Growing mushrooms in my planters...good/bad?

• Thread starter Mississip Hip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I am taking it that I have a fungally dominant soil....lol...

This is my first 'no till' run in the planters. Everybody is happy...nothing weird going on

I just got mushrooms popping up...lol...

If only they had a little purple skirt.....(hoowee)......but they dont...

I can tell you this...this is the last proof I need that chems dont kill microbial life. I vegged 30 days with sensi a/b. :) Dumpin in on TOP if the mushrooms.

What your take on mushrooms growing in an inside planter?

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

I am taking it that I have a fungally dominant soil....lol...

This is my first 'no till' run in the planters. Everybody is happy...nothing weird going on

I just got mushrooms popping up...lol...

If only they had a little purple skirt.....(hoowee)......but they dont...

I can tell you this...this is the last proof I need that chems dont kill microbial life. I vegged 30 days with sensi a/b. :) Dumpin in on TOP if the mushrooms.

Pouring nutes on top of the fruit body and claiming that's proof it doesn't kill microbes!!!??? Your claim is outrageous. First off mushrooms are not microbes!! You have no idea what is happening to the mycelium of this mushroom, as well as the many other hypha present in your planters, as well as the billions of other microbes in your planter.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

LOL...well thanks for your opinion about my knowledge.....

Did I say mushrooms are microbes?

Eat a dick.;)

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

LOL...If you want to show, off explain the difference between fungal hyphae and flagellates, as it pertains to damage from chemical salts. Percentages would be nice with a couple of links to back it up.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I gave Aligee 2 cuts b4 & they were in beer cups 1 cut started growing lots of tiny mushrooms on top of the coco & all over the sides of the coco.. They were in clear cups so u could see them in the middle of the cup growing.. That cut died we thought it was from the mushrooms..

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I've had the lil white & brown mushrooms in planters before. Plant thrived and I just picked the shrooms...lol
didn't eat em, but I've also seen them grow on 3.5 inch black containers, coming right out of the lil round holes on the bottom and peeking out..
Dude does have a point, you don't know what damage that sensi a/b did to your bacterial life but if you replenished your micro heard weekly which I'm betting you did with teas and such then prob isn't the biggest issue you face in the grow room. Fungii has a different relationship with the left over salts from the synthetic nutes...
I'd cut the shrooms down and see if they come back, are you keeping the planters extra moist maybe too?

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Do salts damage fungi less than they damage microbes? My question is, at what point (percentage wise or however you scale it) do chem salts begin damaging fungi...and also microbes?

I let them dry out nicely...I dont keep them soggy. OG's dont really like wet feet.,imho

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU

my take. living mushrooms are good. living mushrooms not dead ones!

If you had even a fraction of a clue or had any facts to back it up, you would know your statement is false. I will give you credit that at least you used the words microbial life. Maybe your a step ahead of the "bennies" sheeple that are buying overpriced talcum powder.

Pouring nutes on top of the fruit body and claiming that's proof it doesn't kill microbes!!!??? Your claim is outrageous. First off mushrooms are not microbes!! You have no idea what is happening to the mycelium of this mushroom, as well as the many other hypha present in your planters, as well as the billions of other microbes in your planter.
thank you. I suspect would have used the word stupid fuck at least 2 times in my response.

LOL...If you want to show, off explain the difference between fungal hyphae and flagellates, as it pertains to damage from chemical salts. Percentages would be nice with a couple of links to back it up.
rofl

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
this is funny shit. i love how you snap and then say my bad rotfl that is me to a tee wait i mean the "old me" lol

but as far as the details you were asking for they are in almost every soilfoodweb book but its spoke of in much length in the book "teaming with microbes"

the chems kill the micro life but you can still benefit from using organics with chems as im sure your seeing but not to the extent you would without the chems.

hope this helps

peace

B

bckwht

I love how some people take such huge offense on here when somebody isn't a organic know-it-all..like u really going to call someone you don't know a stupid fuck bc they don't use the correct terminology lol that's what I used to do to people in high school bc I was a dick in high school...

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
this is funny shit. i love how you snap and then say my bad rotfl that is me to a tee wait i mean the "old me" lol

but as far as the details you were asking for they are in almost every soilfoodweb book but its spoke of in much length in the book "teaming with microbes"

the chems kill the micro life but you can still benefit from using organics with chems as im sure your seeing but not to the extent you would without the chems.

hope this helps

peace
lol, I thought it was funny too.

I love how some people take such huge offense on here when somebody isn't a organic know-it-all..like u really going to call someone you don't know a stupid fuck bc they don't use the correct terminology lol that's what I used to do to people in high school bc I was a dick in high school...

rofl. offense? that is hilarious. missiphip can dish it out and he can take it too.I am fucking around in response to eating a dick. if you cant see that you got alot to learn.

I too would be pissed if spent a shitload of $$ on talcum powder.

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

LOL...well thanks for your opinion about my knowledge.....

Did I say mushrooms are microbes?

Eat a dick.;)

Yes you did... "I can tell you this...this is the last proof I need that chems dont kill microbial life. I vegged 30 days with sensi a/b. :) Dumpin in on TOP if the mushrooms."

Basing your logic on, if it doesn't kill the mushroom it doesn't kill the microbes is asinine.

A quick glimpse into mycorrhizea will show you that high amounts of phosphate devastates them, as well as trichoderma. I would give you some links, but not really feeling it, you can find them easily, the info on the farm here somewhere.

And as far as the dick eating, thank you for the offer, but i must respectfully decline, I prefer to eat organic as much as possible, and from the sounds of it, you don't have any organic dick to offer. However your buddy at the hydrostore, he wanted me to tell you thank you for giving him the NPK blowjobs you've been giving him for probably years.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Yes you did... "I can tell you this...this is the last proof I need that chems dont kill microbial life. I vegged 30 days with sensi a/b. :) Dumpin in on TOP if the mushrooms."

Basing your logic on, if it doesn't kill the mushroom it doesn't kill the microbes is asinine.

A quick glimpse into mycorrhizea will show you that high amounts of phosphate devastates them, as well as trichoderma. I would give you some links, but not really feeling it, you can find them easily, the info on the farm here somewhere.

And as far as the dick eating, thank you for the offer, but i must respectfully decline, I prefer to eat organic as much as possible, and from the sounds of it, you don't have any organic dick to offer. However your buddy at the hydrostore, he wanted me to tell you thank you for giving him the NPK blowjobs you've been giving him for probably years.
mushie master:rolleyes:

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i mix soil for my girl to grow mushies in...and i put rock phosphate in it...she has had no problems...she pulled 3/4 of a O, on her first run,,on the second flush now, and still banging.....but what do i know :D

sox

sox

whoa this got crazy...i seen em a bunch of times, always outdoor, never inside though...we got a bunch poppin up under the shade of our squash plant.

soserthc1

soserthc1

i dump my old soil in my front lawn and the mush pop up out of the old soil.... I was under the impression that the micro life promoted them but this organic's is fairly new to me.... after reading tatjim's post i just went out and squeezed them - could use a good mild altering night but they didn't turn blue... guess i'll just get blasted instead to many hang up's anyway but miss the good old trip days....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom