

CertifiedRefugee

What lights are you running? How cool can you get the room the tent is in? Can you exhaust outside of the room? You could drop your heat significantly with your line of thinking if you pull out all the tricks. 3k watts @ 8' ceilings will probably still need some type of extra cooling although. If efficiency is no concern I won't say it can't be done but would need more details o

What lights are you running? How cool can you get the room the tent is in? Can you exhaust outside of the room? You could drop your heat significantly with your line of thinking if you pull out all the tricks. 3k watts @ 8' ceilings will probably still need some type of extra cooling although. If efficiency is no concern I won't say it can't be done but would need more details on the space.
Not the route I would go but is spot cooler an option?
The 1st time i attempted it was in a 4'x8'x6'7" tent with 8" inline fan with speed control and 8"phat filter,2 1000watt adjust-a-wing DE reflectors they sent the super spreader with it but it was the wrong model so didn't get to utilize it, I also had a window ac unit highs temps low 90's at most, average temps mid 80s that's with both doors open on the tent flowing between6:00pm-6:00am had no intake because like i said both doors stayed open doing flowing stage

Last edited:
CertifiedRefugee

CertifiedRefugee

My plans this time to run 2 1000watt DE hellion with super spreaders footprint for the reflectors or 5'x7' so the 10'x10' tent should give me a room to work and also house the filter, inline fans humidify, dehumidifier etc etc without being overcrowded. As you can see my biggest concern is the heat that it will accumulate.

Last edited:
gristle

gristle

Were you exhausting the hot air out of the room? Do you have central air and window unit? You could try vented hps hoods, nanolux has a vented DE. Intake and exhaust(vented lights) outside of room. And keep ballasts outside room. Maybe the window unit could keep up then.
I always tell myself not to overcrowd, I might listen one day.

CertifiedRefugee

CertifiedRefugee

Were you exhausting the hot air out of the room? Do you have central air and window unit? You could try vented hps hoods, nanolux has a vented DE. Intake and exhaust(vented lights) outside of room. And keep ballasts outside room. Maybe the window unit could keep up then.
I always tell myself not to overcrowd, I might listen one day.
yes i exhaust the hot air out of the room fan ran 24-7 i had 8"air cooled hoods be4 i got the DE i put them back in the box they work but the glass restricted so much of the light it made my buds small the DE 's worked perfect the problem is with the heat

CertifiedRefugee

CertifiedRefugee

I'm guessing maybe two 10' inline fans for exhaust and two 6' inline fans for intake may do the trick its jus a theory. tent is not 10x10x8 its 10x10x7 so that's 700sf

gristle

gristle

Yep, that's the struggle. It's dead ass summer here too. Can you step up your window unit? Why don't you want to go with a minisplit to control your lung room? Maybe test run your idea with the fans and tweak it til you find the best configuration and go from there. How big is your lung room?
If you had to run it open anyways maybe ditch the tent and kit out the room.
10x10x7+2kW=hot af

CertifiedRefugee

CertifiedRefugee

Yep, that's the struggle. It's dead ass summer here too. Can you step up your window unit? Why don't you want to go with a minisplit to control your lung room? Maybe test run your idea with the fans and tweak it til you find the best configuration and go from there. How big is your lung room?
If you had to run it open anyways maybe ditch the tent and kit out the room.
10x10x7+2kW=hot af
1st i rent. I don't want to f*** the house up i definitely don't want to leave breadcrumbs of my extracurricular activities My plan was to get a diy Mini split install it myself and pay a electrician to wire it up but Iam not going to uninstall it and take it with me Iam trying to do the minimum damage as possible to the property that's why in my previous post i was asking about the grow controller the plug and play. that's also why using a tent is a better option for me because i can pack it up and take it with me along with everything else that i have purchased.

Top Bottom