Grow Diary #2 (incredible Bulks, Delicious Candy, Wos Pakistani, Mystery Bag Seeds)

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

which tells me the new meter is dead on

but if you have been running lucas @ full strength it should be around 2.0ec
I know the Koolbloom Lucas formula is 2.0 ec
and wheather you run FNB or 3 part or Koolbloom
they are all the same ratio and ppm
I ran 7.5/10/2.5. Nothing else... I'm gonna check my flower solution now...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Wow I just checked my ppm in NEW RO water... 50 ppm.. I think it's dead on now.. wow that means I have been feeding the shot out of them.. I can't Believe I Haven't had Any nute burn. 2 ec to girls 3 weeks old... maybe 4 seems really high...

Wisher619

Wisher619

it isnt as high as you think

you see.....differ nutrient companys need the ec to reach a certain level in order to reach proper ratios of Micro and Macro

so say Canna is good at 1.0-1.4
botanicare is good between 1.4-2.0
gh is good between 1.5-2.5

it varies....that is why more experienced growers will tell you to read your plants

lucas and head have been used by many a grower......full strength......with great success.....in many differ setups

so dont harp on it.....what works......works

Last edited:
Wisher619

Wisher619

if you would like.....I can make a gallon batch of lucas and show you the readings just to ease your mind that it should be around 2.0 ec

lucas is generally used from seedling to harvest
just like Jacks Hydro 3/2/1 recipe
and others....start to finish
my seedlings are running 1.4 ec under a
T-12 old school shop light

the more intense the light.....the more nutrients are needed to build plant cells

that is why some growers are running 2.5 peak flower
with DE gavitas

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

if you would like.....I can make a gallon batch of lucas and show you the readings just to ease your mind that it should be around 2.0 ec

lucas is generally used from seedling to harvest
just like Jacks Hydro 3/2/1 recipe
and others....start to finish
my seedlings are running 1.4 ec under a
T-12 old school shop light

the more intense the light.....the more nutrients are needed to build plant cells

that is why some growers are running 2.5 peak flower
with DE gavitas
No I just needed enough variables to add up to know.. My ppm being 50 in new RO made me a beleiver... I'm just so surprised that my meter was so far off.. This new meter is the shit.. I just needed to learn to trust it...
With that said my pH was 6.5 and my ec is 2.1... So I slowly changed pH in veg system to 6.1 AND I dropped my res to 1.8 EC.. then I circulated my control bucket and res a couple times...

Wisher619

Wisher619

No I just needed enough variables to add up to know.. My ppm being 50 in new RO made me a beleiver... I'm just so surprised that my meter was so far off.. This new meter is the shit.. I just needed to learn to trust it...
With that said my pH was 6.5 and my ec is 2.1... So I slowly changed pH in veg system to 6.1 AND I dropped my res to 1.8 EC.. then I circulated my control bucket and res a couple times...
that sounds really good
yeah I calibrate about once a month
but I have been running the same deal for a while so I really only check my ph because that is super inportant
especially in hydro

Wisher619

Wisher619

always a easy way to tell what is going on
tip burn= nutes to strong
deficiencies= ph off balance (usually)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I didn't really see nute burn last grow until end of flower... But I let the bucket get low a few times. Heard it made the plant think low water conditions and fall... ppm raised to about 1000 ppm a couple times... but I haven't seen nothing on the photos...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I didn't really see nute burn last grow until end of flower... But I let the bucket get low a few times. Heard it made the plant think low water conditions and fall... ppm raised to about 1000 ppm a couple times... but I haven't seen nothing on the photos...
Plus they were autos.. even tho they surprised me..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

that sounds really good
yeah I calibrate about once a month
but I have been running the same deal for a while so I really only check my ph because that is super inportant
especially in hydro
So calibrate it once a month... So I'm new to using a meter with a probe. I read a Lil on caring for the probe. When I received it new the problem had a cap on it with a solution in it. Soaking the probe end. So after I used it, I dipped it in white vinegar, then wiped it off, and sat it in Ro water... Where I guess I'm supposed to leave it when not using it... Sound right?

And one other question. What is the difference in my probe and a probe that you can leave in the res at all times? And if there is a difference, can I replace with a probe that can? I'm sry. . I a Lil dumb on this subject matter...

Wisher619

Wisher619

So calibrate it once a month... So I'm new to using a meter with a probe. I read a Lil on caring for the probe. When I received it new the problem had a cap on it with a solution in it. Soaking the probe end. So after I used it, I dipped it in white vinegar, then wiped it off, and sat it in Ro water... Where I guess I'm supposed to leave it when not using it... Sound right?

And one other question. What is the difference in my probe and a probe that you can leave in the res at all times? And if there is a difference, can I replace with a probe that can? I'm sry. . I a Lil dumb on this subject matter...
one of the problems
NEVER....leave the probe in ro

when done......rinse under tap (not Vinegar) for both ph and ec meter
and store in storage solution
for ph meter store with ph solution in cap

as for the difference between probes.....I am not really sure
I would think.....probably the build and quality of parts

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Mw 802 meter with
one of the problems
NEVER....leave the probe in ro

when done......rinse under tap (not Vinegar) for both ph and ec meter
and store in storage solution
for ph meter store with ph solution in cap

as for the difference between probes.....I am not really sure
I would think.....probably the build and quality of parts
Well I wonder if I can switch out the probe for one thst can stay in the res?

Wisher619

Wisher619

Mw 802 meter with

Well I wonder if I can switch out the probe for one thst can stay in the res?
the electronics may not match up
you should just call milwaukee and ask them
when I dont know an answer I usually just call the company direct

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Dang... I used the meter last night. Dipped it in white vinegar and then left probe in Cup of RO water. I ordered storage solution but it won't be here until Fri. So what should I do in the meantime. It says never let the probe get dry.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

the electronics may not match up
you should just call milwaukee and ask them
when I dont know an answer I usually just call the company direct
Excellent advice. That is what I will do!

Wisher619

Wisher619

Dang... I used the meter last night. Dipped it in white vinegar and then left probe in Cup of RO water. I ordered storage solution but it won't be here until Fri. So what should I do in the meantime. It says never let the probe get dry.
rinse and leave in Tap water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom