Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I think most indoor rooms have quite a bit of temp fluxuation with low ceilings and open hoods. Unless your ac ran non stop, it is going to get hot fast directly under the lights. I have never had a problem with stress that I know of. Our rooms are all open hood with 8' ceilings. We have 2-4 ton air handlers and the rooms do the same thing when the ac cycles.
If your ac has a inverter it should not come off and on. My mini splits rarely shut off completely. They just idle down to nothing. Maybe Cannabisjohn will no more

Doc G

Doc G

Correct it doesn't cut off completely, as you stated it just idles down to nothing. Thanks for chiming in brodie..

on another note.. assuming u run in the evening/night. Whats you day & night temp difference for your rooms.

I ask because due to the summer my -/+ temp diff. will probably be around 0 maybe -5 if I'm lucky but honestly expecting +5

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Correct it doesn't cut off completely, as you stated it just idles down to nothing. Thanks for chiming in brodie..

on another note.. assuming u run in the evening/night. Whats you day & night temp difference for your rooms.

I ask because due to the summer my -/+ temp diff. will probably be around 0 maybe -5 if I'm lucky but honestly expecting +5

Keep in mind that room temp is not as important as canopy temperture. If your room is insulated properly you should still get at least 5 degree differtential between lights on and off. Off being 5 degrees cooler.

Doc G

Doc G

Keep in mind that room temp is not as important as canopy temperture. If your room is insulated properly you should still get at least 5 degree differtential between lights on and off. Off being 5 degrees cooler.

If i run ac lights off then i can easily get 5 degrees cooler... room stays between 70-80 lights off with no a/c running. When the lights are off its still 90 degrees outside usually and sometimes 100.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I try to keep my rooms between 74-78. With the open hoods and 8' ceilings it is impossible to keep it perfect. I set my thermostat at 68-72 depending on outdoor temp. The thermostat is mounted on the wall so it keeps it around 76-80 in the canopy. I bet the tall colas that get close to the light are closer to 85, and they are usually ok. The rooms drop to 70ish when the lights are out.
I am messing around with night time and morning time temps to control stretching and tighter node spacing. I don't know if it will change much but we'll see

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

If i run ac lights off then i can easily get 5 degrees cooler... room stays between 70-80 lights off with no a/c running. When the lights are off its still 90 degrees outside usually and sometimes 100.

I'm talking about using your a/c and the temp difference I'm talking about is in room only.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I agree I don't know how you get a window mount to cool beyond its capacity. If the coil temp drops below freezing it will just ice up.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I'm a York guy but I don't have problems getting parts. So it maybe where you are located causing the problems getting parts.
Portland Oregun, the problem with the York units is product failure and the lack of replacement parts in general. These problems stem from package units not splits.

Doc G

Doc G

I'm talking about using your a/c and the temp difference I'm talking about is in room only.

Won't lie I'm not 100% sure but i think i get what you saying. Maybe my room isn't insulated all the way properly.
I can't all the way say how much of a temp diff i get because i have only ran testings. I have yet to fully flip the switch.. coming soon enough though.

Doc G

Doc G

Thanks for your help CJ, and 1d1 i haven't been apart of this community much but i believe i will more often especially when things get up and running.

Doc G

Doc G

So speculating some other ideas that i had to possibly help with cooling.

Should i add exhaust with big HEPA filtered intakes? or would this create to much negative pressure?

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I put a new 3.5 ton carrier system in my house last summer and the condenser squeaks every time it shuts off. It has done it since brand new. My service tech buddy didn't help me much. It sounds like a belt slipping for about 1 second just when it shuts off. I know there is no belt in there. Any ideas? System works fine other then that

sixstring

sixstring

are ya sure its not just the housing/case making the noise from vibration ?

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I don't think so. It runs smooth. It sounds internal. I have never heard a condenser squeak like this one does

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I put a new 3.5 ton carrier system in my house last summer and the condenser squeaks every time it shuts off. It has done it since brand new. My service tech buddy didn't help me much. It sounds like a belt slipping for about 1 second just when it shuts off. I know there is no belt in there. Any ideas? System works fine other then that

That's weird. Probably refrigerant pressures equalizing

blazer

blazer

Is it a heat pump?

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

No. I have a furnace. I was wondering if it is the txv chattering when the unit shuts off. I did not run a new line set but I flushed the shit out of it and the blew it out with nitrogen. I hate using old line sets but it was a shitty deal

Latest posts

Top Bottom