Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amekins

amekins

Increased the lights to 70% and raised the lights (used a tape measure this time...I was much closer than 24” and probably why the light was too much. The indica on the left is so short and bushy. I need advice on how to manage it because there’s definitely not enough air flow to prevent condensation between leaves (you can see some in the picture).

422AA632 17A0 4A0B A5FD 6B109F4ADDF4
B8498130 A6CD 49C3 B81F F8B25695DB5B
5F0814AA 7878 4F1C A65B A548B92D7085
1CB23BB6 FB86 4BAC B9C1 DF1D2930A2F8
389F5C13 872B 4871 8A7D C74FAE33A38D
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
If the indica were in my tent I would start by taking off the oldest lower fan leaves first. Then maybe some lst for separation. I would also adjust the fan to favor her a bit for more airflow perhaps...🤷‍♂️🌱😽

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

If the indica were in my tent I would start by taking off the oldest lower fan leaves first. Then maybe some lst for separation. I would also adjust the fan to favor her a bit for more airflow perhaps...🤷‍♂️🌱😽

I think everyone would concur with that! Get the lowers out and the air moving up through the plant wo directly blowing air on it, like aquaman stated early on in the thread....

thedubside

thedubside

see how the new growth is coming in a much lighter shade of green/yellow, is that just normal for new growth coming in? i noticed it on mine too, more so after watering. after a few days it would go darker, then id water again and it would have a growth spurt it would seem and be a much lighter yellow, and then repeat like that every water.

I thought it was normal but after some research I thought it might have been an iron deficiency so lowered my PH a bit as I was at around 6.5 and I read iron gets absorbed better at the lower end. and then the yellowing did seem to stop. thing is it seemed to grow faster when the new growth was coming in yellow, I was actually pleased because i could see how quickly it had grown in 2 days. so im not sure if it was just going through a crazy growth spurt for a while and then slowed down or the ph change caused it.

is it just normal for them to grow like that? your plants are looking AWESOME btw!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

see how the new growth is coming in a much lighter shade of green/yellow, is that just normal for new growth coming in? i noticed it on mine too, more so after watering. after a few days it would go darker, then id water again and it would have a growth spurt it would seem and be a much lighter yellow, and then repeat like that every water.

I thought it was normal but after some research I thought it might have been an iron deficiency so lowered my PH a bit as I was at around 6.5 and I read iron gets absorbed better at the lower end. and then the yellowing did seem to stop. thing is it seemed to grow faster when the new growth was coming in yellow, I was actually pleased because i could see how quickly it had grown in 2 days. so im not sure if it was just going through a crazy growth spurt for a while and then slowed down or the ph change caused it.

is it just normal for them to grow like that? your plants are looking AWESOME btw!
IMO new growth will always be lighter until photosynthesis picks up in that area especially with fast growth However like you see with clones if they for some reason (like over watering, ph, imbalance etc.) they aren't getting enough of a certain nutrient it will not darken up over time and usually see signs elsewhere. Light green new growth that stays light green is usually sulfur, if it comes in yellow I would lean to iron but it will be much more pronounced.

Thats why we keep clones under very low light as light drives photosynthesis and they have no roots to give adequate nutrients if they are kept under higher lighting you see them yellow. If they have roots and you see them yellow and droop it's usually over watered. If they are drooping to the point of falling over and yel they are underwatered.

Light green growth is normal when they dont stay that way as growth continues.

amekins

amekins

Done. Second time I’ve done this. Lower branches have been lst’d since last weekend. Just keeps getting bushier. She’s bare now. And infused oatmeal gingersnaps are done. Next up, granola, peppermint Patricks, and toffee.
B33B6BEF 90EC 4AE0 91D7 34BA91D23BDA
722D3C8A 4CC1 4324 8040 13B115CEC869

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

This morning, including the bare naked indica, are praying to the light. It’s a beautiful sight. View attachment 1059296View attachment 1059297View attachment 1059298
Did you rid the lowers? Shes just loving it! I used to think that was the myco fungi biting in. Never new if i was right. Thinkmits avcombo of the soil getting goodvair flow, myco bite good, temps, humidity, and upwards air flow through the plant. In just the right amounts...shes as happy as can be!!!

IrishRob

IrishRob

Not a thrower. I’m a crier. lol. My mother??? SHE was a thrower. Dishes, bowls, potted plants. Pissed off? Screaming? Throw and break shit.
I'm a thrower, does this mean I should star picking up new pots now? Lol
Done. Second time I’ve done this. Lower branches have been lst’d since last weekend. Just keeps getting bushier. She’s bare now. And infused oatmeal gingersnaps are done. Next up, granola, peppermint Patricks, and toffee.View attachment 1059045View attachment 1059046
Ohhhh that sounds good

amekins

amekins

Did you rid the lowers? Shes just loving it! I used to think that was the myco fungi biting in. Never new if i was right. Thinkmits avcombo of the soil getting goodvair flow, myco bite good, temps, humidity, and upwards air flow through the plant. In just the right amounts...shes as happy as can be!!!
Basically I removed just about every leaf that wasn’t attached to new growth lol.

Top Bottom