Grow Journal - A Noobie Diary.

• Thread starter iTurniGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Try to use the buds to judge if the Trics are the right color. Leaves can be less helpful

Yeah just double checked that only a few amber on the actual bud. Mm we're gonna try move it out the tent so th other 5 don't get infected and move it to a smaller cfl lit tent .. mm only thing I can think of doing

FourthCity

FourthCity

Yeah just double checked that only a few amber on the actual bud. Mm we're gonna try move it out the tent so th other 5 don't get infected and move it to a smaller cfl lit tent .. mm only thing I can think of doing
Keep moving and touching it if you want to spread more pollen to the other plants. Damage is done, too late to isolate it now, the more you mess with it the worse it will get. If you leave it, like others said, worst case scenario is that you will end up with some good bud and few mature seeds for future grows.

Anthem

Anthem

If you plan on moving out of the tent, try to spray water on the hermit parts. This will make the pollen useless. Next take a trash bag and gentle cover the whole hermie plant out of the tent. This will keep the plant from spreading anymore pollen. Make sure and scary around the plant and the soil before you move the plant.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Keep moving and touching it if you want to spread more pollen to the other plants. Damage is done, too late to isolate it now, the more you mess with it the worse it will get. If you leave it, like others said, worst case scenario is that you will end up with some good bud and few mature seeds for future grows.

We haven't touched the plant just moved it a little to see, so you think the damage is done, the other 5 plants are showing no signs of any hermie. Just misted it.

There's no sacs closed just a few open ones so might b okay.

Just gonna keep.it n go with the flow. Ugh been torturing myself for 4 hours trying to decide 😁

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Some had little lumps in it & of course there was seeds coming out some of the buds in one of the plants.
.I can go back tonight with tweezers and we can attempt to remove them all. There's quite alot of them n they appear to all be hidden n tucked away.

Shall we attempt operation removal or just let it all grow out

Yes, I would let it grow out, just try and minimize the damage done, like I said, discretely take off anyting that looks herm or male, and pay special attention to anything that looks like pollens to contain them from getting on the flower, you can even moisten or spray those area's because the wet will conjugate the pollen spores and keeping them from further damage, prior too, and even after removal.

Also, once your done, you might actually have a viable pollen, who knows for sure the cause, well see upon inspection of the final product to make that judgement, but all "herm" is not necessairly a bad thing, as previously mentioned. Sometimes, it's just inadvertent self replication, done the natural way.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Well th issue this time that stressed them was definitely the feed. I bought another PPM Meter, exact same readings as the one I currently have. So our water truly is 53PPM anyway.

I didn't know organics don't need run off either, just watered enough to have no run off?
Obviously didn't know about the PPM thing with Organics not showing true PPM levels, so while people are doing halve nutrients for water, e.g 5ML for 10L , we were giving it a shit load like 150ML for 10L.

Poor things, no wonder they're turning out th way they are 😨😂

I'll keep an eye on them anyway, I didn't notice this last feed, but they really were tucked underneath buds etc. Could just be within th last few days its happened, can't be sure.
In all likelyhood, yes, this was probably the trigger, and it might have been only one or two plants, do you know how many of them are affected?

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

XD we just misted the areas and inside the tent slightly. Here's a picture anyway of them . The back left is the hermie:p
4 damn hours deciding what to do 😂

20201005 010612
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
It’s all good man every grower on here has there learning experience from grow to grow strain to strain. Biggest thing is showing care and love for your plants makes all the better for your plants. Lol I had a home boi that fed them like a buffet I said bro it’s not you going to buffet lol they eat what they need when they need it. Getting to know the strain ur growing and keeping track of every watering and feeding on a calendar helps keep things in check.Here is a pic of an old grow the big Alaskan purple hermied on my still have some seeds from her today I keep seeds out gas street buds if I find any. I have a shit ton of mystery strain seeds.

Yea, I don't know what it is about Alaskan genetics, but they do have a high incidence of hermaphroditism, I think it's evolving in that sunlight TBH, but not entirely sure, but I see more anomaly in Alaskan strains than any other (I live in Washington State), so I've seen lot's of strains from there. But that said, there some of the best northern strains available. And great resistance, just weird looking genetics.

I think that's what happened to my purple haze, (stunted) damn canuks, going to have to fix it myself, LOL
I live in Seattle, and we need a damn good purple haze here to represent.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
XD we just misted the areas and inside the tent slightly. Here's a picture anyway of them . The back left is the hermie:p
4 damn hours deciding what to do 😂
Just as suspected, it's also one of the most highly stressed ones also, just by looking at it.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Just as suspected, it's also one of the most highly stressed ones also, just by looking at it.

For sure. I can't wait until next one. Everything will be done right. My heads been all over th place on this one. Such a stress ball 😂. New thread new me, coming soon 😎🤣

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
For sure. I can't wait until next one. Everything will be done right. My heads been all over th place on this one. Such a stress ball 😂. New thread new me, coming soon 😎🤣

every grow is different and has it's challenges or not, if your lucky. You did exceptionally well here IMO, nothing wrong with the grow here. This is essentially one of the most common issues when dealing with flowering, so don't feel bad, like I said, the plants look great overall.

Remind me again how big your pot's are in this grow? I did a transplant of everything today because of being root bound on a few plants. I knew it was an issue for some time now, but I didn't have the means to get over and get supplies, so I was doing as best I could manage. After replacing everything today, I put them all into 2 gallon pots, because virtually everything was root bound. (the roots weren't even getting fully wet even) I even put some in 3's, glad that I had the spare bags on hand, to get it done. 6 sq feet of frog for everything today. The 2's aren't even very much bigger TBH, they certainly don't look "double" big. These plants of mine got somewhat bigger than anticipated.

Anyhow, I was just thinking, you could be on the far end of that spectrum as well, because those are some really huge buds, (which require equally big root balls) so I'll be interested to see what your roots look like after this grow. A post mortem will tell if that was the case anyhow.

Last edited:
BigFrostyNugs

BigFrostyNugs

every grow is different and has it's challenges or not, if your lucky. You did exceptionally well here IMO, nothing wrong with the grow here. This is essentially one of the most common issues when dealing with flowering, so don't feel bad, like I said, the plants look great overall.

Remind me again how big your pot's are in this grow? I did a transplant of everything today because of being root bound on a few plants. I knew it was an issue for some time now, but I didn't have the means to get over and get supplies, so I was doing as best I could manage. After replacing everything today, I put them all into 2 gallon pots, because virtually everything was root bound. (the roots weren't even getting fully wet even) I even put some in 3's, glad that I had the spare bags on hand, to get it done. 6 sq feet of frog for everything today. The 2's aren't even very much bigger TBH, they certainly don't look "double" big. These plants of mine got somewhat bigger than anticipated.

Anyhow, I was just thinking, you could be on the far end of that spectrum as well, because those are some really huge buds, (which require equally big root balls) so I'll be interested to see what your roots look like after this grow. A post mortem will tell if that was the case anyhow.
They are 3 gal fabric pots bud. From solo cups transplanted to 3 gallons. Will get root pictures when they are ready to chop.

Peso325

Peso325

They look just a tad hungry. Not a bad thing unless they start getting a lot more yellow, you could probably up the feed to 700ppm and get some of the color back but you don't want them to get too dark green either.
Quick question iam also a beginner why don’t you want them to dark green?

CFC7143

CFC7143

Looking great man! Keep it up! I hope my plant looks as good as yours here in a few weeks. These pics are from today. I just started seeing trichomes
IMG 20201011 215817
IMG 20201011 215432
IMG 20201011 215822

CFC7143

CFC7143

Yea, I don't know what it is about Alaskan genetics, but they do have a high incidence of hermaphroditism, I think it's evolving in that sunlight TBH, but not entirely sure, but I see more anomaly in Alaskan strains than any other (I live in Washington State), so I've seen lot's of strains from there. But that said, there some of the best northern strains available. And great resistance, just weird looking genetics.

I think that's what happened to my purple haze, (stunted) damn canuks, going to have to fix it myself, LOL
I live in Seattle, and we need a damn good purple haze here to represent.
I'm definitely a noob but I've looked all through your posts frankster and I've seen you talking about using 1 and 2 gallon pots. Your plants didn't stunt because of genetics. Almost every grow of yours I've seen your plants are clearly root bound because of the size of your pots. They are way too small for the size of your plants.

Top Bottom