Grow or not to Grow

• Thread starter Thom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thom

Trying to decide if it's worth it to grow on your own. Would be able to do so indoors only, and have limited space. All thoughts and suggestions for a newbie, appreciated.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
If it wasn't worth there wouldn't be so many folks doing it. As with anything, startup costs take a bit to recuperate but the maintenance costs are much cheaper than buying once you've got a decent system worked out.

E

ewo

Hey Thom,
What size grow are you thinking? I'm still a newbie for sure. I'm on my second grow. The first one was in college in 2004 ... I was in a 2-bedroom apartment and got a few plants going.

Tried a hydroponic system at first in a very small space ... built out of a cooler and it was very frustrating in a small space, as a newb, etc. all the chemicals and autotimers and stuff. Just didnt have time for it even though it more or less ran itself.

What I ended up having GREAT luck with was growing 2 plants from seeds... in dirt, in the apartment.

I started with 6 seeds and germed, planted, raised ... sexed ... 4/6 were female but I gave 2 away due to space constraints. The 2 i kept did really well in the closet ... low maintence and got some good nugs off them. The smell wasn't too strong and i got some gnats at one point but fly paper fixed the problem.

It's worth a shot in my opinion if you're thinking about it ... if you travel a lot or have a lot of people in and out it might not work out so well.

Totally just my 2 cents.

-ewo

S

shdowlkr

Trying to decide if it's worth it to grow on your own. Would be able to do so indoors only, and have limited space. All thoughts and suggestions for a newbie, appreciated.

Well lets see....
buying from others =
making calls to find
making drive to pick up
having the possibility to be stopped coming or going
always on hold waiting for the next hook up from the dealer
stuck with what ever overfed crap he has to offer

Growing your own =
obey rule 1 "Tell no one" and nobody knows
no hunting down a dealer with a bag
no need to be on the streets with weed
not getting stuck with the schwagg they pass as middies
smoking some of the best pot grown at a fraction of its cost in the privacy of your own home
the list of different flavors you can grow and smoke, you are stuck to whats commercial, so new flavors and different buzzes can be a normal thing

Tell ya what, you're next 2 oz could cost you from 400-700 bucks. For that much money you can set up a grow that will supply you for as long as its up and running..

R

Rocky Top

I can only speak for myself but it is ABSOLUTELY worth it to grow my own for several reasons. I no longer have to look to the black market for my meds...I take precautions when it comes to security...I know EXACTLY what was used to grow my meds...I get to choose what I am smoking as far as strains...It's great mental therapy...I don't sell so I don't have to add that huge risk to the mix...I help patients aquire the proper meds they need which is a high all in itself...the list just goes on and on.

Indoors with limited space is how most get started. Just go slow...learn everything you can about growing...be patient...don't have rediculous expectations and most of all, have fun. I guess the most valuble piece of advice I can give and it is probably the number 1 violated rule of growing and that to tell absolutely no one! Only those that are impacted. Like the people living in your house. Other than that...Tell No One...Ever!

Good luck

C

cannababy420

i'm kind of a newbie too but have friends who have rooms... in my opinion, if you have the time and don't travel much its totally worth the investment. i live in a small 2 br apmnt with my dog and boyfriend and we manage an 8x4 in our little bedroom

F

FastForward

It's DEFINITELY worth it:

1) You'll never have to smoke anyone else's weed again! (and if you're in the UK, that means no more gritweed, or THC-less crap)

2) No more scoring!

3) You get to choose the strain, not some random bod

4) If you're a medical or regular user, you'll save a FORTUNE!

Really the question for any regular smoker is, why WOULDN'T you??

Welcome to the Farm :)

B

blueleaf

this flower is a beauty
if you say no to a really cute blondy girl, hmmm i mean cannabis plant
there is something wrong with you
:)

T

Thom

To Grow or not to Grow

Hey Friends.

It's unanimous. All good thoughts about whether to grow or not.

Many thanks.

S

Skuff

Def grow your own, Thom :very_first_smiley:
Never tell anyone, and it will be safer than buying from the street, and a damn site better too

H

HerbalTea

Are you kiddin'?...

Askin' a grow forum whether to go for it or not? ;) OK, why not. But once ya ask yerself that first question Thom, ya need to consider a couple more. It'll save ya some headaches and head scratchin' down the road. (Assuming yer in anti-420 territory...)

Are you willing to accept the legal "complications" that can potentially arise from this generally illicit hobby? This can cause some family an' friend complications too, depending on your circumstances. "Tell no one" is the first rule o' growin' for a damn good reason...

Maxim 2: Grow to your needs. How much dried smoke do ya need per month? This'll help ya figure out the best equipment (if indoors) and grow techniques to use, and can be a good indicator of the amount of room you'll need to grow in. Regardless, don't expect to jump in and get huge harvests until you get some practice...

Good luck to ya bro', an' welcome to da Farm BTW. :sun2:

I

indodoja

fuck the legal complications! take comfort in the fact that what you are doing is okay, and the rest of the sheeple are brainwashed.
growing is therapeutic and the aroma that fills my home fills me with euphoric calm.

bigdawg

bigdawg

wonder how much paraquat I have smoked in the last 40 plus years! no wonder I cough so much!! grow your own!! it's the healthy choice!!:RastaBong::RastaBong:

C

cletus

Just got started myself and it isent cheap. I offset the cost by buying the important stuff first and then add on as time goes on. I just started with the basics light, dirt, nutrients, and a fan. Things went well and now that I can afford extra it just gets better. The next step for me will be getting set up a seperet veg room so I can start frome clones instead of seeds. It will pay off in the end. Big time!

Top Bottom