Growing in the old Kemoore Fridge

• Thread starter tcurtiss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tcurtiss

Good morning all,

T here and I will be starting up a new batch of kids for my personal stash. I will in the wonderful state of California and I am a valid medical card holder and this is a legal grow again for personal use and to smoke with good friends. I have been growing off and on for about 10 years all in soil

So let the fun begin

Cabinet :

I picked up a fridge off craigslist for free, cleaned and disinfected it. I open a couple holes in the back to allow for a 4 inch inline intake & exhaust fan

The exhaust is plugged into a carbon filter having air pulled threw it via 165 cfm fan

For now I am using a 180 watt Jumbo UFO LED light with a couple CFL lights and I hope to upgrade soon to a 400 watt HPS setup maybe with the UFO also. This is the 3rd round with this setup and it is getting more fined tuned as we progress

Medium:

Subcool's Super Soil - a mix that is pretty close to his and as the summer progresses I will have his soil for the next set of plants to enter the fridge

Chernobyl from his catalog & another strain yet to be reviled at a later date, I have ordered some sees from Speedy Seeds and they have not shown up as of yet

Nutes:

For now just water 2 times a day and I will be using some Black Strap Molasses very soon, I have found this to give the plants a more robust flavor and feed every other water

Strains:

Lemon Skunk

Silver Haze

Kush

I am open to suggestions and just about anything other and bashing each other we have enough problems with the man so let's keep it clean

Ok onward and upward

T :harvest:

Fridge
Opendoor
Growing in the old kemoore fridge 3
Lemonskunk
Silverhaze
Growing in the old kemoore fridge 6
L

LemonSkunk

Interesting setup you got there...clever..looking good though good luck!! Have you had any mite problems with your Lemon Skunk yet? They can be little fu@ker$ they love the LEMON!!

T

tcurtiss

Lemon,

thanks for stopping by and I had to come up with something on the DL and the fridge works out perfectly, I have all sorts of people in my garage and no one knows what lurks behind the door

I have had not had any issues with bugs, these gals are happy and healthy, so far the Silver haze is lead the pack starting to show some sugar on the leaves the other 2 have not shown anything so far

Stay tuned it will only get better from here

T

T

tcurtiss

Lord Dankness it is an honor have you here in the garage.

I have a moot filled with sharks with friginn lasers attached to their heads thanks

No need the garage is well locked as well as video surveillance & recording and the new police station are less than a 1/4 mile away :D

T

tcurtiss

Fridat Night update with Dank Master T

Good evening all so I did some shopping this week since I had some failures in the metering department

I picked up a new temp & humidity meter for the cabinet cost $45 dollars at the depot

I also picked up a new vaporizer from EZ Vaap cost was a little over a hundred dollars, I tried one for the 1st time over the weekend at the expo and I can attest to these guys they work very well.

I got some Bubba Kush oil today and did one little vial - I started sweating and had a very nice head & body high for 45 minutes. Well, well worth it

And I also picked up some Jack Herer just because they have it and it is sooo good

So here are tonight pictures please enjoy

T :bong-hits:

BubbaKushOil
Ezvap
AmbernJolee
JackHerer
SilverHaze
LemonSkunk
Kush
T

tcurtiss

SB

Thanks and please stop in from time to time things are going to be ramped up next week

I hope to upgrade the electrical this weekend to accommodate the new toys

T

tcurtiss

New 400 HPS light

All,

I just wanted to let you all know we have upgraded our lighting system to a 400 watt HPS system with a Hortilux bulb running off a digital ballast

And the kids seem to like it

Take a look for yourself, I think we are going to see an explosion in growth from this setup I can see it already

Stay Tuned

T :harvest:

Lemon
Kush
SH
Newsetup
justiceman

justiceman

Hey T I really like how you just picked up that fridge off of craigslist for free! Good idea for a cab indeed. things are looking good and they will certainly love that HPS for flower. So what day are they at anyway?

I see you are using subcool's soil mix. So you say that you only water because obviously all of the nutes are packed into the soil. Just curious if you use R/O water or Tap water?

Nice hygrometer man. I like that one a lot better then mine. I am liking the extracts for sure. Do you get a lot of flavor from that oil out of the essential vape? I love Jack Herer(RIP). That strain tastes wonderful.

I'll be sticking around to see how this cab grow turns out for sure.

T

tcurtiss

Hey T I really like how you just picked up that fridge off of craigslist for free! Good idea for a cab indeed. things are looking good and they will certainly love that HPS for flower. So what day are they at anyway?

I see you are using subcool's soil mix. So you say that you only water because obviously all of the nutes are packed into the soil. Just curious if you use R/O water or Tap water?

Nice hygrometer man. I like that one a lot better then mine. I am liking the extracts for sure. Do you get a lot of flavor from that oil out of the essential vape? I love Jack Herer(RIP). That strain tastes wonderful.

I'll be sticking around to see how this cab grow turns out for sure.

Justice,

Thanks for stopping by, like most people I am on a budget and the fridge was an idea to be used since it already was air tight and was priced accordingly for use. As far as the soil I have used nutes in the past but I wanted to take the guess work out of feeding these ladies, so far the plants are loving it as I am just using tap water and letting it sit outside for a few days so the chlorine and other matter will dissipate from the water over time.

I used a mix of fox farm Ocean and added some extra items to it that Subcool calls for in the soil, mixed it up and let it sit for a few weeks cooking in the sun. After that just pot your plants and add water. I spoke with him at the expo a couple weeks ago and wanted to pick his brain, he uses a product close to Budswell to enhance the buds. I am using Black-strap molasses and Budswell every other watering.

And at the expo the was a local collective that had a hash bar and the owner had an ez vaap that he let me try out, to say the least it works very well and yes you can really taste the flavor of the oil. And yes the Jack is amazing, I love the taste and the healing abilities if this strain

Oh and I am 4 weeks now of growing. I started them on April 1st I believe so I think we are at the same time in our grow, it should be interesting on how thing turn out. I will weight my harvest this time to see how we do.

I am also running C02 which makes a HUGE difference in your plants growth and would advise getting some going if you do not have it running yet

Have a great day

T :afroweed:

T

theloadeddragon

Picture Perfect :D. I will be following for sure. Wonder what a full round with the 400 will be like for yah....:)

T

tcurtiss

TLD,

Thanks and the temps only went up about 8 degrees with the 400 vs the UFO so I think we may be able to run through the summer this week coming up will be a test to see how it does with the higher evening temps

Sp far it has been running about 75 degrees in there the last couple night which is pretty close to where you want to be

I could see a difference just in one night using the 400 and i want to see a full run also I think will change the way we operate the fridge from here out

Stay Tuned

M

MsJones

I've never seen anyone grow in a refrigerator before - thumbs up! Cool thread : )

T

tcurtiss

You can stop by anytime MsJones

I had to do something and this seemed like a good idea

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
is the fridge on ?

How do you like that vaporizer, thinking of buying one. Nice grow like the idea

mal

T

tcurtiss

Mal,

Love the vap, love it. I got a chance to try it at the expo in SF a couple weeks ago and had to have one. The only advise i can give is you need a wind proof lighter or better for it to work properly they say you can use a regular flame but it turn the vial black and you cannot see when you are vaporizing

And thanks for the compliment hang out a little and I will show you some dank buds in a few more weeks here

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
vape

Got a buddy that was just diagnosed with lung cancer, does the vaporizer cool the vapor, or is it hot, don't want to buy the guy something that will hurt him. Just wondering because it looks like you start a bondfire, place the end of the vial in bondfire, and suck in the hot vapors. I really appreciate your info on this, thanks

mal

T

tcurtiss

There is no temp on the vapor, you just get the oil beyond the boil point I guess and look for the vapor in the vial and draw

That's how I do it and the only thing that gets hot is the vial, the vaap unit itself is aluminum I would think or something along those lines

I hope this answers you question

Top Bottom