Growing in open

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I cant imagine having my 1000 watters in the living room lol.
My only concern with open growing besides the unwanted light pollution in the house, is pests. Though I do often keep the odd spare clone as a houseplant. But inevitably it get some form of pest sooner or later every time. Too many people going in and out of the house to keep it grow show clean at my casa.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
My only concern with open growing besides the unwanted light pollution in the house, is pests. Though I do often keep the odd spare clone as a houseplant. But inevitably it get some form of pest sooner or later every time. Too many people going in and out of the house to keep it grow show clean at my casa.
I would never do that again 😃 i agree, way to many variables are introduced to maintain a consistent environment .

Freaky75

Freaky75

Some folk don't have tents

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter

LOL, I was just cleaning infact. Was thinking about making a post about just that, the best pest controls. I use the shotgun approach, hit them with a plethora of remedies. My latest one (arrived yesterday) is called BuG Eviction! It's castor/garlic/cinnimon/peppermint/cedar wood oils, I did the girls with my new stuff last night. I generally clean with organic vinegar or orange cleaner, I've got stronger stuff in my arsenal like azamax and stuff that can be used in late flowering like mighty wash, it's impossible to "get rid" of mites here in Seattle, IMPOSSIBLE, PERIOD!!! The people next door or across from me are likely growing also, it's blowing in the wind.

We never get cold, and there are plants everywhere in this city. It's the greenest city in America I suspect, and I've been everywhere.

The best thing to do is grow hardy cannabis, (with excellent nutrient support) especially silicon, because healthy strong cannabis is able to resit infections, as long as the environment is kept clean, and unattractive to the borg. Also, my mainstay solution is simply Dr Bonners Peppermint pure castile soap, with a tad of canola oil, and a big powerful battery powered (hepa) filtered vaccum, that I use regularly. That also helps keep dust from getting into the product as well.

I don't argue that tents are a better solution, by far. But growing in the open while challenging, can be fun. Also, certain precautions can make it far easier over the long haul. We don't have in/out traffic here, it's just my wife and me, so that makes it a lot more feasible.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Here they are right now. There very much in full bloom, lots of sights starting to show for the last few days now, I've got 2 males sitting on the floor besides them, I don't know if I'm going to do male, or flip one of the girls.

2x BestVA 3000's for a grand total of 902 LED watts.

IMG 20200812 035510   Copy
IMG 20200812 035518   Copy
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
LOL, I've got some growing in my living room, but I've got blinders put on the lights so it's not so bad, but the rooms always a purple color for the most part. I think it does keep me up a some, but I'm an insomniac regardless for many decades now. I'm retired now, but I usually go to sleep at about 6am when the sun comes up.
I have normally done 1 to 2 hrs work just as your are going to bed ...

Top Bottom