Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoomGada

DoomGada

Eastern Washington. I think we have decided to buy six window shakers for the time being, unless you think we could get away with three and circulate between rooms.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Eastern Washington. I think we have decided to buy six window shakers for the time being, unless you think we could get away with three and circulate between rooms.

Would be better if each room had its own unit.

DoomGada

DoomGada

How much drag do you thin using 6" vented would put on the fan pulling through the hoods?

DoomGada

DoomGada

It depends on how much air you want per light per minute. You will need that number and info about fan you are using to figure this out properly.
12 x 20 x 8 /3 x 5% x 8 1000 watts lights(if this is correct), i figure A 10 fan that does at least 1000cfm, we will probably have an intake fan directly across the room towards the floor

Delerium

Delerium

John do you know of a way to bypass Mitsubishi thermostat so I can hook it up to my Enviro Controller to activate it when needed.
2-30k Btu units.
I have 2 MHK-1 thermostats but I was told by Mitsibishi that the thermostat is proprietery to the Mitsubishi Air handler.
Honeywell Gateway seems like a moot point unless I add exterior thermostats and the inability to cycle between modes when setting a schedule anyway.
I'd rather control my Enviro through a VPN (pc to controller or iPhone to controller) as opposed to the gateway which is rather limited.
I watch my VPD closely.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

@CannabisJohn How's it going?
What do you think of this mini split and it's ability to keep a 12'x14' room with 6000 watts, CO2, dehuey cool?... the ballasts are not in the room. I figured 1 unit on either side of the room would work better for coverage...?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

John do you know of a way to bypass Mitsubishi thermostat so I can hook it up to my Enviro Controller to activate it when needed.
2-30k Btu units.
I have 2 MHK-1 thermostats but I was told by Mitsibishi that the thermostat is proprietery to the Mitsubishi Air handler.
Honeywell Gateway seems like a moot point unless I add exterior thermostats and the inability to cycle between modes when setting a schedule anyway.
I'd rather control my Enviro through a VPN (pc to controller or iPhone to controller) as opposed to the gateway which is rather limited.
I watch my VPD closely.

I have never looked into it. But I took a brief look. I do not see a direct way except thru Honeywell gateway. Maybe able to be done with some relays but not sure best way to do it.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

@CannabisJohn How's it going?
What do you think of this mini split and it's ability to keep a 12'x14' room with 6000 watts, CO2, dehuey cool?... the ballasts are not in the room. I figured 1 unit on either side of the room would work better for coverage...?

What mini split?

Delerium

Delerium

I have never looked into it. But I took a brief look. I do not see a direct way except thru Honeywell gateway. Maybe able to be done with some relays but not sure best way to do it.
5 pin connector connector from the Air handler to thermostat

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

12 x 20 x 8 /3 x 5% x 8 1000 watts lights(if this is correct), i figure A 10 fan that does at least 1000cfm, we will probably have an intake fan directly across the room towards the floor

By my math that is only 32 cfm per light. I am not sure that is right. I think a better way is to use not a set number but base it on incoming air temps. So what are max and min outside air temps in your area? You will need to move more air when it is hot outside and less when it is cooler. Need variable speed controllers for fans IMO.

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
Hey CJ I'm in Los Angeles and I installed a 25k window unit in a closet doorway of a 10x10 room with 4 k open hoods. It's working killer. I put a vortex fan in the ceiling of the closet to take any heat outta the closet. My question is....when I open my special door I made for the water bucket...there's no water??? Not a drop. Is that because my ac unit is overkill for such a small room? I also installed a grate in the closet floor pulling cold air from under my house for the ac. Thx

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey CJ I'm in Los Angeles and I installed a 25k window unit in a closet doorway of a 10x10 room with 4 k open hoods. It's working killer. I put a vortex fan in the ceiling of the closet to take any heat outta the closet. My question is....when I open my special door I made for the water bucket...there's no water??? Not a drop. Is that because my ac unit is overkill for such a small room? I also installed a grate in the closet floor pulling cold air from under my house for the ac. Thx

What is relative humidity in room?

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
50s with dehuey...wish it was lower

Btw it's my flower room

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
Perhaps my vortex blower I have in the ceiling pulling the heat off the backside shouldn't be on full blast. It's 450 cfm full blast in a tiny coat closet lol. I guarantee there's no heat in there. Perhaps it's pulling the water out as well?

Top Bottom