growing for others under 64

• Thread starter pollenchucker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pollenchucker

pollenchucker

can someone grow another's plants for them under 64. or assist them in a different location from where they live? do your plants have to live with you?

rec caregivers?

limits?

T

thegoodshiet

Here's what I found...
How many plants can be grown by an individual? How many can be flowering? Does size matter? What if those plants grow more than an ounce?
Under Amendment 64, adults 21 and older are allowed to grow up to six plants, with only three of the plants being mature, flowering plants. The adult is allowed to privately possess the usable harvest from those six plants (which may be more than one ounce). It should be noted, however, that the harvest of those six plants must remain on the premise where it was grown.

I think you can still grow for others only if your a caregiver if your a medical card(red card) holder..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/18/what-legal-marijuana-mean_n_2322101.html

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Unlimited number of people can grow together, collectives are now OK. Fuckin' murder it.

turbo
Thats just what fucked up the medical scene. Theres still still lots of opposition and furthur regulations will be imposed. If you murder it there is a good possiblity it will bite you in the ass.
Nothing changed here, still the same few lucky selected folks and even rock stars, legendary no less, who support our scene, its when folks take advantage of the scene and overdo it, get greedy then our rulers step in and ruin it for all. Be cool, dont be a fool...CM

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Unlimited number of people can grow together, collectives are now OK. Fuckin' murder it.

turbo

Good luck with that.....

Medical is the only place all those little loopholes will still exist and your max'd out at 5 people collective growing efforts, and they love conspiracy charges when there is a group of cats doin their thing together..the state is goin to want all or most of the recreational users to buy at state controlled retail outlets in order to capture the tax dollars, they are not in it to let everyone over 21 grow their own....no money in that..

Get ready for every lease contract from landlords, apartment complexes. property management co, etc.. to have a specific clause prohibiting any growing of any kind or be subject to eviction and forfieture of deposit...most rental or property management companies already have it in theirs so get ready and unless you own the property you have absolutely no say what so ever, Amend 20 and Amend 64 both allow for it so it will go unchallenged...No Smoking, No pets, No marijuana will be the new tag line on Craigslist..

Just remember Ammend 64 is not about lettin recreational folks grow, its about gettin your tax dollar at the cash register when you buy product...the tax model doesn't work any other way and they are goin to create rules for their benifit now after gettin jacked by the medical guys

Weld and Douglas are goin the other way, you either grow your own or drive to a nieghboring county to buy retail, like wet and dry counties for beer and wine..that usually doesn't last long when they see the loss of tax dollars to a county right next door but Douglas is already flush with tax dollars, this is high tone out here..Welds tax base is in oil and agriculture, which is strong as hell....plus alot of growers in Weld county so no tax dollars to get

Tex

sky high

sky high

Where does is say collectives are OK? I missed that part.

I'm gonna guess that LEO will be very stiff on plant counts and the number of 21 and over folks in residence. Have 60 plants...you'd better have 9 roommates and PROOF in bank deposits/etc (to show IN COURT) that they truly live there....or as TK says...the HAMMER is gonna fall. I also think the way they worded the law it means that EACH garden will need to be locked from the other and large/shared gardens are not allowed. Each person over 21 will have to show their garden is secure ..as this is an INDIVIDUAL right...not a collective right.

On top of that...your county occupancy laws better permit those 9 folks to be there in the first place. I guarantee the counties will use all the little tweeks they have made to date to control this however they can. The allowances for MED were ONLY GIVEN because of the stigma of "medical" need. This will be a completely different game.

turbo14

turbo14

Tomatoes are now legal..Except for you have to buy them at Safeway or the retail outlets started by outside money.....

Ever heard of a farmers market? Money is exchanged within the local community, therefor staying in the community and eventually being spent in the local economy. Do you see farmer john walking around with a handful of tax receipts to file with uncle sam?

Basically, you are saying that I have to purchase my recreational marijuana from a outlet that has no idea what they are doing? I've been in enough MMC warehouses to know how that goes:)

A vast majority of the people living in Colorado are outward thinkers, with a mindset of keeping it local, getting your hands dirty, and yes.. growing your own.

CSA's have allowed people to have garden plot's together for years. This is a plant fellas. A plant.

I was under the impression that you could grow your rec permits in the same garden without a adult rec limit being set... That is directly from my lawyer.

Until people wake up, I'll keep playing the red card game and staying on my numbers.... Also known as business as usual.

turbo

sky high

sky high

Beer and wine are both fully legal to manufacture at home in CO for personal use. However, you can't set up a stand and sell either beverage at the local Farmer's market or anywhere else in CO without being licensed to do so.

Yes..a vast majority of folks in CO are forward thinkers...but they are not stupid and just as they respect the liquor laws...I think they will respect the pot laws.....especially in a public setting/open market type situation like you pose in your post.

I'm not sure I see the benefit of combining gardens other than by benefiting the cops by putting 10 people's ganja in one place. Unless the law says explicitly that you can combine gardens the cops can rip every plant but 6 up...or take you to jail for overrages. It will all depend on how you act and how they feel that day/how many other guys they have dealt with who think they can do as they please because "Pot is legal".

Keep in mind....unlike the med law..there's nothing that protects your garden in A64 or keeps you from getting arrested if you are speeding on your count.

Also keep in mind that your attorney charges you per hour and will likely make good money off you if you have problems.

be safe

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

just wanted to pop in and say i worked at farmers markets all over san diego for years

and they tax the fuck out of you, like bent over no lube lex steele status. but given the employees are in a pop up tent out of their car, all that shit gets settled later.

the government WILL get their cut, whether you want them to or not, and whether you know it or not

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have my red card and whatever 'protection' it may afford, but I think that my best approach in dealing with the local authorities- tax, LEO and all the rest- is just to stay out of sight and keep my mouth shut. I've noticed too many people believing that the climate around pot has changed completely, only to end up in prison anyway.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

^^^ another amazing point.... why does everyone feel that its legal they have to shout at rooftops about it?

shit i remember "collectives" before any laws when i was like 18. just keep that shit on the low, why should anything change? only thing now is you have a little extra help on your side.

"Whatever you keep in the privacy of your own home is your business. Anything you bring into the public, is open for scrutiny" ~ live by these words you cant go wrong.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Farmers do walk around with huge boxes of tax reciepts for uncle sam all day, every day and all from their activity at the farmers market..the farmers market is just another retail outlet for the farmers, it is far from a tax free sells effort. Then if those farmers have employees and are in the agricultural subsidy game, which most are, they really have to keep their accounting tight..

Marijuana is not legal, its a highly regulated illegal industry, only legal if you play by the long list of rules set out.

It may turn out that they, the state, offers two strains with a precisely calculated thc and cbd level, you can choose the indica with 10% thc and high cbd and a sativa with 10% thc and low cbd...this isn't a new model, kindof like the Bendrogon or whatever that Ben Drounkers tribute stuff other governments are hawkin is

I would also guess that 6 plants becomes the undisputed plant count with law enforcement, because even the medical limit is 6 plants, granted you can argue an affirmative defense if your medical but I bet your goin to have to argue it everytime now, no field descresion at all for the officers at all...over 6 your breakin the law...oh but I have an edible rec for more plants, no problem, argue it in court...they have to have a way to get you back in he system and generating revenue for the state and local gov. somehow and this stradegy works well for that...

I kind of think that the recreational guys think it is goin to be like a despensary, goin in smellin 20 jars, finger fuckin all the strains, buyin 10 different strains in 1/8ths, I think that is goin to be far fetched...don't see alot of folks spending 30 minutes in the beer isle tasting different brews, maybe and Ale, that sounds nice, naw maybe a Pilsner, let me take a swig or two and see if I like it...NOT..or even sampling different cigarettes and cigars till ya find one you like......average person is in a 7-11 for 2 minutes, thats the only way the profit model works...ya think they could spend 30 minutes with a bunch of 20 somethings standin at a counter trying to make up their mind and arguing on what crap kush their goin to buy today?

Tex

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Farmers do walk around with huge boxes of tax reciepts for uncle sam all day, every day and all from their activity at the farmers market..the farmers market is just another retail outlet for the farmers, it is far from a tax free sells effort. Then if those farmers have employees and are in the agricultural subsidy game, which most are, they really have to keep their accounting tight..

Marijuana is not legal, its a highly regulated illegal industry, only legal if you play by the long list of rules set out.

It may turn out that they, the state, offers two strains with a precisely calculated thc and cbd level, you can choose the indica with 10% thc and high cbd and a sativa with 10% thc and low cbd...this isn't a new model, kindof like the Bendrogon or whatever that Ben Drounkers tribute stuff other governments are hawkin is

I would also guess that 6 plants becomes the undisputed plant count with law enforcement, because even the medical limit is 6 plants, granted you can argue an affirmative defense if your medical but I bet your goin to have to argue it everytime now, no field descresion at all for the officers at all...over 6 your breakin the law...oh but I have an edible rec for more plants, no problem, argue it in court...they have to have a way to get you back in he system and generating revenue for the state and local gov. somehow and this stradegy works well for that...

I kind of think that the recreational guys think it is goin to be like a despensary, goin in smellin 20 jars, finger fuckin all the strains, buyin 10 different strains in 1/8ths, I think that is goin to be far fetched...don't see alot of folks spending 30 minutes in the beer isle tasting different brews, maybe and Ale, that sounds nice, naw maybe a Pilsner, let me take a swig or two and see if I like it...NOT..or even sampling different cigarettes and cigars till ya find one you like......average person is in a 7-11 for 2 minutes, thats the only way the profit model works...ya think they could spend 30 minutes with a bunch of 20 somethings standin at a counter trying to make up their mind and arguing on what crap kush their goin to buy today?

Tex

lmfao boy you sure do seem to get shitkicked.....It would kinda be cool too go to a growhouse and sample buds the way I get too sample all these fucking brew houses, hehehe..

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Collecttives are probably going to get you a "conspiracy to manufacture" charge and if you have any oil around thats goin to be automatic...and if you have over an oz your probably goin to be lookin at an "intent to distribute" charge thrown in there for good measure...

On the medical side, one big, huge thing to remember is that if they decide to charge you, your medical status means absolutely nothing until you get into court. You are charged just like a regular Joe that is blowing out his basement..the next time anything what so ever will come up about your medical status is in court, thats where you argue it. Before that you have some crazy charges with all kinds of manditory minimums attached, not fun at all..

Here are the charges you will probably be looking at...depending on how much you have..."Possesion of marijuana more than 12 oz's" Felony 6, "Possesion with intent to manufacture or distribute 5-100lbs " Felony 4, "cultivation of marijuana" Felony 4, and "conspiracy to commit cultivatation over 30 plants" Felony 5...trust me, they will trow all those at you at one time for the enhanced charges and if you have a gun around it will be an inhanced charge to Felony 2. You can wave that red card all you want to the officers but your fight is in court at that point and it is an expensive fight..and your goin to pay to play when your staring down 10 years worth of madatory minimums. If you have oil, the manufacturing with intent is automatic....No where in the charges does it say, " he was medical" or anything like that.

Be prepared when you scale up, it can be painfull

Tex

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Set em up..... Knock em down.....We may not have it so good after all.
So TK even if one keeps it at 6 plants per, really not totaly safe with intent charges possible. Fuckin A they really could cash in big time. What to do? Never stop growing for self, nice to help others, they will regulate the dogshit out of this, have fines and possible jail times all writted into law to automaticaly fine and possibly jail anyone they feel like fucking with.
Would not suprize me either if they decide upon suspicion of cultivation the right to inspect to insure compliance...Dont feel so good as good as I should anyways...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Dry wieght or processed wieght is where it gets tricky and IMO your always outside the limit if you grow...if you have more dry wieght than your card allowance or more than the state allowance, it is intent to distribute and that sucks. If ya got over 5lbs layin around, whick alot of people due, you just as well have 99lbs, the charge is the same..

If you can only have an oz of finished product on hand and any given time as a rec user, growing 6 plants is the shittiest way to go about it if your trying to follow the law. That is their plan, make growing so unattractive and painful for rec users that they would prefer to just buy retail on the way home from work, just like beer and wine..hell drive thru would be nice..lol

Tex

K

kolah

I believe it was in Montana where a grower got tagged with felony weed charges and the judge would not allow any state legality issues presented on his behalf. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

another_sellout

another_sellout

NO!

Did you bother to try looking up the law to read or did you come here first?
If you can't find, read and understand the law by yourself, you need a lawyer.
If you can't afford a lawyer, why would you try to open a co-op?

The law, 64 itself, says:
They will (as of January 6th, after the "recount" of the vote & 30 day delay), begin the process of establishing regulations to govern commercial production, to be finished and approved by July of 2013.

I would suggest that you not hurry down with the $5,000 in hand to apply if you don't even understand what's going on. Really.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
October of next year will be the first possibility on any new regulation being inacted as far as the retail stores and supply chain...according to the state

Maybe a 51% exice tax or something fun like that, more like cigerettes, gas, or alcohol

Keep in mind that a 1k cost about $40-45 bucks a month just for the electric, then throw in some genetics, some nutes, some space, some scrubbers, some fans, etc...and you can only have an oz at a time...your goin to work for two+ months and spend a couple hundred bucks and the risk for an oz that you can buy for a 1/3 the price at the corner store....and if you do a 1k right, your goin to be 14 or 15 oz's over your limit at harvest..catch 22

Tex

Latest posts

Top Bottom