Growing in blue lights

• Thread starter Nirrity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

doggystyled73

That was a bullshit article, the "fully realized THC" is oxymoron by itself, it's either THC or not THC at all :) I do believe that UV-B play a role but such articles sounds like a sectants scripting. Let's stay clear-headed

again, relax nirrity, I don't see how you can comment on an article you've never read, or maybe you're thinking of something different than what i'm referring to.. like i said if Reef can retrieve those files everything would be much "CLEARER" lol :sun

D

doggystyled73

lmao.. that was a good one Nirrity.. but sorry that wasn't the article I was referring to. Although I haven't seen that particular one before, I have seen other's floating around the internet all containing similar information.

D

doggystyled73

Ahh.. i recall now.. that there is the "BOLOGNI" article that pops up according to BH every time the UVB discussion starts. Joe Knuc is his name lol.. n now that i think about it, what i could be referring to may not be an article at all, it may be just a large post written by someone at Reef's old forum after reading Joe Knuc's article or similar material, however it was much different in the way it concluded things, like i said, it mentioned replicating the sun in it's exact proportion of light spectrums offered throughout the day. Not just UVB 270-290 nm but the other's as well. Please keep in mind this was over 2 years ago the last time i read it.

D

doggystyled73

holy shit!!! i think that's it. Much props nirrity.. now who the f*ck is old timer??? I'm hopin BH can weigh in on this

N

Nirrity

Ok, the experiment have started...
I placed to germination 3 RM LP#1 and 3 D.J. Short Flo, out of 3 LP#1 one seed slightly sprouted showing her tail but then died for unknown reason.
I chose Flo as well for 2 reasons:
1. Did never grown anything but RM hybrids except for La Mano Negra's
2. There was a tip that OPT based hybrids could benefit from blue spectrum to fight against its mutancy. Perhpas this is due to unknown genetics trait, just wann se how they turn out in that case.

GBL1
GBL2
N

Nirrity

It seems all my plants are gonna die. I have a sunburn on my right hand and the back of the neck! The exposition was about 7-10 minutes while I looked at seedlings and water them. These bulbs emit helluva ultraviolet!! It's impossible to grow under sole Aqualine Bushcke 10000K, but I think this is the best bulb if you want to add a strong UV-B/UV-A/violet/blue to your grow.

D

doggystyled73

seems that light is a little too much.. ya might wanna try the lizard ones i posted before

U

Ulysses

You are on the right track Nirrity- DJ Short's strains really thrive under blue light conditions and the mutant factory smooths out considerably...

I have over 60 seedlings of Flo under 6500K for selection purposes- looking for a sativa leaning mate for the Flo Mother clone...

Do keep us updated on the experiment!

N

Nirrity

Sorry Ulysses, but there will be no update because I have 2 issues: 1. Aqualine Buschke 150 watt 10.000K is not a good source of blue because of extra-high UV levels, I have to find another source and that will take a lot of time. 2. Current setup has serious drawbacks in temperature department, I have to redisng it. The previous v-scrog cooltube design was sadly destroyed, I miss it, it runned with only 3 Zalman ZM-F3, 2 of which worked at only half RPM and the temperature was only 4-5 celsius higher compared to the room temperature. Current setup is almost 10 celsius higher... :(

Top Bottom