Growing Kush in Coco - Tips and Tricks?

• Thread starter Bud Spleefman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
thx TG - I should have also asked - just using the gatorade at the end or all during flowering ?

true grit

true grit

Been messing with that one. Pretty much hit em from solid budset til flush.

aleYarok

aleYarok

Believe Obs recommended a 32oz per 50g res....so accordingly I just mix up batches at around 3oz/5gal and so forth. Tried a bud candy/gatorade combo for a few runs and didn't notice the difference between gatorade alone so thats all Im using now. I see Subcool added bud candy to his feed for his supersoil- I personally had the best terpene complexes out of tinkering with his soil and will be adding gatorade to feed instead of bud candy this run.

And BTW to senor Spleefman- a lot of these determinations were done on continual runs of my White MK cut (a few others but shes a maintstay every run) over the last year or so, so I got to see difference in all the good stuff on a kush.
fuck yeah!! im trying this.
just did a supersoil run and i fucking loved it. such smooth smoke, flavor just wasnt on par with what id try from subcool. was gonna try sucanat this round but gatorade it is!!! does is matter what flavor you get?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol I wondered the same thing - I think they still make powdered gatorade - just figure out how much is right and toss a scoop in the mix

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

Gatorade really? Sounds like one hell of a “secret ingredient” or is it. What is the theory behind this I mean there must have been some trials or a thread or a guy that new a guy that did it right? Sounds like an experiment is needed here, I guess this would only be for addition to “super soil” recipe. Why not grape juice or apple juice or maybe the gatorade is much cleaner

Gatorade also has fructose, citric acid, monopotassium, and phosphate. Gatorade also has electrolytes which mean it’s electrically charged. But we have to keep in mind that this is for humans, so it will be interesting to see what happens with the plants.

Either way its food for thought...

true grit

true grit

fuck yeah!! im trying this.
just did a supersoil run and i fucking loved it. such smooth smoke, flavor just wasnt on par with what id try from subcool. was gonna try sucanat this round but gatorade it is!!! does is matter what flavor you get?

Interesting, what did ya think was lacking? Sweetness? As for flavor I just use lemon lime. Most plain to me and with simplest dyes. Could see using grapes too on purps. I used lemon lime on some white urk and it still came out hella grape skunky wine.

I was just looking at AN website and see they are now stating Bud Candy is 100% organic? Don't know if its always been listed as full organic, but that steers me away from it a lil less in both mediums- especially if I choose to not use any molasses late.

lol I wondered the same thing - I think they still make powdered gatorade - just figure out how much is right and toss a scoop in the mix

I would just use the premix, easy to measure and not sweat. Not sure if different concentrations make a difference, so who knows. Cant remember whats Obs suggestion was on flavors, think it was just use whats suited to your bud. Ive just been using the yella stuff. lol.

Gatorade really? Sounds like one hell of a “secret ingredient” or is it. What is the theory behind this I mean there must have been some trials or a thread or a guy that new a guy that did it right? Sounds like an experiment is needed here, I guess this would only be for addition to “super soil” recipe. Why not grape juice or apple juice or maybe the gatorade is much cleaner

Gatorade also has fructose, citric acid, monopotassium, and phosphate. Gatorade also has electrolytes which mean it’s electrically charged. But we have to keep in mind that this is for humans, so it will be interesting to see what happens with the plants.

Either way its food for thought...

Well ive only heard of a few people suggest this, and those that have have apparently been using it for some time. Person who suggested this was Obsoleet- so plenty of experience/knowledge there.

As for experiment- me and some others have been using instead of sweeteners for a little while now with comparable results. Feedback from patients after first gatorade run was phenomenal.

Sure it has to do with the carbs, electrolytes, and a chef homie said the glucose is food grade in gatorade and more easily broken down and available to things that process it. Who knows, not too bad thus far.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Let's see, I go through about 1500 gallons of nutes mix divide by 50 is 30 bottles of Gatorade. I'll just tell the checkout person I AM REALLY THIRSTY! :)

I see a Gatorade shortage at Safeway in the very near future!

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Yea, the electrolytes in Gatorade are Potassium salts, so in addition to the glucose, you are getting a bit of a K boost. I've heard of people using fruit juices, and I've brewed some organic teas using Pepsi (although the bennies like the mexican Coca-Cola better)...I'd be willing to try Gatorade as a finisher...any particular flavor you like to use, true grit?

true grit

true grit

Let's see, I go through about 1500 gallons of nutes mix divide by 50 is 30 bottles of Gatorade. I'll just tell the checkout person I AM REALLY THIRSTY! :)

I see a Gatorade shortage at Safeway in the very near future!

lol. Hit up Sam's. 12-16 of 32oz. packs for like $10-12.

Green Mopho- I just use lemon lime. IMO doesn't have enough K to make a difference (like any other K boost would), so basically just using glucose and carbs as a sweetener.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Its not even called Gatorade anymore...its just G....Grow your OG with G...that should be your sig, true grit!

Now to pick my flavor...

A list of Gatorade flavors.

Drink flavors in the United States
By introduction year
*Lemon Lime (green)

* Orange (orange possibly inspired by the Gators' Orange Bowl win.)

* Fruit Punch (red)

* Iced Tea Cooler (brown, discontinued in 1995)

* Grape (dark purple, discontinued, replaced by Fierce Grape)

* Frost Glacier Freeze (light blue)
* Frost Riptide Rush (purple)
* Frost Alpine Snow (white, discontinued.)
* Frost Whitewater Splash (green, discontinued)
* Frost Clear Melon (colorless, discontinued)
* Lemon Ice (colorless, discontinued)

* Fierce Lime (green, discontinued)
* Fierce Melon (orange)
* Fierce Berry (red, discontinued)
* Fierce Grape (dark blue-violet)
* Midnight Thunder (black, discontinued)

* Passion Fruit (pink, discontinued)
* Starfruit (light green, discontinued)
* Frost High Tide (green, discontinued)

* Strawberry Ice (colorless, discontinued)
* Lime Ice (colorless, discontinued)
* Orange Ice (colorless, discontinued)
* Frost Cascade Crash

* Cool Blue (blue)
* Extremo Tropical Intenso (red)
* Extremo Citrico Vibrante (yellow, discontinued)
* Extremo Mango Electrico (orange)
* Watermelon Ice (colorless, discontinued)
* Berry Citrus (red, discontinued)
* Fierce Strawberry (dark pink)

* ESPN the Flavor (red, discontinued)
* X-Factor Fruit Punch + Berry (red)
* X-Factor Orange + Tropical Fruit (red-orange)
* X-Factor Lemon-lime + Strawberry (yellow-green)

* Lemonade (light yellow)
* Raspberry Lemonade (very light pink)
* Strawberry Lemonade (pink)
* All-Stars Grape (dark blue-violet)
* All-Stars Lemon-Lime (yellow)
* All-Stars Berry (blue)
* All-Stars Strawberry (red)
* Cooler Orange (orange, limited distribution)

* Berry Rain (light purple)
* Lime Rain (light green)
* Tangerine Rain (light orange)

* Fierce Wild Berry (blue)

* Strawberry Kiwi Rain (pink)
* Tropical Mango A.M.
* Orange Strawberry A.M.
* Cran Raspberry A.M.
* Super Bowl Berry (deep red, limited edition)
* NBA Orange Cherry
* Cherry Rain (light red)
* Gatorade Tiger (named for Tiger Woods, true flavor unknown, announced on Around the Horn)

Year unknown
* All-Stars Ice Punch (colorless)
* All-Stars Tropical Punch (orange, discontinued)
* Gatorade Smoothies (orange, fruit punch, mango, strawberry)
* Citrus Cooler (orange-yellow, 4th flavor introduced during the 1980s after fruit punch; gained popularity as Michael Jordan's preferred flavor, limited distribution)
* Strawberry Kiwi (pink)
* Cherry Rush (deep red, discontinued)
* Cherry Lime (pink, discontinued )
* Lemonade (yellow, available about 1988-1989. it is unknown if this is identical to 2005 recipe, this may not be the same product.)

By flavor group

Original
* Lemon-Lime
* Fruit Punch
* Orange
* Cool Blue
* Berry
* Ice Punch
* Strawberry Kiwi

A.M.
* Orange-Strawberry
* Tropical-Mango
* Cran Raspberry

Rain
* Berry
* Lime
* Tangerine
* Cherry
* Strawberry Kiwi
* Watermelon
* Grape
Fierce
* Wild Berry
* Grape
* Melon
* Strawberry
* Lime

Lemonade
* Lemonade
* Pink Lemonade
* Raspberry Lemonade

X-Factor
* Lemon-Lime + Strawberry
* Fruit Punch + Berry
* Orange + Tropical Fruit

Frost
* Glacier Freeze
* Riptide Rush
* Cascade Crash

Xtremo
* Mango Electrico
* Tropical Intenso

Ice
* Strawberry
* Lemon
* Lime
* Orange
* Watermelon

By color

========
*Fruit Punch
*Fierce Berry
*Xtremo Tropical Intenso
*Berry Citrus
*ESPN The Flavor
*X-Factor Fruit Punch + Berry
*Super Bowl Berry
*Cherry Rain
*Cherry Rush
*All-Stars Strawberry
*Cran-Raspberry A.M.

========
*Frost Glacier Freeze
*Frost Cascade Crash
*Cool Blue
*All-Stars Berry
*Fierce Wild Berry
*Fierce Grape

========
*Orange
*Fierce Melon
*Xtremo Mango Electrico
*X-Factor Orange + Tropical Fruit
*Cooler Orange
*Tangerine Rain
*Tropical Mango A.M.
*Orange Strawberry A.M.
*All-Stars Tropical Punch

========
*Citrus Cooler
*Xtremo Citrico Vibrante
*All-Stars Lemon-Lime
*Lemonade

========
*Lemon-Lime
*Frost Whitewater Splash
*Fierce Lime
*Starfruit
*Frost High Tide
*X-Factor Lemon-lime + Strawberry
*Lime Rain
*All-Star Melon

========
*Grape
*Frost Riptide Rush
*Fierce Grape
*All-Stars Grape
*Berry Rain

========
*Strawberry Kiwi
*Passion Fruit
*Fierce Strawberry
*Raspberry Lemonade
*Strawberry Lemonade
*Strawberry Kiwi Rain
*Cherry Lime

========
*Frost Alpine Snow
*Lemon Ice
*Lime Ice
*Strawberry Ice
*Orange Ice
*Watermelon Ice
*All-Stars Ice Punch

Other colors
*Iced Tea Cooler ()
*Midnight Thunder (black)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah - old skool gatorade getting hard to find now that they have all the before and after workout bullshit

true grit

true grit

LOL at ya Mopho- that would be a good one.

I think I get the G-Series plain Lemon Lime. I figure I wanted to use the one with the least dyes even though they say dyes are minimal etc... looked for teh glacial ones that are basically frost white/clear, but no go.

aleYarok

aleYarok

Interesting, what did ya think was lacking? Sweetness? As for flavor I just use lemon lime. Most plain to me and with simplest dyes. Could see using grapes too on purps. I used lemon lime on some white urk and it still came out hella grape skunky wine.

I was just looking at AN website and see they are now stating Bud Candy is 100% organic? Don't know if its always been listed as full organic, but that steers me away from it a lil less in both mediums- especially if I choose to not use any molasses late.

I would just use the premix, easy to measure and not sweat. Not sure if different concentrations make a difference, so who knows. Cant remember whats Obs suggestion was on flavors, think it was just use whats suited to your bud. Ive just been using the yella stuff. lol.

Well ive only heard of a few people suggest this, and those that have have apparently been using it for some time. Person who suggested this was Obsoleet- so plenty of experience/knowledge there.

As for experiment- me and some others have been using instead of sweeteners for a little while now with comparable results. Feedback from patients after first gatorade run was phenomenal.

Sure it has to do with the carbs, electrolytes, and a chef homie said the glucose is food grade in gatorade and more easily broken down and available to things that process it. Who knows, not too bad thus far.
yeap the fruity strains are tasty but didnt have that sweetness and that coat your mouth and make it water like what happened when i smoked sub's buds. the og and chem though taste fucking great and leave your mouth coated.
i think i might have to try lemon lime and some kind of berry for purp and see if i notice a difference

true grit

true grit

Were sub's chems/og's? Cuz i think a lot of that is just the fact Sub grows fruity sweet strains, as opposed to knock down stone clones.

aleYarok

aleYarok

sorry i didnt word that very well.
i got to smoke with sub a couple of his strains he grew. blown away by flavor and smoothness so i bought some packs from him.
plushberry, vortex, and cheesquake. all grown out in supersoil. super frosty and dank, good smell and flavor and smooth as fuck. but didnt have that make your mouth water flavor... now on the other hand i did have some O and chem cuts grown in the same supersoil. these strains leave that great og or chem flavor coating your mouth after smoking.

so im thinking since OG and chem arnte really a fruity strain the sweetener isnt needed?

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

so im thinking since OG and chem arnte really a fruity strain the sweetener isnt needed?

No plant can directly uptake carbs or sugars. Plants actually produce their own carbs in their metabolic and enzymatic processes, but only uptake minerals, either directly or indirectly from soil microbes. The idea of a sweetener is to feed the soil microbes, which in turn feed your plants. Molasses or a sweetener will still make an impact on yield and flavor, regardless of the natural flavors of the genetics. Some "flavoring" does carry over into the final product, IME. I've used Sweet and Floranectar, and wasn't crazy about anything taking away from the actual flavor of the bud. Gatorade seems like something wouldn't carry over as much of the flavoring, but I have no idea, as I've never tried it. I personally believe it will be highly unlikely if you use some Berry Gatorade that your OGs will suddenly taste like berries...

G

GeneralRipper

Im going to mess around with this stuff next time. Trying to do everything OG from now on out:
Liquid(more flavors):
Powder(cheeper):

S

StrawberryGirl

What strains of kush? From my experience anything with bubba is code for low yield.

the pre98 bubba s1 we rock is great...grows just like the LVPK and ya just need to trim for more leads. Its not something you are gonna rock if you are doing this for a living but if you are doing this for a living you arent rocking OG and BUBBA anyway...

J

jigilous

No plant can directly uptake carbs or sugars. Plants actually produce their own carbs in their metabolic and enzymatic processes, but only uptake minerals, either directly or indirectly from soil microbes. The idea of a sweetener is to feed the soil microbes, which in turn feed your plants. Molasses or a sweetener will still make an impact on yield and flavor, regardless of the natural flavors of the genetics. Some "flavoring" does carry over into the final product, IME. I've used Sweet and Floranectar, and wasn't crazy about anything taking away from the actual flavor of the bud. Gatorade seems like something wouldn't carry over as much of the flavoring, but I have no idea, as I've never tried it. I personally believe it will be highly unlikely if you use some Berry Gatorade that your OGs will suddenly taste like berries...

Yeah, I have the feeling that this turned into a troll thread.

Top Bottom