Grow diary featuring my irrational obsession with Hawaiian strains

• Thread starter TerriR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TerriR

TerriR

LOL well they're closed which is why I asked I probably would have bent them like last week but I think you could still do it, all mine straightened back up if I don't tie them and if you're not comfortable doing it maybe just leave it alone? It doesn't look like you can raise the light either so..? Myself I would bend them, I'm not great at doing it but I haven't broken one yet, it's just getting over that initial stressful "am I breaking it?" feeling :/ if you decide to do it maybe watch a couple of videos on YouTube first and get the idea that way I can help? Good luck
so the far red lights just need to be appx same distance as the QBs?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

so the far red lights just need to be appx same distance as the QBs?
I wouldn't know anything about leds and if you're not comfortable bending them probably best just to leave it or maybe check out a few vids and see if you think you want to try it or not

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Bending initiated...Iā€™ll adjust them a little for a few days so they donā€™t break. Need to do the Rainbow Kush, too. thanks BW!

The goal is to have the lights even (if they are close in intensity) and the canopy even all at the proper distance (the sweet spot)

Ex. 18ā€ in my room under 600ā€™s

As they stretch next time bend and tie tallest branches or just pinch and bend. And use stands for the short ones. Then continually adjust. Its always ongoing.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have some work to do when the lights come on...tomorrow. thanks guys. I had no idea they would stretch so much! They started about 15ā€ tall.

Unless you know your genetics always expect up to 3x stretch.

Thats why many growers train from early veg.

I just manage them in flower. Sometimes i pinch and bend right through to the finish with sativa leaning long flowerers.

Be dilligent in that case looking for nanners. Cause of stress.

These plants are at different stages of flowering. Stands, bamboo poles and soft tie wire used as well as pinching and bending and other wrestling moves.

ED21D3E4 17E7 45D5 A0E9 A337FBC64B26

TerriR

TerriR

well, out of the 4 long branches that I bent, 3 are broken...1 almost all the way though (duct taped it)...bought myself several inches of headroom and the bent branches look pretty much loaded with little nugs

A50F7FE5 4D7D 4098 AB7B 03A35C22820B
3E3FDBAF CEE0 4249 BFBF 5C9A2F98B78D
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thinking a 4 x 4 is just about right for ONE plant...if you do it right šŸ˜‰

They arent supposed to snap. You pinch the stem until it softens then bend over. If too woody you have to bend and tie down a little at a time.

Also brittle branches are likely potassium deficient. Plants like that tend to be the tallest too.

Too much pk boost will cause the deficiency. I dont use bloom boost products just grow and my stems used to get much woodier when i did. With balanced nitrogen they stay suppler.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

not much on watching folks threads ,seems they always have some one spoil the things,im ride with you hear for a bit,plants looking great buy the way did you ever decide about that light?

TerriR

TerriR

not much on watching folks threads ,seems they always have some one spoil the things,im ride with you hear for a bit,plants looking great buy the way did you ever decide about that light?
thanks oldskol! I ordered that Kingbrite that Buzz recommended...barely have room for it though. Itā€™s my only hobby so what the hell...

TerriR

TerriR

Two of them look like this: bent. 1 is broken and taped (it is small, so not a huge loss if it dies), and one is just pulled sideways not bent or broken. what happens when these get heavy? I guess just prop them up with the stakes?

DADEE2BC 797D 4321 80F3 F2967FAF4FA2
Srenots

Srenots

hey bro, did u see Growing Greens finish line with the Gold Blaze? i know u been lurking and seen it...hope all good ur way brother, and tell mama we said High ~

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Two of them look like this: bent. 1 is broken and taped (it is small, so not a huge loss if it dies), and one is just pulled sideways not bent or broken. what happens when these get heavy? I guess just prop them up with the stakes?
just tie them off when the buds get heavy,try to prop it up a little more,just a little ,if your concerned,put a little aloe vera on it and a piece of painter tape,you will be fine,that is monster cropping,that bend will become a big ole knot and give extra strength,like med said just put stalk in between fingers and slowly squezze as you roll it in your fingers,all your doing is lossen the stalk up for a bend,kinda like rolling a joint,just lightly roll it,you will feel it getting softer in you grasp,when i do it i roll it and repeat a couple days,most time it just start to fold by itself

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

hey bro, did u see Growing Greens finish line with the Gold Blaze? i know u been lurking and seen it...hope all good ur way brother, and tell mama we said High ~
nope has posted a video in couple months,im still subscribed but he hasnt posted any

TerriR

TerriR

just tie them off when the buds get heavy,try to prop it up a little more,just a little ,if your concerned,put a little aloe vera on it and a piece of painter tape,you will be fine,that is monster cropping,that bend will become a big ole knot and give extra strength,like med said just put stalk in between fingers and slowly squezze as you roll it in your fingers,all your doing is lossen the stalk up for a bend,kinda like rolling a joint,just lightly roll it,you will feel it getting softer in you grasp,when i do it i roll it and repeat a couple days,most time it just start to fold by itself
OH! Like rolling a joint!! I got it now! šŸ˜‚

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

OH! Like rolling a joint!! I got it now! šŸ˜‚
yep just as you start,you slowly form the doob,then as you get it were you ready to finish it off and tighten it up,dont do that,just the slow start of your roll,a couple days and it ready for a slight bend,more time than not,it does it on its own,each day as you roll between fingers it lossens the inside ,the weight of the stalk has no choice but to lean ,you get me

Latest posts

Top Bottom