Growing Kush in Coco - Tips and Tricks?

• Thread starter Bud Spleefman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How did I miss this thread, Bud? Must find pix!

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
not kush but

Silica is certainly something I've been missing......

I hope I don't have a mislabeled cut of the Banner 3, I got it from a guy who lives with a girl in Boulder, the are pretty detail oriented growers, you'd think they wouldn't have mislabeled a clone, but you never know! :)

My Banner smells like Bubba Kush.... but it didn't look like the pre-98 when it grew, and I actually got 5 oz, plus, per plant, so there's no way it's Bubba Kush!

I ran out of silica blast last run ...I saw a huge differance in yeald this is on chemo from jorda of the islands

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
hay jigilious

Yeah, I have the feeling that this turned into a troll thread.

dude if you like the farm better check yourself before you wreck yourself they dont play with attitudes at the farm ( I know you think im a cop ) but you can learn alot here if you let your self

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Believe Obs recommended a 32oz per 50g res....so accordingly I just mix up batches at around 3oz/5gal and so forth. Tried a bud candy/gatorade combo for a few runs and didn't notice the difference between gatorade alone so thats all Im using now. I see Subcool added bud candy to his feed for his supersoil- I personally had the best terpene complexes out of tinkering with his soil and will be adding gatorade to feed instead of bud candy this run.

And BTW to senor Spleefman- a lot of these determinations were done on continual runs of my White MK cut (a few others but shes a maintstay every run) over the last year or so, so I got to see difference in all the good stuff on a kush.

hay true grit do you have some before and after pics of the gatorade or does anyone?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I forgot to suggest replacing perlite in their coco mixes with rice hulls, as it will provide silica in the form of potassium silicate. I really prefer how the hulls stay mixed into the coco, too, they just feel really weird when they're wet.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
What is THE BIG RICKY formula....????????? I will try the rice hulls next run, assuming I can find em!

such a funny name, if Seamaiden wasn't asking, I'd think it was a joke! :hi

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Alternating feeds of Floranova Bloom and Fox Farms Big Bloom, with your Ca/Mg of choice. Great base feed, allows P/K boosts weekly, every ten days or every two weeks if you like. I found every ten days to work best for my regimen, but others really like to go weekly. Incredible ease of use, and I found it very easy to mix up ahead of time to feed through the week, something not so easily done with many, if not most liquid organic concoctions I've tried. If you add molasses to it that shortens the mix's life, so store in a very cool place and aerate if you do (fan of molasses and simple sugars here).

Floranova Bloom recipe starts out at around 5ml/gal, but I have had to adjust downward very hard for some girls, as low as 2ml/gal, but it averages 3ml/gal for me.
Fox Farms BB at 15mls/gal, but I screwed that up the first time and was giving 5mls/gal, and it worked GREAT. Cal-Mag throughout was in the 5ml/gal range, this is after heavily precharging the Botanicare coco (5kg bales). All fed DTW.

Taper off at the end til the EC is in the mid-hundreds range, then nothing but molasses in the last few waterings. Gets a really nice fade from most girls I've done this with except one line, offspring of Cali O (they were the ones who needed the FNB @2mls/gal + FF BB @5mls/gal).

B

BenjaminSocks

I have seen what happens when I drop silica from my nutrient mix. It does make a difference.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Kushes luv K, coco luvs K even more. foliar spray with maxicrop or some kind of seaweed, find your balance to keep them happy

patriots333

patriots333

more plants................................................................................

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

If you are using tap water I think the cal mag deficiency is really too much cal as the tap usually has plenty. Personally I was using an ro with cal mag and now I use tap and just mag from cutting edge and I keep the fans green up until flush! Do you brew your guano before you feed? I like to brew guano with earthworm castings, for some reason the ewe add flavor like crazy!

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

wonder what would work better gatoraid or peadialyte

Gatorade

Therefore, drinks such as Pedialyte have sodium and potassium in them like the sports drinks do. However, pediatricians do not recommend giving sports drinks to a sick child! Sports drinks have much higher sugar concentrations than Pedialyte and the high sugar is not a proper treatment.

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

we need some pics guys!! throw em up!! lets start judging this theory! i got six clones, two of each strain ( three strains, indica, stativa and og)

aleYarok

aleYarok

my dad did not use any sweetener on his JTR...
my JTR got gatorade.
ill let you know after i smoke them both.

(check my thread, link in sig, for more info on our grows)

Z

ZRO

ive got a feminized burmese kush in canacoco that i just noticed started to hermaphrodite on a few of the developing flowers around day 21 of flowering. i put it outside cause i dont want to kill it. has anyone seen this before? old pic http://smg.invalid.com/albums/v283/zakkk/?action=view&current=20111122_203658.jpg

Top Bottom