Growing when living in harsh conditions

• Thread starter Kbailey3232
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kbailey3232

Kbailey3232

wall off an area about 8x10 (build an insulated room), put your tent in that area, then control the areas environment (get a dehumidifier, a heater, a portable air conditioner...) and put that air into your tent (with fans and exhaust/filter) and exhaust outside the home.
Best idea yet, thank you I stealth

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
no need for air tight, your home is not air tight and still works. the easiest and the best are different answers. if you can watch a google diy on how to "frame up" an area, then do that. it is not hard, im a granny and can do it. then just go cheap and use insulated wall board (about $25 a sheet at box store near you). frame for a door, btw! or you can use prefab walls. if you build out a room, you could conceivably run an hvac vent in and use a simple smart vent to add more control to that room. for framing just 2x4s, then the wall board and door, you could get fancy and put up sheet rock over it, but not needed. and since no one is in the attic, you dont need the outter walls to be walls. pick the right place and you are only talking 2 more walls, or at most 3 (talking about building, you have to insulate all).

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

no need for air tight, your home is not air tight and still works. the easiest and the best are different answers. if you can watch a google diy on how to "frame up" an area, then do that. it is not hard, im a granny and can do it. then just go cheap and use insulated wall board (about $25 a sheet at box store near you). frame for a door, btw! or you can use prefab walls. if you build out a room, you could conceivably run an hvac vent in and use a simple smart vent to add more control to that room. for framing just 2x4s, then the wall board and door, you could get fancy and put up sheet rock over it, but not needed. and since no one is in the attic, you dont need the outter walls to be walls. pick the right place and you are only talking 2 more walls, or at most 3 (talking about building, you have to insulate all).
Listen to this one. Still suggest growing outdoors starting today while getting this room set up for winter.

Kbailey3232

Kbailey3232

Very true, like if building on a corner wall? I have construction and framing experience so the building part I’m not worried about. It the humidity issues or not having a strong enough dehumidifier to keep up.

Kbailey3232

Kbailey3232

Very true, like if building on a corner wall? I have construction and framing experience so the building part I’m not worried about. It the humidity issues or not having a strong enough dehumidifier to keep up.
Maybe need 2?

Growgod420

Growgod420

I plan on using several fans for circulation and want to completely enclose just the grow area (5’x7’) hopefully keeping the grow space adequate enough without having to change the entire room/space if the attic. It’s a fairly large attic to be able to control 100% of the space
Huge dehumidifier and great air flow with a a/c for the summer time and heater during the winter time. Don't cheap out a/c infinity makes a great exhaust fans!!!!

Kbailey3232

Kbailey3232

Listen to this one. Still suggest growing outdoors starting today while getting this room set up for winter.
That sounds f-ing perfect! Like today! But I need clones or seeds quick like. I’m going to need to find a good seed
Bank or clone supplier that can overnight me some strains I need for down here

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
and your hvac more than likely has some venting running through the attic, so you can use that and make an hvac vent in your room making it a heated/cooled space. it wont be perfect, due to how air flows and all, but use a smart vent and that would help. it might get a bit warm and cool but will mostly stay how your home is set.

Kbailey3232

Kbailey3232

and your hvac more than likely has some venting running through the attic, so you can use that and make an hvac vent in your room making it a heated/cooled space. it wont be perfect, due to how air flows and all, but use a smart vent and that would help. it might get a bit warm and cool but will mostly stay how your home is set.
Like tap into my homes central air duct and direct it inside the grow room with a check vale (one way valve) inside the grow room so only cool at can enter? Sounds super easy and very effective

Kbailey3232

Kbailey3232

Like tap into my homes central air duct and direct it inside the grow room with a check vale (one way valve) inside the grow room so only cool at can enter? Sounds super easy and very effective
The ideas are popping. Need to smoke a lil more to get more creative juices flowing!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
both dehumidifiers have a hose so you can run it to a drain or a bigger bucket. just make sure it is over 22 pint, and has that hose.

get a controller (like inkbird) and use a humidifier and dehumidifier and you can dial in the humidity pretty great. but then you have to control the temp too and that is simultaneously! the LED light choice makes it much easier since they produce lots less heat. a small a/c unit and a small heater with a controller will work. a great (3-4 hundred cfm or more!) exhaust fan/filter, and you vent that outside.

if you can do the work yourself, you can work on it and get it done pretty fast.

Kbailey3232

Kbailey3232

Awesome
both dehumidifiers have a hose so you can run it to a drain or a bigger bucket. just make sure it is over 22 pint, and has that hose.

get a controller (like inkbird) and use a humidifier and dehumidifier and you can dial in the humidity pretty great. but then you have to control the temp too and that is simultaneously! the LED light choice makes it much easier since they produce lots less heat. a small a/c unit and a small heater with a controller will work. a great (3-4 hundred cfm or more!) exhaust fan/filter, and you vent that outside.

if you can do the work yourself, you can work on it and get it done pretty fast.
Awesome, so I vent everything into the outer article space or vent it completely through the roof and outside? Will neighbors smell anything?

Latest posts

Top Bottom