Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NebulasINbloom

NebulasINbloom

I'm gonna go with this one for my 7,oo0watt bare bulb. They are Gavita DE 1000's. Dual ended, can crank em up to 1150. I have them @ 660 right now, and they are running on fresh air. Dumping in 4 corners of room through the window box I built. Using 10" max fan, 8" ducting. In the winter I can run em @ 1,000.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Nebulas, I would go with 2 24k spit units incase theres a problem. With that dual unit, if it goes out or kicks a breaker, you looose both acs. Back up would be better.

K

kushtrees

Hi all I have a couple of 2 ton fujitsu mini splits for my flip flop, one is on all day other is on all night. Had em for 1.5 years or so and they are still kicking the heats ass. The one that is on all day though seems to get tired. It keeps it the right temp for about 11 hours out of 12 and during the last hour the temp shoots up 3-5 degrees. This has been happening everyday lately and Im not sure why because it is cooler outside during that last hour. anyone have any idea what could be causing this and if i would need to call the hvac people to fix it or is it something i can do on my own. thanks

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hi all I have a couple of 2 ton fujitsu mini splits for my flip flop, one is on all day other is on all night. Had em for 1.5 years or so and they are still kicking the heats ass. The one that is on all day though seems to get tired. It keeps it the right temp for about 11 hours out of 12 and during the last hour the temp shoots up 3-5 degrees. This has been happening everyday lately and Im not sure why because it is cooler outside during that last hour. anyone have any idea what could be causing this and if i would need to call the hvac people to fix it or is it something i can do on my own. thanks

Get a guy out there to check it out. What has your weather been like recently? A guess is that nothing is wrong just extreme weather.

K

kushtrees

Its pretty normal for summer here 75-80 at the hottest point. But the hottest point of the day is like a hour before this happens and the sun does kind of pound one wall of the room during this time. I cant get a guy out here till the plants are out and that will be a at least 2 months atm. hopefully its just the weather in combination with the suns placement, if so it should get better as it cools down. Do you think I will be doing any harm to the ac's if i dnt get it checked out before 2 months?

S

Seed Buyer

kushtrees... as a grower in a non med state who was running several split and mini split systems the best thing I ever did was go to my local HVAC supply store and buy a set of gauges and a bottle or refrigerant. This way you can check you levels and top off as needed. I would also do a spray test on your line sets to make sure you do not have a leak.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

kushtrees... as a grower in a non med state who was running several split and mini split systems the best thing I ever did was go to my local HVAC supply store and buy a set of gauges and a bottle or refrigerant. This way you can check you levels and top off as needed. I would also do a spray test on your line sets to make sure you do not have a leak.

Be real careful with that. Real easy to overcharge a system. Also you should not be able to buy refrigerant per the EPA without a card. I know some places will sell to anybody with money.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Its pretty normal for summer here 75-80 at the hottest point. But the hottest point of the day is like a hour before this happens and the sun does kind of pound one wall of the room during this time. I cant get a guy out here till the plants are out and that will be a at least 2 months atm. hopefully its just the weather in combination with the suns placement, if so it should get better as it cools down. Do you think I will be doing any harm to the ac's if i dnt get it checked out before 2 months?

If it gets worse find help asap. If you have a small leak it'll get worse in 2 months.

K

kushtrees

O man I sure hope its not a refrigerant leak... I would love to test and do any maintenance myself, but I have no idea about ACs and do not have the time to learn, even though it would be really great.

Im in a med state and a very relaxed city so hopefully if it gets bad enough the AC people will be chillers, but I would rather wait two months. Sounds like after this run I absolutely need to give em a call. thanks CJ

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Hey there John thanks for being so informative in this thread!

I have a question to ask and figured you were the man to ask before I make a purchase.

I have a 4x10 x7 high insulated room and wanted to figure what I need to keep them cool. I will be running 2-3 600 watt enclosed hoods with a dedicated fan pulling or pushing air from inside the garage, through the lights, and outside of the garage. The PORTABLE A/C also has its own port to throw hot air outside.

Two questions.. How many BTU a/c should I go with, and second if you have any product suggestions for that BTU amount in Portable strength.

Thanks again!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey there John thanks for being so informative in this thread!

I have a question to ask and figured you were the man to ask before I make a purchase.

I have a 4x10 x7 high insulated room and wanted to figure what I need to keep them cool. I will be running 2-3 600 watt enclosed hoods with a dedicated fan pulling or pushing air from inside the garage, through the lights, and outside of the garage. The PORTABLE A/C also has its own port to throw hot air outside.

Two questions.. How many BTU a/c should I go with, and second if you have any product suggestions for that BTU amount in Portable strength.

Thanks again!

Portables suck so go overkill. You need dual hose otherwise your wasting cool air from room to cool a/c condenser and then discharging from the room. I would say a 12k unit.

S

sicinsane

hey john is this any good from ideal air? this would probably have smell leaks huh?

evu80

evu80

hey john is this any good from ideal air? this would probably have smell leaks huh?

do yourself a huge favor and the extra dough on a mini split. I strongly urge you to heed my advice especially if you're planning to use this unit in windowless room. Take it from me, 1400 dollars in units, 600 in labor, 800 in materials, tons of holes in my building, and I'm all gonna rip it all down to install a mini.

masshole61

masshole61

Hello John.
Am interested in the gavita 1000 but they aren't sold around my way, so I can't see one in action. They supposedly throw off significantly less heat. Was wondering If you had any experience cooling these lights and if so, how much cooling is required per light per light? Same as 1000W hps open bulb?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hello John.
Am interested in the gavita 1000 but they aren't sold around my way, so I can't see one in action. They supposedly throw off significantly less heat. Was wondering If you had any experience cooling these lights and if so, how much cooling is required per light per light? Same as 1000W hps open bulb?

Sorry can't help. Check with them and then add 20-25% for safety. Good luck

E

el boyo

hey john, have question on a new build/setup.. i am looking at a roughly 25'x45' room build out.. would probably start out at 16K in lights and soon bump it up to 24K. they would be open hood with ballasts outside the room. had a couple questions about sizing the ac.. do you think that a 10 ton unit would cut it for when all 24k lights were going, and is there any concerns in running a too large ac for the lights..(like if i had a 10 ton going with only 16K) i am not in cali.. summer time highs are mid 90's for maybe a week or 2...

Top Bottom