Grow room a/c

• Thread starter Indicated
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gaval

cooling off rooms

due to the new rules in Michigan each patient has to have 12 plants in a separate locked room. I am now building 3 rooms they are going to be 10L x 5W x 8H each of the rooms will be built right next to each other sharing walls. Each of the rooms will have 2 600w lights.

how should i go about cooling these rooms?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

due to the new rules in Michigan each patient has to have 12 plants in a separate locked room. I am now building 3 rooms they are going to be 10L x 5W x 8H each of the rooms will be built right next to each other sharing walls. Each of the rooms will have 2 600w lights.

A 2 ton 3 zone mini split from Fujitsu or Mitsubishi or 3 zone 2.5 ton mini with 3- 10k air handlers.

G

Gaval

A 2 ton 3 zone mini split from Fujitsu or Mitsubishi or 3 zone 2.5 ton mini with 3- 10k air handlers.

why are mini splits the way to go? I was thinking of buying a used 4 ton central air unit from a buddy of mine an running vents to each room. Or would that not work as well as these mini splits?

the mini split you told me to look at is 3300 bucks

I saddly only have around 800 dollars to spare on this upgrade

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

why are mini splits the way to go? I was thinking of buying a used 4 ton central air unit from a buddy of mine an running vents to each room. Or would that not work as well as these mini splits?

the mini split you told me to look at is 3300 bucks

I saddly only have around 800 dollars to spare on this upgrade

First off do NOT buy Fujitsu from online it voids the warranty. 2nd thing that 4 tons is too much. 3rd thing is mini splits are more efficient. Last thing is if you want to control each room you will need zoning controls which is going to cost you more. If you don't then only 1 room has thermostat rest of rooms get a/c when room with stat wants it also.

G

Gaval

First off do NOT buy Fujitsu from online it voids the warranty. 2nd thing that 4 tons is too much. 3rd thing is mini splits are more efficient. Last thing is if you want to control each room you will need zoning controls which is going to cost you more. If you don't then only 1 room has thermostat rest of rooms get a/c when room with stat wants it also.

if i cant afford the new mini split system how else am i gonna do this? Im thinking if i run vents to each room they will all at least have somewhat of the same room temperature as the one with the thermostat. I figured if i get the 4 ton ac when i do upgrades or larger lights i wont have to worry about it.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

if i cant afford the new mini split system how else am i gonna do this? Im thinking if i run vents to each room they will all at least have somewhat of the same room temperature as the one with the thermostat. I figured if i get the 4 ton ac when i do upgrades or larger lights i wont have to worry about it.

IMO do it right from beginning and you spend less money in long run. Look online for a smaller LG mini split.

darlingmaster

darlingmaster

This site has pretty good prices on Fedders brand mini splits;

Gotta agree with CannabisJohn on this, do it right the first time.
I wasted 2 years and a few grand dicking around before I did it the right way. It's been smooth sailing ever since :)

F

f1ydave

No such law exists in Michigan. Please dont spread gossip.

Michigan Rules and Laws...no changes at all. LINK TO STATE OF MICHIGAN WEBSITE

G

Gaval

No such law exists in Michigan. Please dont spread gossip.

Michigan Rules and Laws...no changes at all. LINK TO STATE OF MICHIGAN WEBSITE[/QUOTE

this is what im talking about i received my patient cards an the paper work said each patient must have 12 plants in a separate locked facility

Top Bottom