Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
odirt

odirt

Hey John have a question for ya. I have a room second floor 6 - 1k air cooled lights cooled bye fridgidaire 25k btu window. It's a 125 can filter 10 inch fan into a y threw 2 rows of 3 1k light back into a y 8 inch exhaust straight up thru the roof. Room is 15x 12 . 7.5 ceilings . Problem I'm having is flowering during day temps get 83/84. I wanted take air from another room and run it into light thru roof only problem is only other room I can use has the 6 ballast in it creating heat. Thinking only solution is flowering during night time to keep it under 80

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey John have a question for ya. I have a room second floor 6 - 1k air cooled lights cooled bye fridgidaire 25k btu window. It's a 125 can filter 10 inch fan into a y threw 2 rows of 3 1k light back into a y 8 inch exhaust straight up thru the roof. Room is 15x 12 . 7.5 ceilings . Problem I'm having is flowering during day temps get 83/84. I wanted take air from another room and run it into light thru roof only problem is only other room I can use has the 6 ballast in it creating heat. Thinking only solution is flowering during night time to keep it under 80
There is no question in your post.

R

Rubegoldberg

I'm currently running 8x600w (bare bulb) in my room with 10 inch exhaust through a carbon filter and 2 x 6 inch intakes for cooling.

Summer has now arrived and my temps are getting too hot (high 80s)

Are there any A/C options worth looking at besides a mini split? wholesale prices in Canada are plummeting to the point where the mini-split investment could be risky.

Ideally i'd like to retrofit the existing setup without having to switch to a sealed room.

any advice would be golden!

Infoproject

Infoproject

plan is 3x 600w hps and a 600w mh in a tent in the closet for clones and mothers. All in the same room.

We have one Running mh right now for the tomatoes and some t5ho's for the peppers, brusslesprouts,lettuce, broccoli.

Problem was the temps got to 28 - 30c and 85%rh

So i drilled a 6inch hole up in the closet for my 6 inch inline fan on speed controller that turns on with the lights and oscillating fan.

But! its only spring here in canada and heat/humidity is going to be an issue.

So i went on...
https://www.sunlightsupply.com/tools/btu-calculator

And figured out 11x13x 8
With 4x 600w
4 digital ballasts
And i added 50L dehumidifier for good Measure
I would need 23500btu

I looked at split ac but i got quoted 3500 bucks

Portables arent efficient

So window a/c is my only option right?
25000-29000 btu is approx 1300 to 1700 canadian dollars.

Where would you look for a window a/c?
Amazon.ca has a decdnt 25000
Wayfair.ca has the same one but a bit cheaper and todays a holiday but il call these guys tomorrow.

http://airconditionercanada.com/air...nted-Compact-Room-Air-Conditioner-SKU141.html

I dont know if these guys do free shipping. Any suggestions where i might find a good price on commercial a/c? I would be happy around 1500$

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I'm currently running 8x600w (bare bulb) in my room with 10 inch exhaust through a carbon filter and 2 x 6 inch intakes for cooling.

Summer has now arrived and my temps are getting too hot (high 80s)

Are there any A/C options worth looking at besides a mini split? wholesale prices in Canada are plummeting to the point where the mini-split investment could be risky.

Ideally i'd like to retrofit the existing setup without having to switch to a sealed room.

any advice would be golden!

None that are very good.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

well cannabis is not legal in scotland, its £12.50 a gr. ($16.22) ($454 an ounce)it rains all the time and temperatures are low, outside heat is easily seen by helicopter with flir, who runs an outside air conditioner in the usa in winter ? these units are made in holland and germany and the best in the world and will easily keep a 6000w room at a steady 25c with all the heat in the sewer, i dont want agro. just forget it.

I believe in one of first posts you wondered why we don't use them in the US. I was just telling you.

T

TyOnCloud9

Yeah I do have a question about a/c and temperature control. I am very new to growing and have been doing alright so far. But I now am moving my tent from my second bedroom in my apt to my garage. My concern is the temp in the garage. What is a recommended way to control the temp in this room?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Yeah I do have a question about a/c and temperature control. I am very new to growing and have been doing alright so far. But I now am moving my tent from my second bedroom in my apt to my garage. My concern is the temp in the garage. What is a recommended way to control the temp in this room?

Air conditioner

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@CannabisJohn

I scored a 15k btu window unit. Would.tou happen to know, or know where I may get tech specs for the cfm output of the exhaust so I can match my 6' 440cfm fan to it.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@CannabisJohn
What do you think the exhaust cfm of a LG 14k btu portable single hose run? I may be able to just turn up my current 440cfm (currently at 60%).

M

Mark7777G

Need some expert advice on our Garage grow in AZ. We have two 5X5 Gorilla grow tents one flower one veg/clone with 1000w HID dimmable lamps\hoods in each - Balasts are outside the tents mounted on the ceiling and controlled by a 220v Titan dual trigger 8 light controller connected to the iponics. We are planning the ventilation and AC now, but are confused about venting and intake in relation to CO2 enrichment. Currently we have both tents exchanging air using 10 inch fans and 10 inch ducting between the two tents and can control the pressure using the speed controls. There is a huge charcoal filter (overkill I know) in the veg tent scrubbing the air using a 10inch fan with speed control. We have a large window unit 12k BTU (again overkill I know). We planned CO2 enrichement using tanks with regulators. We have an iponics controller to monitor and control everything. We are planning on putting the AC inside the garage pumping cold air into the veg tent (which exchanges air with the flower tent rapidly) by making an adapter over the front and a short 10 inch duct into the tent - we are not sure if we need to duct the exhaust outside or if we can just leave it in the garage (probably will be too hot and will have to vent outside - thoughts?). Lights have separate ducting to cool them that goes straight through using 6 inch ducting and a 10 inch fan with reducers pushing air to cool them through each light and out the other side of the other tent.

So at this stage in planning I need to understand some things.
  • Since we are using CO2 enrichment do we even have to vent (I guess technically we will be venting in a round about way by using the AC)?
  • Do I need to worry about the AC exhausting all my CO2 enrichment?
  • If we need to vent what would be the best process in relationship to the CO2 enrichment, Temperature, Humidity, and O2 desired levels? I can make the controller turn the AC/CO2/Fans/Lights etc all on based on time and or by measurements of temp/co2/humidity etc using the iponics.
  • Do I need an intake to balance out the air being exhausted out by the AC and or alternate venting if applicable?
  • With this setup the scrubber will be next to the AC which is exhausting the hot air out into either the garage or more likely outside. Smell is a concern so between the huge scrubber and the AC filter I am hoping there will be no smell - thoughts?
  • And just because my wife really likes the idea of a portable AC inside the tent instead of using the window AC I mentioned can anyone give us advise on if we should switch? Would the portable work inside with or without ducting the exhaust? Her hopes are that we do not have to cut a hole in the garage and duct either AC outside but I think we will have to.
That is probably enough questions for now as I am sure I will have more. Happy to take critisism as I am new to this and advise is greatly appreciated. After we get this setup working and have learned from all the mistakes I am sure we will make (3rd time a charm is what I hear) we plan to move to a larger setup. Thanks again in advance for reviewing my post and I look forward to reading the responses.

--Farmer Mark - I am groot!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Need some expert advice on our Garage grow in AZ. We have two 5X5 Gorilla grow tents one flower one veg/clone with 1000w HID dimmable lamps\hoods in each - Balasts are outside the tents mounted on the ceiling and controlled by a 220v Titan dual trigger 8 light controller connected to the iponics. We are planning the ventilation and AC now, but are confused about venting and intake in relation to CO2 enrichment. Currently we have both tents exchanging air using 10 inch fans and 10 inch ducting between the two tents and can control the pressure using the speed controls. There is a huge charcoal filter (overkill I know) in the veg tent scrubbing the air using a 10inch fan with speed control. We have a large window unit 12k BTU (again overkill I know). We planned CO2 enrichement using tanks with regulators. We have an iponics controller to monitor and control everything. We are planning on putting the AC inside the garage pumping cold air into the veg tent (which exchanges air with the flower tent rapidly) by making an adapter over the front and a short 10 inch duct into the tent - we are not sure if we need to duct the exhaust outside or if we can just leave it in the garage (probably will be too hot and will have to vent outside - thoughts?). Lights have separate ducting to cool them that goes straight through using 6 inch ducting and a 10 inch fan with reducers pushing air to cool them through each light and out the other side of the other tent.

So at this stage in planning I need to understand some things.
  • Since we are using CO2 enrichment do we even have to vent (I guess technically we will be venting in a round about way by using the AC)?
  • Do I need to worry about the AC exhausting all my CO2 enrichment?
  • If we need to vent what would be the best process in relationship to the CO2 enrichment, Temperature, Humidity, and O2 desired levels? I can make the controller turn the AC/CO2/Fans/Lights etc all on based on time and or by measurements of temp/co2/humidity etc using the iponics.
  • Do I need an intake to balance out the air being exhausted out by the AC and or alternate venting if applicable?
  • With this setup the scrubber will be next to the AC which is exhausting the hot air out into either the garage or more likely outside. Smell is a concern so between the huge scrubber and the AC filter I am hoping there will be no smell - thoughts?
  • And just because my wife really likes the idea of a portable AC inside the tent instead of using the window AC I mentioned can anyone give us advise on if we should switch? Would the portable work inside with or without ducting the exhaust? Her hopes are that we do not have to cut a hole in the garage and duct either AC outside but I think we will have to.
That is probably enough questions for now as I am sure I will have more. Happy to take critisism as I am new to this and advise is greatly appreciated. After we get this setup working and have learned from all the mistakes I am sure we will make (3rd time a charm is what I hear) we plan to move to a larger setup. Thanks again in advance for reviewing my post and I look forward to reading the responses.

--Farmer Mark - I am groot!

You will have to vent hot air from a/c to outside the garage no matter if you use window or portable.
Whenever you are using CO2 you want your room sealed as much as possible or you're wasting CO2.
I'm not sure that using your garage in Az is the best idea ( too hot).
Each tent should be sealed as best as possible and have its own a/c IMO.

N

NV Farmer

I live in Northern Nevada and the outside temp is about 100 degrees now. I have a 12x9 vented room inside my garage and an 8,000 BTU air conditioner vented into the room itself instead of inside the room. The garage is not insulated, and the temps are well above 100 degrees. I do have a roof vent that is sucking some of the hot air out, and a high velocity fan blowing on the back of the unit. My room is still averaging about 90-98 degrees during the day. I can hear the pump of the unit coming on, but it is not cooling the room down. I turned my exhaust fan down a little (it's a 740 CFM Hydro Flow) to see if it was sucking out the cold air too fast. It didn't really make a difference. Am I going to have to cool my garage, or is there something else I could be doing? Cooling a garage this time of year is not an option.

Top Bottom