Grow diary featuring my irrational obsession with Hawaiian strains

• Thread starter TerriR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

This Firefly is one of three...my first try at LST. Having grown this outdoors twice, I can say that Indoor with LST is the way to grow Irie Firefly! They are just COVERED in buds!
looking great,are you using ppm or ec count instead of what manufacture refer, reason i asked is the claw,which ever bottle your using that contain more Nitrogen cut it a bit,more P and K what your shooting for,less N,but dont cut it out,i dont know what your using ,what line ,so i make up a seniero,say 15-30-45,cut the N in half,make your ppm higher on the P and K side,so gallon water,the bottles thatr are low in P and K feed more of them and keep your N at half,best way to do this is get 3 cups,all ro water,add 1 mil to each of the cups,see what the ppm count is per cup if you dig,your trying to figure which raises your over all ph per cup,say fox trio,been awhile since i used it,but grow big i think has more P in it,bloom more K see what im doing,each cup each bottle tells the story,right it down each cup,after all that take the 2 of more your looking for at stage you are increase those to P and K and half what ever the N was,your just going by your ec and ppm and avoiding there feed schedule if youdig

TerriR

TerriR

looking great,are you using ppm or ec count instead of what manufacture refer, reason i asked is the claw,which ever bottle your using that contain more Nitrogen cut it a bit,more P and K what your shooting for,less N,but dont cut it out,i dont know what your using ,what line ,so i make up a seniero,say 15-30-45,cut the N in half,make your ppm higher on the P and K side,so gallon water,the bottles thatr are low in P and K feed more of them and keep your N at half,best way to do this is get 3 cups,all ro water,add 1 mil to each of the cups,see what the ppm count is per cup if you dig,your trying to figure which raises your over all ph per cup,say fox trio,been awhile since i used it,but grow big i think has more P in it,bloom more K see what im doing,each cup each bottle tells the story,right it down each cup,after all that take the 2 of more your looking for at stage you are increase those to P and K and half what ever the N was,your just going by your ec and ppm and avoiding there feed schedule if youdig
Masterblend; I will see what I can adjust. thank you! Firefly claws alot! I do need to figure that out.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Masterblend; I will see what I can adjust. thank you! Firefly claws alot! I do need to figure that out.
ok so master blend is pretty much what i use in my hydro
this is 5 gal of condensation water from ac drain pipe here
start was 7.05 ph 30ppm
10 1 19 003
10 1 19 002

water plus calcium nitrate 6.92 ppm 303,raised ppm but dropped ph
water plus calcium nitrate plus magnesium sulfate 7.07 ph ppm 480 raised ph and ppm from just adding it
water plus calcium nitrate plus magnesium sulfate plus the food ph 5.65 ppm 945
when i add more food which is 8-16-36 it dropped the ph so to bring my ph to 6.0 i added just a tad more mag-sulfate,brought the ph back to 6.1,so to drop it back to 5.8 to 6.0 i added 60 mil of hydrogaurd which gave me a even 6 in 33 gal of water,this is what i use to top off the res every couple days,the damn thing takes 5 gal every two days,this is what i got

TerriR

TerriR

ok so master blend is pretty much what i use in my hydro
this is 5 gal of condensation water from ac drain pipe here
start was 7.05 ph 30ppmView attachment 900184View attachment 900183
water plus calcium nitrate 6.92 ppm 303,raised ppm but dropped ph
water plus calcium nitrate plus magnesium sulfate 7.07 ph ppm 480 raised ph and ppm from just adding it
water plus calcium nitrate plus magnesium sulfate plus the food ph 5.65 ppm 945
when i add more food which is 8-16-36 it dropped the ph so to bring my ph to 6.0 i added just a tad more mag-sulfate,brought the ph back to 6.1,so to drop it back to 5.8 to 6.0 i added 60 mil of hydrogaurd which gave me a even 6 in 33 gal of water,this is what i use to top off the res every couple days,the damn thing takes 5 gal every two days,this is what i got
I ph the water to between 5.8-6.2 and pour it in. that’s all. I pour out any extra sitting in the saucer under the container. I water every day same way. Maybe time to back off the calcium nitrate part of masterblend? I can do that. Don’t understand that ppm methodology...you boys are too smart for me. 😁

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I ph the water to between 5.8-6.2 and pour it in. that’s all. I pour out any extra sitting in the saucer under the container. I water every day same way. Maybe time to back off the calcium nitrate part of masterblend? I can do that. Don’t understand that ppm methodology...you boys are too smart for me. 😁
thats why i mentioned doing 3 glasses,check ph and ppm of each glass first,then add 1 gram to one glass ,check to see what the product did to your ph and ppm per glass,as you see i found that adding more food dropped my ph and ppm increased because i added more minerals making the ppm higher,when i added the magnesium it also dropped ph,so really if my plant looks like it mag,i add more magnesium sulfate and lower the calcium nitrate.
go on a trip to the kitchen and measure and document what each one done for ph and ppm per product,then you will know what does what,believe me im no scientist hahaha actually funny,but reason i came up with this was becasue i had a hell of a time getting anything to grow in triple digits and the hydro outside,my water kept getting smoky and ph would sore to 8.5 in heat of day,i did as i described and all was good to the next day same thing ,8.5,so as a last resort ,i measured every thing i put in the can to see what did what ,i thought the calcium nitrate was just seperating some way,so threw arms up and said ok water machine here i come,got 6 5 gal bottles of ro water started over and damn if it go as planned,every since i just been adding 5 gal at a time.
the tap water from the house was 7.24 ppm 315.hell no wonder,no damn wonder nothing was growing,i added the 3oz of calcium nitrate and 2oz of magnesium sulfate with the already high ppm from spicket,i was jumped up there to 1400 ppm said and done,using a crap load of ph down that wouldnt stabilize.the hydro grow i need to keep at 5.8 to 6.2 ppm from 1027 to 1200,i was frying them more than the sun haahh,ro water fixed it all

TerriR

TerriR

@oldskol4evr - check this out - Firefly cuttings in straight RO for a couple of weeks since I pruned the bonsai mother...can’t bear to just toss them. No nutes for 2 weeks...and still they claw. This strain does that a lot...but I am a big believer in feeding those babies!!! 😂 so it could be overfeeding, I guess.

52F1AFC0 1C2D 4758 BF63 10B810761627
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

@oldskol4evr - check this out - Firefly cuttings in straight RO for a couple of weeks since I pruned the bonsai mother...can’t bear to just toss them. No nutes for 2 weeks...and still they claw. This strain does that a lot...but I am a big believer in feeding those babies!!! 😂 so it could be overfeeding, I guess.
yep,the firefly sounds like a few strains i got,every time i try to fed them other than tea the go south,the cherry bomb i grew was the worse,it just wanted the soil it stood in,about 4 weeks in i finally started to take a little feed,i use the KNF and it enjoyed it,all that pampering i didnt like the strain,i use a maxwell house coffe container as a cloner in about 7 day i have a root,at 10 days fish bones growing on the root,when i get the fish bones into soil it goes.
just a simple container with a wal mart double air pump and 2 stones come with it,i just use ro water thats it,soil feed them when they get home hahahh

TerriR

TerriR

well I really love my new ethos strains better so I will probably stop growing this one. plus I now have a b-load of Hawaiian stuff to get to...

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

well I really love my new ethos strains better so I will probably stop growing this one. plus I now have a b-load of Hawaiian stuff to get to...
if you like it clone off clone off clone to your ready to run it again,i have regret some that i should have kept just saying,ive tried all the difrent strains and always seem to go back,hahahah then i wish i would have breed the girl were i would at least have seeds of it,that what i do instead of keeping a mother around,get those going and find you a good male,put um in a tent with a fan,close it up fan on,reach threw the small intake hole on bottomof tent,reach in there and shake the balls off the stud,leave the girls in there for 2 days,then take them out,male will be thrash anyway,i take a sprayer and saturate the soil first,then i take the female and drench the leaves both under and over,look like a wet dog when done,sit it on the porch under the ceiling fan let the plant completly dry,then repeat same process ,the soil will be wet is ok ,when she is completly dry,they go right back into the tent with other girls and finished out,never had one cross pollinate in the flower room yet,once the pollen is wet it cant just dry and be used it done

TerriR

TerriR

if you like it clone off clone off clone to your ready to run it again,i have regret some that i should have kept just saying,ive tried all the difrent strains and always seem to go back,hahahah then i wish i would have breed the girl were i would at least have seeds of it,that what i do instead of keeping a mother around,get those going and find you a good male,put um in a tent with a fan,close it up fan on,reach threw the small intake hole on bottomof tent,reach in there and shake the balls off the stud,leave the girls in there for 2 days,then take them out,male will be thrash anyway,i take a sprayer and saturate the soil first,then i take the female and drench the leaves both under and over,look like a wet dog when done,sit it on the porch under the ceiling fan let the plant completly dry,then repeat same process ,the soil will be wet is ok ,when she is completly dry,they go right back into the tent with other girls and finished out,never had one cross pollinate in the flower room yet,once the pollen is wet it cant just dry and be used it done
Yeah, making seeds doesn’t excite me but I have figured out the bonsai mother technique so I am keeping a mini-mother of all strains now while I figure out if I like them. I like a lot of variety in my stash closet, so I keep trying new strains...wish they grew faster though.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah, making seeds doesn’t excite me but I have figured out the bonsai mother technique so I am keeping a mini-mother of all strains now while I figure out if I like them. I like a lot of variety in my stash closet, so I keep trying new strains...wish they grew faster though.
i just mentioned it because i live in hurricane,tornado,flash flood country,you cannot depend on electric service ,nothing worse than a 7 week old plant with no light and choppers flying around looking at damage if you dig,thats the main reason i do it,that and if any doubt i can yank them bitchs and throw to the deer in emergency cases hahahh,they find it,just bud,they find it growing ,oh ya you already know

TerriR

TerriR

seems like your rolling plants look great
they sure do!!!! stems of buds as long as my arm, turning and going straight up! It’s magic! The Firefly (those short ones) that I tried to do LST with is a huge mass of buds...I wrapped the stems around the top of the pots...so you can imagine. Very efficient way to grow, imo! Glad you guys are generous with your knowledge! Takes years to figure this stuff out on your own! 🌺

TerriR

TerriR

...and I backed off on the N...gave them only ph water for one day, then just Humboldt Golden Tree, calmag, and Silica (just added silica to my feeding routine) for one day. Today I made up masterblend with just the tomato-veg part which has a small N ratio. They always look good to me so I don’t know if any diff tbh.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

...and I backed off on the N...gave them only ph water for one day, then just Humboldt Golden Tree, calmag, and Silica (just added silica to my feeding routine) for one day. Today I made up masterblend with just the tomato-veg part which has a small N ratio. They always look good to me so I don’t know if any diff tbh.
they show great

Latest posts

Top Bottom