Grow Room Set Up

• Thread starter Wurz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Wurz

Hi all, just starting out and and building grow room in loft , my plan was to have one room 1.2x1.4x2.0 with 600w light, a good filter. Would I need an air intake fan for something this small or just ducting ran to an outside vent? Was gonna put 6 plants in soil and was wondering if there's a good way of auto watering / giving them nutrients ?? Any design tips would be appreciated, if first one goes well I have room to make anouther room same size possibly have a veg room n flowering room if anyone has any designs like this also. Thanks

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

You can use a water pump submerged in a nutrient reservoir. Run a 1in hose from the pump and use a stopper on the open end... Then just run 1/8 in hose from the main line and attach drippers... I would suggest drippers that have a rate of 0.5gph. Hook the pump to a timer and water for 15-30 mins a day. Water by hand tho when they are young... Once they are a foot to two foot tall usz the drippers... You can easily find dripper system plans on the net... Juqt google " diy automated drip system" but i will warn you. Drippers are notorious for clogging so make sure to check the drippers often if You go this route.

W

Wurz

Hi all, just starting out and and building grow room in loft , my plan was to have one room 1.2 square with 600w light, a good filter. Would I need an air intake fan for something this small or just ducting ran to an outside vent? Was gonna put 6 plants in soil and was wondering if there's a good way of auto watering / giving them nutrients ?? Any design tips would be appreciated, if first one goes well I have room to make anouther room same size possibly have a veg room n flowering room if anyone has any designs like this also. Thanks
You can use a water pump submerged in a nutrient reservoir. Run a 1in hose from the pump and use a stopper on the open end... Then just run 1/8 in hose from the main line and attach drippers... I would suggest drippers that have a rate of 0.5gph. Hook the pump to a timer and water for 15-30 mins a day. Water by hand tho when they are young... Once they are a foot to two foot tall usz the drippers... You can easily find dripper system plans on the net... Juqt google " diy automated drip system" but i will warn you. Drippers are notorious for clogging so make sure to check the drippers often if You go this route.

Ok great thanks for that I shall google it and have a look

Top Bottom