Grow Tent Cooler When Full?

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

ya water displaces heat much more efficient then air so ya what everyone else said its cooler cuz of the humidity going up with more plants coupled with that hot humid air being vented out of there.....i love my tents too i just wish the walls wouldn suck in so much with neg pressure ya know what i mean?

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

The notion that we are creating a little micro climate in our garden is pretty fucking cool.

outwest
Right!?!? It's like a little jungle with mini trees (not too mini tho), hopefully no harmful little creatures in there.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

the plants are transpirating, in turn cooling the air, like gator said.

Thats weird how humidity makes it feel hotter, but it actually cools the air. Now I know why I'm not a meteorologist.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

well its not necessarily cooling the air by itself the fan that kicks on when its too hot displaces that hot humid air and with more plants it will be more humid which in turn would cool room more than with less plants and less humidity which means less heat displacement when fan kicks in.... i think im know expert on the subject just observant i wonder how it would work if the room was sealed?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

well its not necessarily cooling the air by itself the fan that kicks on when its too hot displaces that hot humid air and with more plants it will be more humid which in turn would cool room more than with less plants and less humidity which means less heat displacement when fan kicks in.... i think im know expert on the subject just observant i wonder how it would work if the room was sealed?

Yeah, that makes sense.

putembk

putembk

Off subject slightly but for me a huge advantage to tent growing in a basement is r/h control. My basement pretty much hangs at 50%. I can easily move the r/h up or down 10% which makes it a no brainier in each atmosphere for veg, flower and finally a proper cure. Not a major problem with heat either. Oh, and helping heat the place as we speak.

putembk

putembk

Have a perceptual grow and pulled my Black Domina yesterday and watched to see the difference in r/h and temps with less plants in the flower room. Sure enough the temp rose 4 degrees and the r/h dropped 4% as well. Guess that proves your point outwest.

Hank

Hank

Very good info. I am just starting out using a Gavita Pro 1000 and was concerned that the temps might be higher with a full tent, hopefully its the opposite.

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

Yep they say all the concrete and asphalt we pour is contributing to global warming. The sun's rays are reflected back into the atmosphere, where usually photosynthesis is happening. All the more reason I'm putting a greenhouse on top of my subterranean when I build this spring:)

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks for all the input and insights folks. Like I already mentioned, it's a pretty cool phenomenon. I'll be doubling density in my tent in the next week or so, I'll see what happens/

Pute. . .How's the black domina?

outwest

accent

accent

i think the reasons have pretty much already been answers. absorption of energy by the plants whilst simultaneously transpiring, resulting in the air being cooled. climate science is cool! even on the micro scale.

Top Bottom