Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I need help choosing a mini split for my new grow op(insulated 24x24 detached garage). Turning one half of it into a flower room(roughly 22x11 room) with 8 to 10 315w cmh/lec lights. The 2nd half will be a multi purpose+veg room with a pair of T5 fixtures.

I've been told i need units in the range of 18k btu all the way up to 36k... Also should i look into dual zone units for having heads in each half of the garage, 1 for veg/misc room and 1 for flower room? OR just 1 in flower?

I currently work in an op with 20 315w lec's, cooled by a 2.5ton Mr. Slim. Granted it's in a cool basement AND the flower rooms are passively cooled from a neighboring room where the mini split head is located. And not to digress but there are a few problems with that design. So I kinda feel like it's apples and oranges compared to what I want to do here.

I'm in Michigan where summers are hot and winters are COLD. Any advice /opinions would be appreciated!

Also shout out to @CannabisJohn for the wealth of knowledge and info articulated here!
Look for a 2 ton dual zone Mr Slim. Or get a 2 ton single zone. Put air handler in flower and use 2 themrostatically controlled fans in wall between rooms. Use these fans to remove hot air and add cool air from flower to veg room. 2nd option is probably cheapest

straincreation

straincreation

Okay so i just setup a garage gonna run 6 lights (gavitas) ill have a dehumidifier, and 6 fans running. 2 inline 4 oscilating so im figuring a 30,000 btu ti fill this i have r13 on all walls but only have about an inch inna half if roam insulation on the ceiling.i plan to bring in a 14k btu portable for back up during the hot months in socal. Just to back it up.

So my question is what is the best manufacturer for its ticket value, i see a million different ones and alot with good ratings, but prices vary by hundreds of dollars. So if you can point me in the most effecient direction thatd be great thanks.

Also i need a havc guy in LA if anyone is aound here. My guy wont be here for two weeks! And we need to get setup asap

straincreation

straincreation

Im looking for a mini split manufacturer, i got the portable covered. Thanks again

Freshone

Freshone

Id go with a 36k btu mitsubishi mr slim myself,the little extra will come in handy when its 110 and will probably be pretty much the same or close on electrical as the 30,000btu.PM cannabis john hes the best installer for so cal and gets good deals on equipment too.

straincreation

straincreation

Id go with a 36k btu mitsubishi mr slim myself,the little extra will come in handy when its 110 and will probably be pretty much the same or close on electrical as the 30,000btu.PM cannabis john hes the best installer for so cal and gets good deals on equipment too.
Awesome thanks, i was gonna wait till i got a respinse from him to ask ,but if you are reffering ill wait till the morn and give him a message. Thanks again bro, i have two five tons but havent dealt with mini splits

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Awesome thanks, i was gonna wait till i got a respinse from him to ask ,but if you are reffering ill wait till the morn and give him a message. Thanks again bro, i have two five tons but havent dealt with mini splits

3 ton Mr Slim is a great choice.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I'm in the very preliminary phases of planning for a grow room in my un-airconditioned (heating or cooling) unfinished cellar. I'm in new england so it gets to a low 50s in the dead of winter and low 80s in the heat of the summer. I'm currently running a 4x8 tent with 1000w (from the wall) of COBs and I'm planning on going up to maybe 1500 wall watts. The room size would be 14' wide by up to 20' long (probably much less). Note: There are no windows available for external venting, i'm also building this room within a very large open cellar. I would also like to control humidity as well.

what would everyone recommend.

planesane

planesane

Hello, I am in need of some help with increasing my humidity in my garden. I have 10 1000w lights and 5ton heatpump air conditioner. I have a problem in early bloom with humidity being too low. when I run a 80 F canopy my humidity can drop as low as 27%. when the 5 ton kicks on it just sucks all the moisture out. my question is, is there a humidifier that I can hook up to the ac that will put enough moisture in the air to maintain 65% RH?

planesane

planesane

Hello, I am in need of some help with increasing my humidity in my garden. I have 10 1000w lights and 5ton heatpump air conditioner. I have a problem in early bloom with humidity being too low. when I run a 80 F canopy my humidity can drop as low as 27%. when the 5 ton kicks on it just sucks all the moisture out. my question is, is there a humidifier that I can hook up to the ac that will put enough moisture in the air to maintain 65% RH?

Just to inform. i purchased a 12 disc xl and 6 disc from HOH. I am going with the home made fogger that many have made here. the plan is the 12 disc xl is for my 10 lights with 5 ton, and 6 disc for my 4 light veg with 2ton mini split. I am willing to purchase a more expensive unit in the future but for now i need humidity in two rooms and i need it now lol. If anyone has a 5 ton please post what u humidify with.

P

Peace trees

Hi. I'm building a new grow room

It's 26 by 16
I'm running 18 double ended lights 1000 watt and all the bells and whistles that go with that

I'm in SoCal. How much cooling do I need? Should I go with mini splits or split ac.

I'm leaning toward split ac. What brands are the best??

Thanks

sixstring

sixstring

Hi. I'm building a new grow room

It's 26 by 16
I'm running 18 double ended lights 1000 watt and all the bells and whistles that go with that

I'm in SoCal. How much cooling do I need? Should I go with mini splits or split ac.

I'm leaning toward split ac. What brands are the best??

Thanks
Calls for 9 tons ac or 8 minimum but if it was me 9 tons.so 3 x 3 ton minisplit or for conventional a 5 ton and a 4 ton. Mitsubishi are the best mini splits,Lennox,Trane,carrier are good conventionals,I run good man for about 6 years now no issues with grow room conditions.

P

Peace trees

Awesome. Thanks for the replay. I was thinking a 5 ton and a 4 ton conventional also. I've only ever run mini splits though. What do you think is better? What are you running?? I was also thinking of running a 5 ton conventional plus two mini splits cause I don't have much room for two big units. What do you think???

Thanks

sixstring

sixstring

I run a conventional system.looking at my costs it was going to be about 12k to do what I wanted plus here in Michigan the minisplit suck ass for heating so that was a major turnoff for me.i still may add a 3 ton minisplit now with no heat just 2 heads to help in flower room during summer.might be cheaper to run a 3 ton mini instead of my 4 ton.

Stev3

Stev3

Pretty sure someone asked this already, too many pages to read through. I just bought a Pre-charged Senville 36000k Mini split and I would like to know if I have to vacuum the lines after installation or it is not needed.... thanks!

Freshone

Freshone

Pretty sure someone asked this already, too many pages to read through. I just bought a Pre-charged Senville 36000k Mini split and I would like to know if I have to vacuum the lines after installation or it is not needed.... thanks!
Yes you do!There are a few minis out there that come with sealed linesets that you supposedly dont need to purge but they are junk for the most part.Pre charged just means the charge is already in the unit but you must first purge the lineset with nitrogen and a deep vacume before releasing the refrigerant into them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom