Grow Diary Skittelz From Seed In Coco , All Help Much Appreciated

• Thread starter Teeky84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Magnesium and calcium binds to coco coir and doesnt want to easily release.to fix this you use cal mag in chelated form..chelated meaning wrapped up and transported into the plant much easier...

Monster762

Monster762

I’ve heard with coco you need it every feeding. I’m not a coco expert so I’ll let someone who is chime in.
No expert but I feed without the calmag in coco mix but my mix also has soil. Agree to back light up a little bit.
I read no exhaust no real airflow? All vents open
Did you make sure the coco was moist ( thoroughly) when you used it? It almost looks like too much water but I know coco tricky in how it holds water. Might all be at the top few inches. If it dries all the way though there will be a white crust. That is salt buildup. Then when you water again it dissolves the salts n throws ph way out and causes burns and lockouts. I’d rinse them real good with 5.8-6.0 ph water. Then give a solid feed include the calmag or at least epsom salt for the mag. Mag not cal is more important now. If you have any type of microbe tea or bennies add em. Bump your airflow. What was the plastic bottle for? Humidity issues?
What’s your ph
Line of nutes used
Coco brand brick? Rinsed good?
What was used in original coco mix( perelite peat sand etc)?
Temps and rh and light schedule. List day n night temps if not 24
I know it’s a lot of chit but thatblist will get you back on track quicker. Anyone gonna need to know it to help.

ethcan

ethcan

More pics . The clones look
Terrible . Was wondering wether to put a plastic bottle over them as nothing else has seems to work

I'll let you know exactly what's wrong with them. They are extremely extremely overwatered.

In coco, it's quite important to pot them up slowly. In my experience, things go MUCH better when transplanting young plants into coco WITH PERLITE. Otherwise, you end up with a plant which is hurting for oxygen, like yours.

With coco, you feed every watering.

Unfortunately, you might be in some pain. In my experience, the plants which I have transplanted into pots too big of straight coco looked like shit for a while. Support them with foliar sprays of a rooting promoter, such as Canna Rhizotonic. You are stuck until they build enough of a root mass to be able to handle that volume of pot.

In the future, run much smaller pots until they have developed a strong root mass. Use lots and lots of perlite for the first few pot sizes. Ideally you want the pot to not stay wet for longer than 2-3 days before being ready for water again.

I'm surprised everyone is talking nutrient issues and no one notices how small the plants are in such huge pots of coco which is completely soaked through. They are oxygen starved.

This plant is suffering from root oxygen deprivation.
img_7809-jpg.842811

Monster762

Monster762

I'll let you know exactly what's wrong with them. They are extremely extremely overwatered.

In coco, it's quite important to pot them up slowly. In my experience, things go MUCH better when transplanting young plants into coco WITH PERLITE. Otherwise, you end up with a plant which is hurting for oxygen, like yours.

With coco, you feed every watering.

Unfortunately, you might be in some pain. In my experience, the plants which I have transplanted into pots too big of straight coco looked like shit for a while. Support them with foliar sprays of a rooting promoter, such as Canna Rhizotonic. You are stuck until they build enough of a root mass to be able to handle that volume of pot.

In the future, run much smaller pots until they have developed a strong root mass. Use lots and lots of perlite for the first few pot sizes. Ideally you want the pot to not stay wet for longer than 2-3 days before being ready for water again.

I'm surprised everyone is talking nutrient issues and no one notices how small the plants are in such huge pots of coco which is completely soaked through. They are oxygen starved.

This plant is suffering from root oxygen deprivation.
img_7809-jpg.842811
Looking deeper you could be right about the moisture.coco holds it. Definately could be. I don’t see any perelite pots are plastic. Would cause the droop and ph swings then lockouts n yellowing You’re probably right. Now assuming you are would it be beneficial to supply oxygen to the roots maybe with h202.

ethcan

ethcan

Looking deeper you could be right about the moisture.coco holds it. Definately could be. I don’t see any perelite pots are plastic. Would cause the droop and ph swings then lockouts n yellowing You’re probably right. Now assuming you are would it be beneficial to supply oxygen to the roots maybe with h202.

I don't have experience with using H202 during irrigation, so I can't comment. That being said, I let my plants dry out thoroughly and then watered light thereafter. Honestly they looked like shit until they went into pots with perlite, and I will never run coco without perlite again.

I know people run huge trees in small pots of straight coco. However they are growing huge trees in the same pot size as the OP has his tiny cuttings in. Straight coco didn't work for me.

HeavyKush

HeavyKush

I would definitely add 25% perlite to my coco. Your roots are being suffocated.

Top Bottom