Growing Trichomes [leaf Farming]

• Thread starter lukem5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

THC increased when cannabis Sativa started being crossed with Cannabis Indica. Prior to the late 80's early nineties most weed being smoked here was Sativa. Hybridizing not trimming did this.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Nothing personal bro.

Just don't like seeing misinformation spread around and unchecked.

~

I can't wait to see your results of the UV because it completes contradicts what I found. I assume you are doing a thread? How did you achieve only UV-B? I admittly was using UV-A with diodes but saw no difference what so ever and used T5 on the next grow (although not a UV only bulb) to do the same.....Still none. No UV and only 3000k same.

BioStimz

BioStimz

My point was statistically speaking, that pollen two inches away from a pistil is going to be better off in my mind.
No way.

Are you familiar with pollen grains? (key word 'GRAINS')?

I don't care how close they are to a pistil.... if a grain lands on the resins and oils.... it ain't goin' nowhere.

So yeah, pollen from 3-miles away would have a [far] better chance at pollination.

Homesteader

Homesteader

No way.

I don't care how close they are to a pistil.... if a grain lands on the resins and oils.... it ain't goin' nowhere.

So yeah, pollen from 3-miles away would have a [far] better chance at pollination.

Yeah cause cannabis flowers never fucking bend over and rubs against each other! You very well may be right pal, I really don't care and I don't have a cookie to give to you but you probably deserve it.
My point was to get people to think out of the box not be right. You can right all you want "bro" but the truth you are just repeating GAP It is so easy to say pollen cannot be transferred from trich to pistil and still be viable when you don't really know.

BioStimz

BioStimz

I can't wait to see your results of the UV because it completes contradicts what I found. I assume you are doing a thread? How did you achieve only UV-B? I admittly was using UV-A with diodes but saw no difference what so ever and used T5 on the next grow (although not a UV only bulb) to do the same.....Still none. No UV and only 3000k same.
You were using the wrong spectrum.

UVA just causes accelerated photodegradation.

It does nothing to increase trichome-density.

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

Yeah cause cannabis flowers never fucking bend over and rubs against each other! You very well may be right pal, I really don't care and I don't have a cookie to give to you but you probably deserve it.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
No way.

FACT!

Homesteader

Homesteader

Sorry guys but these one word response bring me back I cant keep up with you gen z'ers what is fact again?

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/c9ec/c950ba86efa252469e943332b82e1c445163.pdf
https://cannabissativabiol2061.wordpress.com/botany-a-study-of-marijuana-from-pollen-to-pot/
"While the function of these structures can vary from deterring herbivores to attracting pollinators, the secreting trichomes primarily function as a continuous source of exudate to increase light reflection and thus decrease leaf temperature."

bibbles

bibbles

"...trichomes primarily function as a continuous source of exudate to increase light reflection and thus decrease leaf temperature."

In lay-English, trichomes are like sunscreen; you understand sunscreen, right? You've proven yourself wrong. Additionally, you may ask any older smoker if bud was always trimmed like it is now, it was not; THC is measured by weight, leaves and stems are not made of air.

You do not understand what you are talking about.

gen z'er?

People born after 2000, but the use of this term suggests he was born after 1990, and... well... millennials. :/

BioStimz

BioStimz

"While the function of these structures can vary from deterring herbivores to attracting pollinators, the secreting trichomes primarily function as a continuous source of exudate to increase light reflection and thus decrease leaf temperature."

"A key and unique feature of glandular trichomes is their ability to synthesize and secrete large amounts, relative to their size, of a limited number of specialized metabolites: mainly terpenoids (Gershenzon et al., 1992; Gershenzon and Dudareva, 2007) "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5580781/

If heat-dissipation was the (primary) function for trichomes.... then how does one explain the well-documented storage and secretion of secondary metabolites such as terpenoids from glandular trichomes as a defense mechanism or as a form of communication between plants?

Meh.... apples to oranges.

Homesteader

Homesteader

MC Bibbles- I really look forward to you teaching me botany and shit along with the increase of terps that bio is going to show on his new UV side by side thread he is doing. FYI- I was posting the GAP.

I thought you were out of here but since you are back can you tell me how you achieved UV-B only? And what strain did you run using both? Was this like a 11% increase of thrich type deal? Squint close and turn your head, but look quick cause I have to turn off the lights?

bibbles

bibbles

Not dissipation, reflection; we're talking about the thermal radiation of the sun, not the plant's internal temperature, which is regulated via transparation.

Spectral energy density increases exponentially with wavelength, thus UV light is much more energy dense, which is why it burns us; UV-B is more energy dense than UV-A, and now I wonder, has anyone tried UV-C?

BioStimz

BioStimz

I thought you were out of here but since you are back can you tell me how you achieved UV-B only? And what strain did you run using both? Was this like a 11% increase of thrich type deal? Squint close and turn your head, but look quick cause I have to turn off the lights?
Guess you'll have to wait for the thread.

BioStimz

BioStimz

Spectral energy density increases exponentially with wavelength, thus UV light is much more energy dense, which is why it burns us; UV-B is more energy dense than UV-A, and now I wonder, has anyone tried UV-C?

DNA has a strong absorption maximum in the UVC-range of 260 nm, so no.... using UVC would just increase the potential for mutagenesis.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Not dissipation, reflection; we're talking about the thermal radiation of the sun, not the plant's internal temperature, which is regulated via transparation.

Why do plants curl their leaves in high heat and raise their margins in high heat if transpiration has it covered?
Silly me I thought it was to control airflow over the leaves. I really don't even understand what your comment was addressed to me but it sounded good.

Top Bottom