Grow Room Electrical

• Thread starter hiboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

In Canada it's not worth it unless your gonna go balls deep and even then your likely to get caught.
Yeah tbh its not worth it anywhere, if your caught especially if you work in the industry but it is difficult to b caught unless you are drawing some serious power like 3000w in a densely populated area they'll never notice 10000W then yeah but they can only tell from dips in the lines and if they losing 3000w over 1000-5000 homes almost impossible to pin point in my opinion, i just wanted to see how many people still do it my power bills fuck all so wouldnt be worth it either. One of my friends ran a house that was 9000w +/- 1000W for 4 years and was fine

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah tbh its not worth it anywhere, if your caught especially if you work in the industry but it is difficult to b caught unless you are drawing some serious power like 3000w in a densely populated area they'll never notice 10000W then yeah but they can only tell from dips in the lines and if they losing 3000w over 1000-5000 homes almost impossible to pin point in my opinion, i just wanted to see how many people still do it my power bills fuck all so wouldnt be worth it either. One of my friends ran a house that was 9000w +/- 1000W for 4 years and was fine
Lol sounds like you gonna be getting free power.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Also years ago they use to hire people to find people drawing the power but now they trust in their equipment installed and trust for people in industry with the knowledge not to do it

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nah probably not to be honest maybe in the future as im moving next year, what do you average per week on your power bill for your grow
No idea my wife pays the bills ours is gas and electric together prob about $250. But we are on a plan so they just average it and adjust if it's different. She never complains about it.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Every one in industrys doin it to heat there familys n shit why cant me girls live rent free ;) Haven't done it n years since my house now has difficult set up :( just wondering what % of growers do it hahah few years ago everyone i knew that had a grow did it changing now that leds coming out
With it being legal now a days why risk it ? New my lights pull about $1.60 a day!

basscaptain

basscaptain

Most everyone that I know pays there reg bill and there grows are Free.....................................................................
Most everyone 1 know that run lights are old school and run old sckool.... No Led.. But I think that will change too.....
Have a Great Day:)

Galvatron

Galvatron

"Back in the day," you could put a large magnet on the power meter and it would stop "spinning!" Useful, for example, when doing loads of laundry. (Electric hot water heater and electric dryer uses a lot of power.) Just remember to take it off.
Now, the meters are "networked" so the power company knows how much power you are using at any given moment. Hmmm, approximately 1000 watt load for 18 hours a day suddenly going to 12 hours a day, for a couple months. If power draw suddenly drops to zero, huge flag!!!
Bypassing the meter is not a good idea either. Too much "Rock and Roll" to mess with!
When electrical devices are turned on or off, there is a specific signature on the line. If they wanted to, they could tell what you are using and when. There are ways around this but I don't think the power company really cares as long as you are paying the bill.
On a side note. I live in a small neighborhood where most residents have gas. I do not. I keep getting notices from the power company that I'm using over 100% more power than my neighbors. That's with 1 1000 watt HID. (Plus electric heat, cooling, oven, dryer, water heater.
Just pay the utility and avoid the stress.

basscaptain

basscaptain

back in the day we/i had a friend that worked for SDG&E so we got tags for x-mass:) so we would run 18 days up and 12 days down/flip and just tag the meter every month:)....

basscaptain

basscaptain

On a side note. I live in a small neighborhood where most residents have gas. I do not. I keep getting notices from the power company that I'm using over 100% more power than my neighbors. That's with 1 1000 watt HID. (Plus electric heat, cooling, oven, dryer, water heater.

LOL I use to get those in Victorville... 100% BS everyone around me is running there ac's all summer and I NEVER USED MINE................ Swamp cooler for me..... I'm running all leds and everyone else is use old school foold light and etc........................... So BS on there notes......................................

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
When I lived in California in the late 70's we'd flip the meter at night and it would run in reverse. I could heat the wires on lead star that they used to crimp the wire around the meter ring and pull it out, unscrew the ring pull it off then flip the meter so at night they paid us to heat our home. In the morning I'd put it the right way around. Until we/they got caught, we should have used more power at the end of one billing cycle they owed us money according to the kw used. That didn't go over well. Disconnected , charged with theft of electricity and tampering with the meter. We d never did have to pay the consequences we ( my girlfriend and I ) moved out of the state & up to Canada never to here from them again. lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When I lived in California in the late 70's we'd flip the meter at night and it would run in reverse. I could heat the wires on lead star that they used to crimp the wire around the meter ring and pull it out, unscrew the ring pull it off then flip the meter so at night they paid us to heat our home. In the morning I'd put it the right way around. Until we/they got caught, we should have used more power at the end of one billing cycle they owed us money according to the kw used. That didn't go over well. Disconnected , charged with theft of electricity and tampering with the meter. We d never did have to pay the consequences we ( my girlfriend and I ) moved out of the state & up to Canada never to here from them again. lol
I didn't know you were a fugitive haha

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I didn't know you were a fugitive haha
Ya, I doubt there would even be a record of it anymore. 40+ years and they didn't have computers then so I think I'm good. I was a bad bugger in my youth in Canada and got myself in trouble when I was in my 20's. I was doing some volunteer work here and had to get a record check done I thought for sure I was fked but it came back clear I apparently I never did time. Must have been a bad dream but I remember the bars, somethings amiss here.
I haven't been to California now in 30+ years, I miss it a lot especially in the winter. I loved the winter in Central Cal, San Louis Obisbo, Morrow Bay, Pismo beach, Los Ososos and such.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ya, I doubt there would even be a record of it anymore. 40+ years and they didn't have computers then so I think I'm good. I was a bad bugger in my youth in Canada and got myself in trouble when I was in my 20's. I was doing some volunteer work here and had to get a record check done I thought for sure I was fked but it came back clear I apparently I never did time. Must have been a bad dream but I remember the bars, somethings amiss here.
I haven't been to California now in 30+ years, I miss it a lot especially in the winter. I loved the winter in Central Cal, San Louis Obisbo, Morrow Bay, Pismo beach, Los Ososos and such.
I bet... Hard to decide. Nice warm beach? Or shovel 6 feet of snow just to have the snowplow come by and block your fucking drive off after you finish... Hmmm lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I bet... Hard to decide. Nice warm beach? Or shovel 6 feet of snow just to have the snowplow come by and block your fucking drive off after you finish... Hmmm lol
Well no not really like that. I was a snowback you see and from Vancouver there's not too much snow to deal with and I was rather mobile the time. We ended up in Hawaii before the snow ever fell & spent the winter there before going back to BC in the Spring to have my baby boy & I've been grounded ever since. Except of course the obligated 2 weeks south during Spring breaks.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well no not really like that. I was a snowback you see and from Vancouver there's not too much snow to deal with and I was rather mobile the time. We ended up in Hawaii before the snow ever fell & spent the winter there before going back to BC in the Spring to have my baby boy & I've been grounded ever since. Except of course the obligated 2 weeks south during Spring breaks.
Now some 40 years later I now live in a cold grey place except for the 4 months of not dreary that comes in June and leaves in November. How I got here hating the cold? I just keep shaking my head wtf did I do? Happier now than ever before but still wondering Htfk I ended up here.

Top Bottom