GROW DIARY: Hilltopfarms' new 12kw room 1st run

• Thread starter Hilltopfarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

"Some" say all kinds of shit- I mean, just listen to what "Some say" about the Stig on Top Gear, right?! What's important is what's working for you, and I've learned plenty more over the years by watching than by trying to tell others how to do things. :D

I would be very interested in total yields per 4x8 foot table, and on a per plant basis. Do you guys keep track of that?

ya, we'll keep track, not every individual plant but at least tables... and then different strains, of course

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

Looks amazing. I wish I had the climate control skills that you do to pull off such a sea of green! Definitely watching...

when it comes to larger rooms, it's all about setting it up right and never skimping on anything (especially cooling)... once you have a room that works, you eliminate those dreadful problems and you get to focus on your girls and what they need

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

we had to special order the tees we wanted for our ac, and they finally came today but of course we had a stoner miscalculation and only had enough duct to do half... besides that it looks good

2012 06 08 215256
Element

Element

we had to special order the tees we wanted for our ac, and they finally came today but of course we had a stoner miscalculation and only had enough duct to do half... besides that it looks good
lookin good brotha

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

It will be interesting to see how the 600's do versus the 1000's.Nice setup,what are you using for a climate controller,a/c and dhuey?
Subbed.
thanks fishwhistle...
The a/c is a frostbox 5 ton central unit running on its own programmable thermostat, still dialing the room in but we keep the thermostat set at 74-75 and the room never peaks above 82 and never below 70 at night. We have an Iponic 600 climate controller that runs the triggers for veg and flower lights, co2 (2-20lb tanks), and an emergency exhaust for high temp and high co2. When we put in a $35,000 order for all of our equipment, we just happend to forget the dehu we planned for, so we had to go with a temporary 60 pint that pretty much always runs but humidity stays ok (60-65% at night and 40% daytime)

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

here's the iponic controller, its very cool... it has six 120v triggers that can be very specifically programmed to do pretty much everything, its even got two low voltage triggers for a/cs and stuff like that but I didn't want to mess with that cuz the frostbox tstat is very nice... the coolest thing is when connected to the internet the iponic is fully adjustable from our phones and it will txt us in an emergency
2012 06 09 133941

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

how much did the iponic controller cost?

I think it retails for about $1200, but the manager at the hydro shop offered it to us for $900, so we can give him some feedback... thats the only reason we went with it instead of a sentinel.
if your willing to drop the cash, its well worth it, but very complicating to change around settings

ttystikk

ttystikk

I think it retails for about $1200, but the manager at the hydro shop offered it to us for $900, so we can give him some feedback... thats the only reason we went with it instead of a sentinel.
if your willing to drop the cash, its well worth it, but very complicating to change around settings

The ease of use of a Sentinel is great, but I get tired of hearing about how their gear doesn't really like being hooked up to the Internet. The most irksome thing is that all the connectors are there (and thus reflected in the purchase price), but Sentinel seems to lack drivers or a controller program or some such...

With today's technological expectations of constant and instant internet access to anything and everything, it is surely past the point where the lack of such functionality is simply unacceptable.

I can buy a TV, a microwave and a damned refrigerator that can hook up to the 'net, so why not a Sentinel?

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

thanks fishwhistle...
The a/c is a frostbox 5 ton central unit running on its own programmable thermostat, still dialing the room in but we keep the thermostat set at 74-75 and the room never peaks above 82 and never below 70 at night. We have an Iponic 600 climate controller that runs the triggers for veg and flower lights, co2 (2-20lb tanks), and an emergency exhaust for high temp and high co2. When we put in a $35,000 order for all of our equipment, we just happend to forget the dehu we planned for, so we had to go with a temporary 60 pint that pretty much always runs but humidity stays ok (60-65% at night and 40% daytime)

everything sounds great except that night time humidity but im sure you know that

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

The ease of use of a Sentinel is great, but I get tired of hearing about how their gear doesn't really like being hooked up to the Internet. The most irksome thing is that all the connectors are there (and thus reflected in the purchase price), but Sentinel seems to lack drivers or a controller program or some such...

With today's technological expectations of constant and instant internet access to anything and everything, it is surely past the point where the lack of such functionality is simply unacceptable.

I can buy a TV, a microwave and a damned refrigerator that can hook up to the 'net, so why not a Sentinel?
very well put... its like I can damn near flush my toilet from the internet.. so sentinel is a little behind

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Sooommonnnee ddiid theeirr homework! Nice ass setup homie. Now thats puttin in real work there! you should keep slowly buildin up your strain stock as well so when you get a couple homes each can be it's own little specialty shop producing 4 or 5 kinds of candy each, ofcourse you gotta wait to dial in and everything but the plants look dam healthy already. Anyways i'm sub'd, nice fuckin work there, big fuckin props, and hope you blow you qouta by at least 2 p's haha Take it easy gucci mayne :D

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

Sooommonnnee ddiid theeirr homework! Nice ass setup homie. Now thats puttin in real work there! you should keep slowly buildin up your strain stock as well so when you get a couple homes each can be it's own little specialty shop producing 4 or 5 kinds of candy each, ofcourse you gotta wait to dial in and everything but the plants look dam healthy already. Anyways i'm sub'd, nice fuckin work there, big fuckin props, and hope you blow you qouta by at least 2 p's haha Take it easy gucci mayne :D

thanks man! we've already got over 30 killer strains and always on the hunt for more (clone and seed) so we're able to do different stuff all the time

skuzz99

skuzz99

awesome setup! makes me think of those photos of commercial hydro tomatoes being grown. pretty jealous...but in a good way!

Top Bottom