Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I don't know how hot it will get we just built it in the spring so it really hasn't got hot yet but we are in the IE area so it is hot. it's supposed to be close to 110 next week. I would really like to keep it below 90.

I'm not sure if that's enough a/c. Start with that.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

We will try it and see what happens if that doesn't do it I bet a third will

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I will it might be a lil bit before we get it all going we just chopped the place but it is going to happen. Thanks

sixstring

sixstring

@CannabisJohn i been doing alot of reading on the mitsu split systems,i keep seeing the spec sheets where it shows the ceiling cassets having a higher btu rating for both heating and cooling.so i guess im wondering if there are any advantages to using those over the standard wall mount heads? idk if i like the idea of having the water lines up on my ceilings,plus how hard are they to clean/maintain vs the wall units? i need 2 x 36k btu plus at least 18k for the veg room.im just not liking the cost of 3 of these units lol. i saw where you had mentioned the fujitsu systems being decent also,are they just a quiet as the mitsu's? i just saw a 36k mitsu in person and i was floored at how quiet the outside unit was.
one of my patients is a hvac guy and is pressing my hard to get a sanyo because his supply house sells them lol.

blazer

blazer

Cassette type are a pain to work on would say wall hung are much easier to access for service or repair
I personally use Fujitsu, the inverter units are all super quiet super stealthy
When we started putting mini-splits in small server rooms we used primarily Sanyo which were Solid units but then we switched to Fujitsu for price purposes haven't touched a Sanyo in like 10 yrs so couldn't give an current account of Sanyo but was an solid unit when I was installing them very seldom we would have trouble calls on them
Price is the Killer on the Invertor Mini-splits but you get what you pay for sometimes don't go with a knock off
Proper installation is Key also

sixstring

sixstring

well i guess i need to read up on fuji's now haha.thanks for the reply blazer.wish i was up north chuckin flies in the jordan river but i have some wiring to do on my irrigation job so we stayed home.your avi is making me wish i woulda went up though lol.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

@CannabisJohn i been doing alot of reading on the mitsu split systems,i keep seeing the spec sheets where it shows the ceiling cassets having a higher btu rating for both heating and cooling.so i guess im wondering if there are any advantages to using those over the standard wall mount heads? idk if i like the idea of having the water lines up on my ceilings,plus how hard are they to clean/maintain vs the wall units? i need 2 x 36k btu plus at least 18k for the veg room.im just not liking the cost of 3 of these units lol. i saw where you had mentioned the fujitsu systems being decent also,are they just a quiet as the mitsu's? i just saw a 36k mitsu in person and i was floored at how quiet the outside unit was.
one of my patients is a hvac guy and is pressing my hard to get a sanyo because his supply house sells them lol.

Ceiling cassettes are a pain. Don't buy Fujitsu online. They will not have an warranty. You must buy them from a valid distribution place. Local HVAC wholesaler. IMO Fujistu and Mitsubushi are the same in quality and warranty. Both are very quiet also. Not familiar with Sanyo.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I just paid 1900 w/ Line set but I only pay cost. My ol man's company buys alot of equipment. Watch out paying cash at the supply house those thieves at sigler tried to say I never paid for a unit and then said the cash got lost after i found my receipt

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Yeah it was something like that and we got some 2.5's also but I forget what they cost I think they were like 2200 w/o line sets. That is wholesale pricing though unless you have a buddy you will probably pay more

sumerianak

sumerianak

i have a closed room that needs a intake/outlet of air, i was wondering if it was best to go through the window or if i should make a hole through the door.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Here's the scoop ladies and gentlemen. Fujistu and Mitshushi are the same in quality and warranty. 7 years on compressor and 5 years on parts. Most other brands of mini splits have maybe 5 years on compressor and 1 year parts. Also both of those brands have similar high seer ratings depending on model numbers. LG has same warranty but has too many problems IMO. I love York for larger commercial units. Dont be fooled Daikin is just garbage Goodman rebranded. Actually Daikin bought them out but the product is still the same junk last time I installed it 2 months ago. Unfortunately budget dictates too much when we buy HVAC units. Stay away from the brands saying they are geared towards our industry. In most cases they have low seer ratings, expensive, and all around less than stellar units. Of course all this doesn't apply to every single unit ever installed. Every body produces a lemon or problem unit once in a while. With the good units it happens way less and a lot of times it's caused by the installer. For the most part you get what you pay for in equipment and installers.
I'm sure you said it before, but can you please remind me on your opinion of multi-zone splits vs singles?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
If the outdoor unit goes out then all zones are down. Which maybe different rooms. If each room had its own unit then only one room would be done
Interested on your opinion on package units. Carrier vs York. I'm finding in the commercial market it's harder to find replacement parts for York units also I'm seeing newer York units are having more failures then Carrier. Carrier units have had a better record as far as failure but a lot of problems with leaks when installed from roof top. Also we just had 18 new package units delivered from the factory and most of all the units that were on the bottom of the stack (shipped 2 high) were damaged from the factory from forklift forks.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Interested on your opinion on package units. Carrier vs York. I'm finding in the commercial market it's harder to find replacement parts for York units also I'm seeing newer York units are having more failures then Carrier. Carrier units have had a better record as far as failure but a lot of problems with leaks when installed from roof top. Also we just had 18 new package units delivered from the factory and most of all the units that were on the bottom of the stack (shipped 2 high) were damaged from the factory from forklift forks.

I'm a York guy but I don't have problems getting parts. So it maybe where you are located causing the problems getting parts.

Doc G

Doc G

Hey i was wondering if someone could share their expertise. I have a 2.5 ton LG mini split for cooling a 11x11x8 room with (4) d/e open fixtures will max out @ 1k at best due to ceilings. Will be supplementing with either a few LEDS and or couple of CMH's or maybe one more D/E open fixture in the middle.

My concerns are major temp flux. When the a/c is set to 66-68 degrees f/h, the room gets cooled down to about 70, Thats at 100% power with just the 4 fixtures and supplemental LEDs. Soon as the a/c kicks in and cools the room down i hikes back up to 80 with in 5-10 minutes tops.

Is this or could it be detrimental to the plants, to much stress from constant temp flux during flowering?

As well as seems to be a bigger work load on the a/c unit, it's an inverter style.

Any suggestions please would greatly appreciate advisement from those with knowledge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom