Grow Room Electrical

• Thread starter hiboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
thats why people pay there reg bill... and jump the meter run to a 200 amp panel with a cut off switch right before it .......
Not that I would ever have the balls to hook 1 up but I have been told what's up ....... Lmafo
As long as your not grounded and your not trying to hook up something that has load on it your good to go. Always remember though when In doubt lift the opposite foot off the ground ( if you're touching with your right hand lift your left leg ) that prevents a short circuit across your heart and goes straight down your leg, still a zap but you'll live through it if you do get tagged bad.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

thats why people pay there reg bill... and jump the meter run to a 200 amp panel with a cut off switch right before it .......
Not that I would ever have the balls to hook 1 up but I have been told what's up ....... Lmafo
Yeah used to be way easier too nowadays have to cut into live wire in most places

GRAPEGODaero

GRAPEGODaero

Im pulling about 45kw at my grow and using online calculator ill run about 1200-1500 per month in electricity. At .059 per kwh. Guess thats pretty decent price.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Im pulling about 45kw at my grow and using online calculator ill run about 1200-1500 per month in electricity. At .059 per kwh. Guess thats pretty decent price.
0.059 per kwh? That's less than 1/3 my costs for electricity. I'm at 0.15 + 15% tax per kwh So ya you have a great price. My 1000w flower + my 200w veg + fans = $100.00 / month

dollardos

dollardos

Post any questions for electrical advice here.
hb
Do you recommend these there priced lower than ones I’ve seen at Hydro shops
And do you have a link on construction of a grid where I can lower and raise lights at once I’m gonna have 20 lights in my space
562EFE49 1A2B 4C1F 8EB2 8170B07926C7

dollardos

dollardos

I'm sorry bud .I just figured since you are so knowledgeable that you might know that was a reputable brand.
Thanks guys I’m really struggling with this decision I want to go CMH to reduce heat my budget is not that great I believe the fixture are all the same plug in a good bulb and boom it’s on 😂 or maybe not

visajoe1

visajoe1

Can you run a 4 x 4 tent with led lights fan filter , small fan , ect on a 15 amp breaker
Just to add on to this; know your circuits. There may be other items on it you're plugging into (hallway lights, tv, bathroom, microwave!, etc). You need to add up all the amps of items on the circuit before proceeding to ensure safety. You may need to reconfigure electrical loads on a couple circuits.

How do you check? Flip breakers on/off at the panel and then test which receptacles are live. If they are already tagged, confirm them. Be safe.

Badgeradventures

Badgeradventures

Just to add on to this; know your circuits. There may be other items on it you're plugging into (hallway lights, tv, bathroom, microwave!, etc). You need to add up all the amps of items on the circuit before proceeding to ensure safety. You may need to reconfigure electrical loads on a couple circuits.

How do you check? Flip breakers on/off at the panel and then test which receptacles are live. If they are already tagged, confirm them. Be safe.
I was going run new breakers to them so I would that the only thing on it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
15 amps ballpark 1500 watts max. fans are low watt so is the led stay below 1500 w alls good go above you could trip breakers or heat up the wires. If you have space in the panel and are considering up grading you could pull a 3 wire and run 2 -15 amp circuits.

Badgeradventures

Badgeradventures

15 amps ballpark 1500 watts max. fans are low watt so is the led stay below 1500 w alls good go above you could trip breakers or heat up the wires. If you have space in the panel and are considering up grading you could pull a 3 wire and run 2 -15 amp circuits.
I think that's I well do .
Thanks for the advice

GrowinDownUnda

GrowinDownUnda

Gday. Quick rundown im thinkin bout settin meself up a grow tent running cpl 600w mh/hps cpl inline fans an water chiller an cpl other bits an pcs. Heres me problem im in an older house so dunno if the wiring and pwr board/sub panel will be able to handle the load of it all. The circuit thats available in the area is a 15amp and has a 700L fridge on the same circuit Im from aus if that makes any differenc heres a cpl pics..
Had someone tell me i shld never set up a grw room as me wiring is to old
20200220 232729
20200220 232750
20200220 232712

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have separate isolated breakers for each of my tents. Mine is over-kill. Each line is 10 gauge and has two 20 amp duplex outlets and 20 amp breakers. Why 10 gauge? I had some left over from another project ... It's rated for 30 amp so it's more than up to the task.

Latest posts

Top Bottom