Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

John would tell you not to put the condenser in a room,it should be outside
You don't want to size ac for the cold months.lots of guys do put the condenser indoors,does not mean it's a good idea.but I understand sometimes you gotta hide what's going on.it needs to have good airflow.if it's in a room making that room 90f or more it won't last as long as it should but it can be done.

Last edited:
N

nicolajanjak

for cold month i guess is possible. i see other do it with success

sixstring

sixstring

Friend of mine runs a window shaker in side his "lung room" and yes it works but it's almost unbearable in that room.so plan some good venting for it and it might be ok.if you can put it where nobody can see it outside they are extremely quiet running so most times it won't even be noticed.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've been rocking portable ac for 6 yrs now. I can get mine to work great w/o any issues.

DO NOT BUY the dualnhose active air portable ac. Utter and I mean utter garbage.

N

nicolajanjak

i cant put it outside.
but i have seen guys that put outdoor unit inside a room half opened. for discretion

but thanks for your advice

N

nicolajanjak

Friend of mine runs a window shaker in side his "lung room" and yes it works but it's almost unbearable in that room.so plan some good venting for it and it might be ok.if you can put it where nobody can see it outside they are extremely quiet running so most times it won't even be noticed.

thanks for your help. does your friend living in a hot climate ?

N

nicolajanjak

No here in michigan.but it's in the basement.granted the thing does keep his flower room cool he has to vent the lung room all spring summer and fall.
ok.
so in winter he doesnt need to vent ? because off cold temp ?

i have as small room of 3.5x15 feet with 2 windows. if its between 30 to 50 farenheit outside, do you think i works if i put the outdoor unit inside

ps: with opened windows of course

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

ok.
so in winter he doesnt need to vent ? because off cold temp ?

i have as small room of 3.5x15 feet with 2 windows. if its between 30 to 50 farenheit outside, do you think i works if i put the outdoor unit inside

ps: with opened windows of course

I would use a fan or two to move air in and out of room thru window.

odirt

odirt

John I have a question . I’m in New England been cold lately. I have a 28000 btu Frigidaire window shaker. It was purchased this summer and work fine up till November. Now I hadn’t used it in 2-3 months. Today I just try to turn it on and no air coming out at all. The fan motor isn’t moving bye the looks of things. Question is can it freeze up without me using it. It’s on a third floor window so access to back of it is difficult without a 30 foot ladder. Fucking thing was 800$, I should of just bought a 3 ton mini split . Any advice I would be appreciated. I don’t need it for a cpl months but it’s driving me crazy not know y it won’t blow. Kinda like my ex girlfriend. Hint y she my ex. Lol

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

John I have a question . I’m in New England been cold lately. I have a 28000 btu Frigidaire window shaker. It was purchased this summer and work fine up till November. Now I hadn’t used it in 2-3 months. Today I just try to turn it on and no air coming out at all. The fan motor isn’t moving bye the looks of things. Question is can it freeze up without me using it. It’s on a third floor window so access to back of it is difficult without a 30 foot ladder. Fucking thing was 800$, I should of just bought a 3 ton mini split . Any advice I would be appreciated. I don’t need it for a cpl months but it’s driving me crazy not know y it won’t blow. Kinda like my ex girlfriend. Hint y she my ex. Lol
It could be cold enough to have problems starting. I would try it when the weather warms up and pray like hell it works. Until it warms up (above 50F at least) leave it off.

odirt

odirt

It could be cold enough to have problems starting. I would try it when the weather warms up and pray like hell it works. Until it warms up (above 50F at least) leave it off.
Thanks for the reply, and this crazy weather in New England yesterday in 20’s today in 50’s. I’m crossing my fingers and heading there now

odirt

odirt

Thanks for the reply, and this crazy weather in New England yesterday in 20’s today in 50’s. I’m crossing my fingers and heading there now
It’s did work high of 53 today. Ha I’m not use to things going my way. This was awesome lol

MI.Woody

MI.Woody

Ok cool. Big investment. Is there issues you have seen with portable units that have ducts? Seems to be a cheaper route if it works.
leaks on floor, empty pans often and/or well installed drainage. I went 30' to exhaust point and it worked hard. I replaced it and a window unit with 36k BTU mini split and it keeps up easily with avg $100/month less.

C

Crawfordler

I need help choosing a mini split for my new grow op(insulated 24x24 detached garage). Turning one half of it into a flower room(roughly 22x11 room) with 8 to 10 315w cmh/lec lights. The 2nd half will be a multi purpose+veg room with a pair of T5 fixtures.

I've been told i need units in the range of 18k btu all the way up to 36k... Also should i look into dual zone units for having heads in each half of the garage, 1 for veg/misc room and 1 for flower room? OR just 1 in flower?

I currently work in an op with 20 315w lec's, cooled by a 2.5ton Mr. Slim. Granted it's in a cool basement AND the flower rooms are passively cooled from a neighboring room where the mini split head is located. And not to digress but there are a few problems with that design. So I kinda feel like it's apples and oranges compared to what I want to do here.

I'm in Michigan where summers are hot and winters are COLD. Any advice /opinions would be appreciated!

Also shout out to @CannabisJohn for the wealth of knowledge and info articulated here!

Last edited:
Top Bottom