Growing mushrooms in my planters...good/bad?

• Thread starter Mississip Hip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Do salts damage fungi less than they damage microbes? My question is, at what point (percentage wise or however you scale it) do chem salts begin damaging fungi...and also microbes?

I tried to edit a comment and couldn't.

For the guy with the blowjob comment....and the stupid motherfucker comment..

Hope you guys have a good day.

Nobody answered this. I cant find it and I have looked. Seems like a simple question for all you guys that know so much about soil and microbes. Would you help answer it?

I didn't say "high phosphates" wouldn't damage anything. I am asking WHEN do they start doing damage. Myself and others get good results mixing chems and organics. Why is this so stupid?

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Pouring nutes on top of the fruit body and claiming that's proof it doesn't kill microbes!!!??? Your claim is outrageous. First off mushrooms are not microbes!! You have no idea what is happening to the mycelium of this mushroom, as well as the many other hypha present in your planters, as well as the billions of other microbes in your planter.

Dude...you made a post 8 months ago about brewing your FIRST ACT.

Then you come on here like you're Tim Wilson? Ok.

I have a real simple question. Because if any salts at all killed all microbial life....the ACT could not repair salt damaged lawns. Right?

So I am trying to figure out what percentage of salts in a solution will start negatively impacting my plants. I am doing my experiments but was curious about tests with microscopes. Other than that is a guessing game. In my simpleton brain...if the soil is healthy enough to grow mushrooms, my myco colonies and all the other stuff I cant pronounce would be ok.

I actually thought other people may be curious about this. I get great veg growth w/chems and swap to organics at flower, in a nutshell. And it works out great for me. I never claimed to be all organic. Dont want to be.

I cant find the info. I thought I saw it in a thread once that it was 5% but I cant find it. It may have gotten lost when the site went down.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

my take. living mushrooms are good. living mushrooms not dead ones!

If you had even a fraction of a clue or had any facts to back it up, you would know your statement is false. I will give you credit that at least you used the words microbial life. Maybe your a step ahead of the "bennies" sheeple that are buying overpriced talcum powder.

thank you. I suspect would have used the word stupid fuck at least 2 times in my response.

rofl

Why would you call me stupid motherfuckers bro?...lol

I didn't call you 2 kinds of stupid motherfuckers when you posted that dumb shit about the Humic I use. I tried to help you. You enjoy jabbing me. Why?

Blaze

Blaze

I am asking WHEN do they start doing damage. Myself and others get good results mixing chems and organics. Why is this so stupid?

An excellent question and one have been curious about for quite a while myself. It is pretty obvious that the claims about chemical nutrients killing ALL microbial life are BS if you pay attention to your plants and your soil. Obviously too many salts WILL kill them, but exactly how much it takes to get to that point is something no one can seem to give a straight answer to. Not to mention many organic fertilizers can have high salt content - which is what knocks back the soil food web, not the fact that it is 'organic' or 'chemical,' both can have negative effects. Disregard the peanut gallery - many people are blinded by pure theory and tend to ignore what is ACTUALLY happening.

Personally I think growing shrooms in your planters would be awesome if you could pull it off. I always get a bunch of them growing in my planters as well and have had similar thoughts. Always LBM's though, nothing edible - but that would be pretty cool if you could get an edible shroom to grow alongside your cannabis.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
An excellent question and one have been curious about for quite a while myself. It is pretty obvious that the claims about chemical nutrients killing ALL microbial life are BS if you pay attention to your plants and your soil. Obviously too many salts WILL kill them, but exactly how much it takes to get to that point is something no one can seem to give a straight answer to. Not to mention many organic fertilizers can have high salt content - which is what knocks back the soil food web, not the fact that it is 'organic' or 'chemical,' both can have negative effects. Disregard the peanut gallery - many people are blinded by pure theory and tend to ignore what is ACTUALLY happening.

Personally I think growing shrooms in your planters would be awesome if you could pull it off. I always get a bunch of them growing in my planters as well and have had similar thoughts. Always LBM's though, nothing edible - but that would be pretty cool if you could get an edible shroom to grow alongside your cannabis.
great post blaze :D

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

Dude...you made a post 8 months ago about brewing your FIRST ACT.

Then you come on here like you're Tim Wilson? Ok.

I have a real simple question. Because if any salts at all killed all microbial life....the ACT could not repair salt damaged lawns. Right?

So I am trying to figure out what percentage of salts in a solution will start negatively impacting my plants. I am doing my experiments but was curious about tests with microscopes. Other than that is a guessing game. In my simpleton brain...if the soil is healthy enough to grow mushrooms, my myco colonies and all the other stuff I cant pronounce would be ok.

I actually thought other people may be curious about this. I get great veg growth w/chems and swap to organics at flower, in a nutshell. And it works out great for me. I never claimed to be all organic. Dont want to be.

I cant find the info. I thought I saw it in a thread once that it was 5% but I cant find it. It may have gotten lost when the site went down.

No one is saying any salts will kill all microbes. Im just saying pouring nutes on top of a mushroom and making that the "proof that you needed" that chems dont kill microbes isn't exactly good justice.

I do the same some chems in veg and organic in flower. Frequent drenches on ACT makes me feel like I balance the scales in my favor. I don't really care about the maximum percent of salts you can have before damaging the microherd, I mostly just keep it simple, bank on results and try new things slowly.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I figured alot of people are out there doing the chem/organic thing. Its interesting to me. Not that I will max the chems all the way out, but it would be cool to know where the mark is.
I have tried to start thread about this before and gotten blasted.

No bro!! I have mushrooms growing in the planters NOW...lol...in week 3...
Sponsorship 004

Sponsorship 003

No one is saying any salts will kill all microbes. Im just saying pouring nutes on top of a mushroom and making that the "proof that you needed" that chems dont kill microbes isn't exactly good justice.

I do the same some chems in veg and organic in flower. Frequent drenches on ACT makes me feel like I balance the scales in my favor. I don't really care about the maximum percent of salts you can have before damaging the microherd, I mostly just keep it simple, bank on results and try new things slowly.

Its not your thread.

Whether or not you "really care about maximum percents"...doesn't matter. I care about them. :)

Your experience of 8 months brewing ACT's doesn't impress me enough to take your advice anyway.

No offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom