Grow Tent Setup

• Thread starter Grab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grab

Grab

I'm new to the site and growing so please excuse my ignorance in this matter.. OK so I order the things needed from Amazon to start my grow(tent).. I did my research on the soil and nutrients I'm going with for farms.. I also have the lights now I'm stumped on what fans to use and if co2 is needed.. I was reading co2 is best when used in a sealed room so it can't escape so if that's the case what keeps the room cool and the smell down?.. I dont have a huge tent but I don't want it to be hot.. What are some of things u guys use? Thanks in advance

iKharon

iKharon

What size tent? What lighting you working with?

My veg tent is a Vivosun 4x4.. 4' 4 tube cfl HO's 6500k. Run a simple exhaust.. let air in through the bottom, up high, is carbon filter, fan, ducted out. Run dual zone thermo-hygrometers.. know temps inside and outside your tent as well as you RH.
If you go Fox Farm on soil, I'd suggest Happy Frog instead of Ocean Forest as it leans hot. Although it can be done. Also a pH meter is a must.. know your medium and your water..

Grab

Grab

Cool I been researching so much that's all I can talk or think about I'm even gonna stop smoking until harvest so I can retain this shit and really sample my product..i saw some info on air intake fans for some reason I was getting that mixed up wit the co2 but it's air intake with the carbon filters to reduce smell and to keep temperature in good conditions.. Right?.. I'm using led for veg but I read switching up to hps is better for bloom or can I stick to my led throughout and come out with big buds?.. And does happy frog have the same nutrients?..damn that's alot of questions my bad

iKharon

iKharon

Cool I been researching so much that's all I can talk or think about I'm even gonna stop smoking until harvest so I can retain this shit and really sample my product..i saw some info on air intake fans for some reason I was getting that mixed up wit the co2 but it's air intake with the carbon filters to reduce smell and to keep temperature in good conditions.. Right?.. I'm using led for veg but I read switching up to hps is better for bloom or can I stick to my led throughout and come out with big buds?.. And does happy frog have the same nutrients?..damn that's alot of questions my bad
Lol. No worries brother... I'll try to address them quickly...
What size tent you in? Basically for inline fan, you need to figure cubic feet.. this determines fan size... I run a 6" fan in my 4x4 tent, which is plenty. The carbon filter is what kills odors. This will hook up straight to your fan and ducted out. You can use/recycle the air in your room IF conditions are kept nice.. and you'll still run free of odor. Now your plants and lights, although leds are very cool running, will nonetheless produce heat.. the plants will produce humidity.. so all this is stuff to keep in mind. Keep your room at about 75 degrees and run that exhaust and you will be set on temp. Watch your humidity tho.. you may need a dehumidifier depending on where you live and other factors.. (connected to a bathroom, closed doors, when you take a hot shower, it will rise significantly) .. as far as bloom.. depends on your led.. is it a cob, w3 or w5 and what watt is it?... is it true spectrum? More than likely you'll have a bloom switch or a setting for more reds.. if switch to its preset bloom setting and then also run the extra light.. veg is simple bro.. flowering you really need to pay attention, then 99% of your finished product is drying and curing. You fuck that up, and you'll have bud you won't want to smoke

iKharon

iKharon

And yes, happy frog is fine to start your seeds in with enough nutes to carry them a few weeks and all you'll be doing is watering. Don't force your plants with nutes/feeding, and don't over water.. they will let you know when they are hungry. That's when you'll know they used up their nutes in the soil.

Grab

Grab

Lol. No worries brother... I'll try to address them quickly...
What size tent you in? Basically for inline fan, you need to figure cubic feet.. this determines fan size... I run a 6" fan in my 4x4 tent, which is plenty. The carbon filter is what kills odors. This will hook up straight to your fan and ducted out. You can use/recycle the air in your room IF conditions are kept nice.. and you'll still run free of odor. Now your plants and lights, although leds are very cool running, will nonetheless produce heat.. the plants will produce humidity.. so all this is stuff to keep in mind. Keep your room at about 75 degrees and run that exhaust and you will be set on temp. Watch your humidity tho.. you may need a dehumidifier depending on where you live and other factors.. (connected to a bathroom, closed doors, when you take a hot shower, it will rise significantly) .. as far as bloom.. depends on your led.. is it a cob, w3 or w5 and what watt is it?... is it true spectrum? More than likely you'll have a bloom switch or a setting for more reds.. if switch to its preset bloom setting and then also run the extra light.. veg is simple bro.. flowering you really need to pay attention, then 99% of your finished product is drying and curing. You fuck that up, and you'll have bud you won't want to smoke
Thanks I believe we have the same size tent.. The lights are 300w full spectrum.. I'm growing in a garage in socal.. Is the garage a good place?.. It stays about 70degress

iKharon

iKharon

Thanks I believe we have the same size tent.. The lights are 300w full spectrum.. I'm growing in a garage in socal.. Is the garage a good place?.. It stays about 70degress
Should be perfect.. just be careful of the airflow in there..should be fine tho

I'm new to the site and growing so please excuse my ignorance in this matter.. OK so I order the things needed from Amazon to start my grow(tent).. I did my research on the soil and nutrients I'm going with for farms.. I also have the lights now I'm stumped on what fans to use and if co2 is needed.. I was reading co2 is best when used in a sealed room so it can't escape so if that's the case what keeps the room cool and the smell down?.. I dont have a huge tent but I don't want it to be hot.. What are some of things u guys use? Thanks in advance
Carbon filter is what u need to keep the smell as low as possible (top left corner), you run through your light then connect to an inline fan to pull the air out of the tent. Recirculating the air is an option if u run co2 (not to waist the co2) but u have to watch out for temperature as ur pulling hot air out and pushing it back to the tent. I'm running a 600w mh/hps (for now I have it on 400 with my digital ballast) and the temperature is never going over 83 but that's when I'm getting rid of the hot air. When I used to recirculate I was getting close to 90 even more.
As a set up u will need the following for sure:
-tent
-light (400w or up)
-inline fan
-carbon filter
-ph adjusting kit and of course a measurement device
-temperature gun to get the temp of the top leaves (helps u with finding the sweet spot way faster)
-a thermometer to see how the grow area is doing
-if u don't have enough space "scrog" is what u need. I built mine since the size I needed was not available
-couple fans to blow between the light and the plants
-booster fan to bring fresh air in (this should be installed completely separate than the inline fan setup) or u can just put a normal fan to rotate the air. (Since I don't have room mine is sitting outside and blowing through the vents)
I believe that's all u need to have a successful start.
IMG 1730

Last edited:
Grab

Grab

Carbon filter is what u need to keep the smell as low as possible (top left corner), you run through your light then connect to an inline fan to pull the air out of the tent. Recirculating the air is an option if u run co2 (not to waist the co2) but u have to watch out for temperature as ur pulling hot air out and pushing it back to the tent. I'm running a 600w mh/hps (for now I have it on 400 with my digital ballast) and the temperature is never going over 83 but that's when I'm getting rid of the hot air. When I used to recirculate I was getting close to 90 even more.
As a set up u will need the following for sure:
-tent
-light (400w or up)
-inline fan
-carbon filter
-ph adjusting kit and of course a measurement device
-temperature gun to get the temp of the top leaves (helps u with finding the sweet spot way faster)
-a thermometer to see how the grow area is doing
-if u don't have enough space "scrog" is what u need. I built mine since the size I needed was not available
-couple fans to blow between the light and the plants
-booster fan to bring fresh air in (this should be installed completely separate than the inline fan setup) or u can just put a normal fan to rotate the air. (Since I don't have room mine is sitting outside and blowing through the vents)
I believe that's all u need to have a successful start.
View attachment 664928
And u use fox farm trio?

IMG 1726
I use all these but u don't really have to. Yea the trio is fine

Top Bottom