GROW DIARY: Hilltopfarms' new 12kw room 1st run

• Thread starter Hilltopfarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

I thought i'd show you guys some pics of our other house...
the first one is couple weeks into flower and is 6 600's and one 400 mh and the second is at 8 weeks, one week until chop, under 4 1000 magnetics (i think thats what causes the lines in the pic)
2012 06 11 212636
2012 06 11 212858

flowamasta

flowamasta

2 houses ;) jealous beautiful gardens

I think that room just has some electromagnetic interference. i can take my cam to my mates house and i get that, he uses all digital ballasts, i use a magnetic and get zero lines, i think it's just radio interference or something like that....the lines can sometimes slow down if you turn some of those 50hz fans off....just some useless stoned theory.....

ttystikk

ttystikk

yeah the magnetic ballasts create the lines. you can put up a pair of polarized glasses to the lens of the camera and it will take them away

I get mad lines when I take pics in my grow room. I use all magnetic ballasts, too- and the polarized lens trick works.

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

yeah the magnetic ballasts create the lines. you can put up a pair of polarized glasses to the lens of the camera and it will take them away
That's very interesting I didn't know that... I should be wearing glasses myself in the rooms more than I do, but I'll Give that a try.

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

Just me and my brother... we keep it ran like a business, never a minute of downtime between runs, we're setting up one more 12 light house and we'll be chopping 6-8 pounds a week, just us...

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

Just me and my brother... we keep it ran like a business, never a minute of downtime between runs, we're setting up one more 12 light house and we'll be chopping 6-8 pounds a week, just us...
man i love the openness of cali. thats a beautiful weekly number.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

theyre worth it in the long run. eye surgery is much more expensive ..

ttystikk

ttystikk

I checked em out at the hydro shop and they're very legit, but being more expensive than the shades I wear out in public, I might wait a run or two

You don't need these, cool as they may be. Go to your local Wal-mart sporting goods section and get some 'berkeley angler' sunglasses. They are polarized, 100% UVA and UVB blocking, tinted dark for the express purpose of looking stragiht at sunglare on the water and being able to see the fish, and wraparound. For $5. That's not a typo! Yes, they are fragile; the coating is prone to wear... so buy new ones regularly. That's 40 pairs of these vs. one pair of 'Method 7', and you will grin when you sit on them, instead of stomping around and gnashing your teeth because you just busted a spendy pair of shades, lol.

theyre worth it in the long run. eye surgery is much more expensive ..

I'm a LASIK recipient, which fixed my myopia, but macular degenration is a permanent condition there is currently no treatment for. Permanent lasts a long time... and don't forget; LED and flourescent also put out substantial UV. Don't ever go into your growroom without shades on, bro- make it a habit.

Just two of you, huh? GANGSTER. Wish I had a couple of you guys around here, we could make zillions!

neverbreak

neverbreak

love it bro. things might look crowded, but damn do they look good! nice to see those buds fattening up. ya must be proud.

had been woncdering about the lines in some pics. interestic that they're caused by magnetic and that polarized lenses will remove them.

neverbreak

D-Bud

D-Bud

What a great thread to cruise through.. I'm kinda new to growing in Coco 100% and was wondering why you mix your mix 50/50 with perlite.. does this help with holding some nutrients in to fight the fact coco holds "P" to well..I mean, don't get me wrong, in no way am I questioning your methods..obviously they work, but I was always told that perlite just takes up space where roots could be growing in.. are you looking to water less.. I'm blown away by your garden and the nugs sure are frosting up great.. awesome job on your build..
Ok, the big question.. favorite strain for potency. I've got a Giesel that's hard to beat hehe..

ttystikk

ttystikk

What a great thread to cruise through.. I'm kinda new to growing in Coco 100% and was wondering why you mix your mix 50/50 with perlite.. does this help with holding some nutrients in to fight the fact coco holds "P" to well..I mean, don't get me wrong, in no way am I questioning your methods..obviously they work, but I was always told that perlite just takes up space where roots could be growing in.. are you looking to water less.. I'm blown away by your garden and the nugs sure are frosting up great.. awesome job on your build..
Ok, the big question.. favorite strain for potency. I've got a Giesel that's hard to beat hehe..

I can't speak to Hilltop's choice, but I went with hydroton as a chow mix aggregate. In my case, I went about 50-50 coco and hydroton. Hydroton does absorb some water- while its uniform shape also guarantees drainage.

The reason I did this is to gain the advantages of a substrate when adding beneficials while still ensuring that I can't drown my root zone. I'm running Jacks and bennies dtw style.

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

I like the perlite for the texture and to add more air to the coco, otherwise coco seems way to heavy... regardless I know coco even by itself is an incredible growing media..
As far as for potency, I personally like a high cbd and low thc strain. You get incredible pain relief along with a sense of calmness without being stoned

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

D-bud Giesel is a tasty plant. I really liked it. Have been hunting it actually.

Damn you are rocking some shit brother! Way to pump the rooms. Buds look like thy have some Sour bubble in their genetics.??
No sour bubble in our genetics... pictured above is just a really good og strain

Top Bottom