Growing in 3rd World Conditions.

• Thread starter Zerberus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xhale

Xhale

Where the seeds still viable? 😳
yes, almost all grew:) I planted 2or3 seeds every few months for almost 3 years. i was really happy with the outcomes. and now have seeds from those plants crossed with my local-grow that has self-developed from bag-seeds (Jack Herrer, Sour Diesel, and probably random pollen from my neighbourhood).

B

BillyBanchan

I'm currently making my own compost, I'm about 7 weeks into it, i know it takes about 6 months but still will be good to have it down the road, i will be getting tons of coconuts to follow your steps and mix it within the soil, sorry i have been AFK for a long time, but all germination attempts have failed with seeds from the weed i get here...

However i have great news, a member from the community here, has gone above and beyond every expectation and has sent me seeds successfully after a first failed attempt. So I'm deeply grateful to him, i can't say who because i would need his permission for that but i am EXTREMELY GRATEFUL! These are the seeds he sent me, i will grow first a photoperiod fem haven't decided what strain tho, i don't want to grow an auto yet since I'm still missing a lot of basic growing materials, like nutrients, humidifier, nets, i will be buying them this week and sending them next week to Cuba. So that i can start my own little proper grow op 🥳

I do have a grow light now, it's a ViperSpectra I'll post here the picture from Amazon. Let me know your thoughts.

I will germinate one of the new seeds soon, hopefully next week when the new stuff I'm going to get from Amazon arrive.

Once i have my set up and everything in order, I'll will start a new diary thread.

View attachment 2000070
Can't wait to see your new grow! Many blessings to whomever sent you some beans!

rasterman

rasterman

However i have great news, a member from the community here, has gone above and beyond every expectation and has sent me seeds successfully after a first failed attempt. So I'm deeply grateful to him, i can't say who because i would need his permission for that but i am EXTREMELY GRATEFUL!
I don't mind getting outed now that you have the seeds and I'm not in cuffs.... 🤣

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I watched an episode of nature on PBS the other day. It was about Cuba. I had no idea it was such a magical place for flora and fauna!

Zerberus

Zerberus

I watched an episode of nature on PBS the other day. It was about Cuba. I had no idea it was such a magical place for flora and fauna!

Yeah this country has a lot of biodiversity and gorgeous landscapes and the beaches are to die for, what isn't so fun is the 20 years I get if they catch me growing my own weed, they catch you with 1 or 2 grams you might be able to get away in court arguing personal consumption for medical purposes (even tho it's still illegal) but if you get cought with let's say 5 or more grams they could bring up distribution charges and they don't even need proof to lock you up and throw away the key. This country is not smoker friendly, even buying weed is a mission here, dealers will text you through WhatsApp a address and location after you have sent payment using crypto. Like for example you want 3 grams, you pay anywhere between 45-60$ in crypto and they will text you the address and say like behind the bus stop peal back the plastic from the bus # sign, it's taped in the inside. It's super sketchy but I tend to think of it like a treasure hunt 😂 and the treasure is shit weed. The quality here is literally horrible, but it's either this or don't smoke.
IMG 20230427 1732042

rasterman

rasterman

Yeah this country has a lot of biodiversity and gorgeous landscapes and the beaches are to die for, what isn't so fun is the 20 years I get if they catch me growing my own weed, they catch you with 1 or 2 grams you might be able to get away in court arguing personal consumption for medical purposes (even tho it's still illegal) but if you get cought with let's say 5 or more grams they could bring up distribution charges and they don't even need proof to lock you up and throw away the key. This country is not smoker friendly, even buying weed is a mission here, dealers will text you through WhatsApp a address and location after you have sent payment using crypto. Like for example you want 3 grams, you pay anywhere between 45-60$ in crypto and they will text you the address and say like behind the bus stop peal back the plastic from the bus # sign, it's taped in the inside. It's super sketchy but I tend to think of it like a treasure hunt 😂 and the treasure is shit weed. The quality here is literally horrible, but it's either this or don't smoke.View attachment 2001477
That picture is depressing.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Hi guys, Zerb here. I just want to say things are looking up and I'm super excited to be able to give you guys some good news, thanks to @rasterman I have awesome quality seeds, I am currently germinating two photoperiod Fem Black Domino, and they both sprouted 🥳🥳🥳 also I'm working on my grow room, it's basically one of the four sections of my closet 😂 here's a picture the closet is a 30"x30" so I think I can squeeze in two plants at the same time. I highlighted some stuff so it's easily spotted, I put in a regular T8 light, for when I'm working in there I don't get blinded by the Vipar Spectra light, I put in two double outlets (in red), four hooks to set up nets (in yellow) I'll add more later this week about a full set every 4 inches. I took off the bottom 4 sections of the shelves on the right to set up a box fan there and a humidifier. I will also buy the panda film later on before the plants enter Veg stage and I'll rap the walls the best I can. Once again thank you all, I was down for a while but I wasn't out 😂🥳🎉 hope you all have a awesome week and a bountiful harvest...

The purpose of this post isn't just to show you guys, it's also to hear some ideas and some suggestions.

I'll also start a new 3rd World Grow diary when I plant the seedlings so you can follow the progress🔥

IMG 20230703 1801152

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Are they auto or photo genetics? You go, zerb! Necessity is the mother of invention!😁 And you don’t have to start a new thread. You can learn a lot about a person, their heart, tenacity, perseverance, environment, etc., from their history. But it’s your gig!

Zerberus

Zerberus

Are they auto or photo genetics? You go, zerb! Necessity is the mother of invention!😁
Very true, 😂 they are photo. I don't want to germinate autos yet, since I still don't have the nutrients, and most of the basic stuff I need, from what I have read and been told autos are extremely sensitive and there's no room for error, so I'm just going to crawl and learn to walk before I run.

Zerberus

Zerberus

IMG 20230703 1855092

Here's a picture of them both right now, I put them in a glass of rain water for 24 hours and now it's been about 20 hours in the napkins, I'll wait until tomorrow when the tap roots are about 1 inch long at least before I plant them.

P

PahPahCee

right on dude! You’re gonna crush it this time (assuming your dog doesn’t get involved).

What’s your game plan for odor? You have a little time before it’ll smells. You have a plan to vent the exhaust outside the building? Charcoal filters, ozone, and ona gel will help you stay hidden. A can of “ozium” spray can really save your butt if someone comes and knocks on your door.

Zerberus

Zerberus

right on dude! You’re gonna crush it this time (assuming your dog doesn’t get involved).

What’s your game plan for odor? You have a little time before it’ll smells. You have a plan to vent the exhaust outside the building? Charcoal filters, ozone, and ona gel will help you stay hidden. A can of “ozium” spray can really save your butt if someone comes and knocks on your door.
I will get a Vivosun 4 inch Carbon filter vent system later down the road, it's the cheapest yet good quality system I could find, I'm going to vent into my own room and the house so it's not a huge deal. But I will buy one just as a precaution.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Just planted the tap roots today going to do a cycle of 6am to midnight, the light is at 16" and 75%...any and all suggestions will be greatly

rasterman

rasterman

It sounds like you tried to address every detail, so I think you should have a smooth grow. Looking forward to seeing how it goes!

Top Bottom