Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali clouds

Cali clouds

My buddy thought the same thing about the pressures but it is loud and odd it is the only one anyone has ever heard do it

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I put a new 3.5 ton carrier system in my house last summer and the condenser squeaks every time it shuts off. It has done it since brand new. My service tech buddy didn't help me much. It sounds like a belt slipping for about 1 second just when it shuts off. I know there is no belt in there. Any ideas? System works fine other then that
Just bought a 4 ton Carrier and it does the same thing. Is it a package unit?

blazer

blazer

No. I have a furnace. I was wondering if it is the txv chattering when the unit shuts off. I did not run a new line set but I flushed the shit out of it and the blew it out with nitrogen. I hate using old line sets but it was a shitty deal
Prob pressures equalizing through the compressor valves hard guess

sixstring

sixstring

11,400.00 for a 4 ton and a 3 ton Fujitsu mini split with 3 heads on both units sound about right @CannabisJohn just for the equipment? Both units are heat pumps.

But im now leaning towards just installing a conventional furnace and ac 4 ton and then a 3 ton ac with just a air handler because i can get all that shit in high seer for about half the price.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

11,400.00 for a 4 ton and a 3 ton Fujitsu mini split with 3 heads on both units sound about right @CannabisJohn just for the equipment? Both units are heat pumps.

But im now leaning towards just installing a conventional furnace and ac 4 ton and then a 3 ton ac with just a air handler because i can get all that shit in high seer for about half the price.

Haven't priced Fujitsu lately.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I would be careful. Longer wire may change the accuracy of the probe

Damn, I was hoping to put the unit behind a wall, and run the temp sensor on the other side, about 3' max. Wonder if the sensor wire is shielded.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

why would you run a gavita at 750? DE's should be run at 1150 for the majority of flower. The last three weeks you can dim em down to simulate fall conditions.

Als DE's are designed to not be air cooled.

6000BTU/1000W
6,900BTU/ DE 1150W

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
You realize they make a 750/600 Gavita right? Did I say anything about being air cooled?

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

I would go with the 6000btu/1kW to be on the safe side and to prolong the life of your AC

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
How many BTU's do you guys suggest per 750 watt Gavita or SolisTek? Or any DE for that matter I guess... I'm setting up a few rooms with 16 SolisTek A1's running at 750....
I run 4- 1000w gavitas. Started the grow with a 3.5 ton Mitsubishi split. It could keep up during general flower. End of flower when I drop temp no good. Replaced with 4 ton package unit best mistake I ever made. Always over kill your HVAC !!

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I'm installing three 30k units per room... I guess time will tell lol. If I have to install another unit, no biggie.

Top Bottom